Author Topic: Lakers win , fans riot in LA, wtf?  (Read 6422 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Lakers win , fans riot in LA, wtf?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »
two white guys shocked themselves on powerlines after the broncos won their first superbowl besides s##t.  mostly drunk whites.  who the f##k you think be burning cars in series a in italy or pissing on people in the stands in series a in england. lets chill with the race sh@t.  howard...go back to shaw and coach.

Geesh ::) I went out of way to point out that this kind of "riot after a win" behavior is done by all kinds of people in different sports worldwide. My post was only a few sentences , so read the whole thing before you tell me I made a racist post.

I just can't fathom why any group would want to celebrate via trashing their own property.
As an NHL hockey ATL Thrashers fan , it never dawned on me to smash my car windows to celebrate when they win.

Wow, ol' Shaw HS. Been a long time since I last taught/coached there. I have some great memories of my time there.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »
Lakers fans are notoriously shitty fans. all the reasons why many people cant stand LA, can be embodied by the average Laker fan. typically a bunch of arrogant, empty, bandwagoning douchebags.

i love LA and the lakers were a great team but their fans have always been like that.

Different L.A. than when Magic baby-hooked the Sixers in 1980. Rioters then just made a purple and gold mess of Figueroa St.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 12:52:55 PM »
I was downtown at shooters after the Cavs won a playoff game...I think last year.  Not even a block up the road, it was insane with people doing crazy shit.  I haven't seen anything like that in that large of #s.  There were several hundred people.  In this instance, it was basically young blacks...but I think more is determined by a group mentality and education backround.  We definitely heard multiple gunshots, tons of people were jumping on top of cars, driving cars down the streets with doors open and blaring rap music(not sure what was up with that but we saw a lot of it), screaming, breaking bottles and ripping down signs.  It was complete anarchy.  It was near section 8 housing (which for some reason is right next to the west bank of the flats). 
For anyone that knows about Cleveland and the flats, you know it was amazing 10yrs ago but it was ruined, gang violence, too many fights, couple deaths, etc.  Guess they are eventually going to put resturants and condos there but the east bank of the flats is flattened.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55:58 PM »
I was downtown at shooters after the Cavs won a playoff game...I think last year.  Not even a block up the road, it was insane with people doing crazy shit.  I haven't seen anything like that in that large of #s.  There were several hundred people.  In this instance, it was basically young blacks...but I think more is determined by a group mentality and education backround.  We definitely heard multiple gunshots, tons of people were jumping on top of cars, driving cars down the streets with doors open and blaring rap music(not sure what was up with that but we saw a lot of it), screaming, breaking bottles and ripping down signs.  It was complete anarchy.  It was near section 8 housing (which for some reason is right next to the west bank of the flats). 
For anyone that knows about Cleveland and the flats, you know it was amazing 10yrs ago but it was ruined, gang violence, too many fights, couple deaths, etc.  Guess they are eventually going to put resturants and condos there but the east bank of the flats is flattened.

I just don't understand what the "pay off" is for doing that kind of thing.
I think that drinking, partying and having fun and getting a bit crazy is all good.
Breaking stuff up and setting it on fire seems to make no sense.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
I just don't understand what the "pay off" is for doing that kind of thing.
I think that drinking, partying and having fun and getting a bit crazy is all good.
Breaking stuff up and setting it on fire seems to make no sense.

After you figure it, work on graffiti.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
 :-X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »
Thanks for posting the video and links on this. I really felt bad for the young guy who had a lot of his merchandise torched.
I wonder how many of these riot knuckleheads ever go to an actual Laker game?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »
Thanks for posting the video and links on this. I really felt bad for the young guy who had a lot of his merchandise torched.
I wonder how many of these riot knuckleheads ever go to an actual Laker game?

Ahh yes, the vaguely addressed, "riot knuckleheads".  ::)

Did they look like this?

Bodybuilding Pro.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 08:07:26 PM »
we been doin it a while...we know how to celebrate..Pittsburg is a shitty city...But i do love the steelers. But you know pittsburg aint shit

the steelers are pittsburgh, you can't like one without liking the other

unless you are front runner ::)

oh you can have the crime, traffic, smog, plastic women and celebrity wannabes in LA

E
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 08:10:08 PM »
White people "protest"
Black people "riot"
 ;)
;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 09:32:16 PM »
I saw the videos of the fans destroying stuff and setting some car on fire in LA near the Staples Center after the Laker win for the NBA title. wtf?
I just don't get why anyone would do that?
Hmmm let's see.I guess it goes like this
 Wow I just won the lottery.
 I am going to celebrate by trashing my house and setting my car on fire> wtf?
mxcns
((-::

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 09:40:02 PM »
Hey, give some people an excuse to drink alcohol, and party, and destroy and steal they will - who cares about other people.  However, unfortunately, out of a crowd of thousands, about 50 of these people ruin it for all.

The Los Angeles Lakers Parade will be Wednesday at 11am, going from Staples Center to the Coliseum. 

At least the city won't have to pay a lot of the overtime costs regarding this parade...

"The Los Angeles Times reported that nearly half the $900,000 the city needs to provide for police and traffic control has been donated by Casey and Laura Wasserman, Jerry and Margie Perenchio and others, citing sources close to the Lakers."

You're lucky the poor of California don't burn your fucking state to the ground...You people have done nothing to help the uneducated in the state...So when they grab onto something THEY can relate to(the Lakers)that is when they show you what really is up...Closing in on 50 billion dollars in debt with no end in sight and you want more cops to control the poor...Stop letting Liquor stores in to the poor area and bring in massive amounts of therapist and educational outlets...

Get a fucking Clue Ron... :-\

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
When Maryland won against Duke a few yrs back, the students trashed the school, ripping down the goal posts...guess what race was that....here is a hint, it was ok if they did it ;)

I think you're thinking of when Maryland lost to Duke in the tournament in 2001 (I was there in College Park that night as they were burning the motherfucker down). The most destructive of the rioters were black. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »
By the way why are we all seeing a few people turn a few cars over on all the news stations but barely even heard about the massive train crash that killed so many people in California not to long ago? That train crash should have been on the news for weeks if not months...

How many bodies did in that crash?

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:26 PM »
Oh I forgot...The train crash happened right at the time the massively rigged sub prime crises was about to be announced...And they needed everyone's attention on that :-\

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 09:50:51 PM »
You're lucky the poor of California don't burn your fucking state to the ground...You people have done nothing to help the uneducated in the state...So when they grab onto something THEY can relate to(the Lakers)that is when they show you what really is up...Closing in on 50 billion dollars in debt with no end in sight and you want more cops to control the poor...Stop letting Liquor stores in to the poor area and bring in massive amounts of therapist and educational outlets...

I don't know about Ron, but I'm perfectly okay with locking up all of the uneducated who commit crime...  I refer to it as "the Final Solution to the 'stupid people' question".   :D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »
I think you're thinking of when Maryland lost to Duke in the tournament in 2001 (I was there in College Park that night as they were burning the motherfucker down). The most destructive of the rioters were black. 
UMCP   lost to Duke?   No   really?    Hopefully it was in basketball and not football!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 09:52:22 PM »
UMCP   lost to Duke?   No   really?    Hopefully it was in basketball and not football!!!

Yes, basketball.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 09:54:18 PM »

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »

I don't know about Ron, but I'm perfectly okay with locking up all of the uneducated who commit crime...  I refer to it as "the Final Solution to the 'stupid people' question".   :D

That is all well and great but the educated are the ones who drive the ship...They create it all...

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »
"Hey, our home team won so let's burn down OUR OWN neighborhood to celebrate."

^^  This flew right under the genetic theory radar...NOT.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 10:17:05 PM »
"Hey, our home team won so let's burn down OUR OWN neighborhood to celebrate."

^^  This flew right under the genetic theory radar...NOT.

Matt!  Why do you suppose sub-Saharan Africa is such a shithole?  Any sociological theories that may explain this phenomenon?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »

Matt!  Why do you suppose sub-Saharan Africa is such a shithole?  Any sociological theories that may explain this phenomenon?

Yes, they are just being oppressed by the evil white monster!!  In the years before the white man arrived there with Africa looking even worse than it does now, they were being oppressed by telepathy caused by - you guessed it - the white man.

Remember - WE ARE ALL EQUAL [but whites are the scourge of the earth]!!!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2009, 07:28:04 AM »

You're serious with this shit?

CA is broke, in part, because it spends RETARDED money on education. With retarded results. Spend five minutes with the parents in some of these neighborhoods. Some cultures simply don't value education.

And grow up with this stupid liquor store bullshit - you really think a Barnes & Noble is gonna survive the hood?