Author Topic: In 1993, Paul Dillet couldnt pose his back. By 2003 Paul mastered the lat spread  (Read 27102 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
pre-tear his front double bicep shot was excellent
I think that is being just a tad over-zelous.  it was okay, but not excellent.  To have an 'excellent" front double biceps pose, it is a prerequisite that you have "excellent" biceps :)

Flower Boy Ran Away

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
I think that is being just a tad over-zelous.  it was okay, but not excellent.  To have an 'excellent" front double biceps pose, it is a prerequisite that you have "excellent" biceps :)

oh please

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

His biceps wern't poor , perhaps could have been bigger but lets not get carried away .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
oh please

What?? his biceps were always overpowered by the rest of his physique.  post or pre-tear. It was good, but certainly not excellent. Excellent would be Arnold, Ronnie (pre-gut) or Robby Robinson.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
while we are talking about biceps, does anyone have any Dillett shots of front double bis?

with his taper and crazy arms, he must have had a phenominal looking front double bi.
Flower Boy Ran Away

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
What?? his biceps were always overpowered by the rest of his physique.  post or pre-tear. It was good, but certainly not excellent. Excellent would be Arnold, Ronnie (pre-gut) or Robby Robinson.
pretty picky about excellence when it comes to others
but what about the blob

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

Excellent would be Yates , among the best ever would be Coleman and Arnold , poor would be Dickerson and peep this Dillet double bi , mindblowing !!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
where is th one of him in suspenders with his fists on his hips, that one is cool.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
pretty picky about excellence when it comes to others
but what about the blob

I am very picky about Ronnie too -he is still winning because he has shitty competition, not because he looks like he used to - I just avoid criticizing the calves because I like to annoy ND! ;D

and i still dont think they are as important as back, chest or arms.

Case in point: in pumping iron, when arnold was asked to flex at the prison, did the prisoners ask him to flex his calf?

of course not.  and this would never happen in real life either.  A huge chest or arm is always going to be viewed as more impressive than big calves, and the judges have always followed suit.  Thats just the way it is.
Calves are not as critical as other much larger bodyparts.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
I am very picky about Ronnie too -he is still winning because he has shitty competition, not because he looks like he used to - I just avoid criticizing the calves because I like to annoy ND! ;D

and i still dont think they are as important as back, chest or arms.

Case in point: in pumping iron, when arnold was asked to flex at the prison, did the prisoners ask him to flex his calf?

of course not.  and this would never happen in real life either.  A huge chest or arm is always going to be viewed as more impressive than big calves, and the judges have always followed suit.  Thats just the way it is.
Calves are not as critical as other much larger bodyparts.

Thats why you have poor logic , calves can be seen in every single pose from every single angle , Arnold always said that when doing any pose weak calves ruin the whole effect  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Dillet's freaky front double bicep shot , I know the angle helps but this is down right shocking.

GMCtrk

Yates was always the only one who would stick out his calf on any pose possible to show them off, case and point the side tricep. That alone could give him the edge over Ronnie on a given pose.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Yates was always the only one who would stick out his calf on any pose possible to show them off, case and point the side tricep. That alone could give him the edge over Ronnie on a given pose.
but Ronnie could do the same thing with all of his other parts that are superior to Dorian (eg. glutes, hams, biceps, quads etc).

One bodypart does not make for a whole physique.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
but Ronnie could do the same thing with all of his other parts that are superior to Dorian (eg. glutes, hams, biceps, quads etc).

Again every single pose the calfs are plainly evident , you can't escape medicore calves , biceps you can .

GMCtrk

Except for the fact that Dorian is within shooting range of Ronnie for the title if they were going head to head. Ronnie, despite his dominance now over jaw gutler, would not be blowing Dorian away at anything.

It would also be nice if we had some better photography of Yates from his best conditions at the O. All I can seem to find are some crappy pictures scanned out of a magazine which aren't that good to begin with.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
It would also be nice if we had some better photography of Yates from his best conditions at the O. All I can seem to find are some crappy pictures scanned out of a magazine which aren't that good to begin with.

I think ND has some in his jerk-off section of his hard drive. 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Except for the fact that Dorian is within shooting range of Ronnie for the title if they were going head to head. Ronnie, despite his dominance now over jaw gutler, would not be blowing Dorian away at anything.

A lot of Yates pictures look glossy because of his fair skin a lot of his detail seems to get washed away in pics without ideal lighting , with the right lighting you can see much more clarity.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
I think ND has some in his jerk-off section of his hard drive. 8)

I probably have more Coleman pics than Yates  ;) and I'll leave the beating off to you and your hero .

GMCtrk

A lot of Yates pictures look glossy because of his fair skin a lot of his detail seems to get washed away in pics without ideal lighting , with the right lighting you can see much more clarity.

I have only found 1 great picture of Yates, that back double bi with the green background. Whether that was a guest posing or grand prix I don't know, but there is no way Dorian was in better condition in that picture than 93 or 95 in which he was at his best at the "O".

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
Sorry I dont have any pics, but does anyone remember an old FLEX mag shoot where Dillett is playing pool and training in a pair of pants with suspenders. Some of the freakiest shots I've seen in 30 years as a fan of the sport. Dillett looks like a charicature, a freak, almost unbelievable in his shape, size, and hardness.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
"Smallish biceps..".

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
wow... he makes cutler look like nothing.

GMCtrk

wow... he makes cutler look like nothing.

of course he does. In BFTO98 dillet was 287lbs and ripped.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Paul was the only guy Dorian Yates really feared on stage.

GMCtrk

Paul was the only guy Dorian Yates really feared on stage.

Dorian never feared anyone on stage