Author Topic: I'll rip Lesnar apart piece by piece - Overeem  (Read 29854 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: I'll rip Lesnar apart piece by piece - Overeem
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2011, 05:47:07 AM »
Guys with half the strength of Brock have taken Overeem down, once Lesner has him down game over thats it. The only chance Overeem has is in the first minute. lol at whoever said Overeem is a strong as Brock :-[

Brock is nowhere near the animal he used to be, and nobody knows what effect the surgery had on him. If he does have a strength advantage then its minimal as Overeem has juiced up to elite levels, however its a dead cert that a prime Brock crushes just about everybody in a battle of power.  

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2011, 05:57:59 AM »
I'm kind of excited about this fight now.

Overeem reall should win this fight, but not if he performs in the few fights i've seen him in lately. I wouldn't rule out Brock though. If the Reem is over-cautious Brock might get lucky.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2011, 06:04:24 AM »
Brock is nowhere near the animal he used to be, and nobody knows what effect the surgery had on him. If he does have a strength advantage then its minimal as Overeem has juiced up to elite levels, however its a dead cert that a prime Brock crushes just about everybody in a battle of power.  
and brock doesn't juice.....??? lolol.... ::)
Be Happy,
Optimus

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2011, 06:11:38 AM »
Guys with half the strength of Brock have taken Overeem down, once Lesner has him down game over thats it. The only chance Overeem has is in the first minute. lol at whoever said Overeem is a strong as Brock :-[
what guys have taken Overeem down lately??
i am talking Overeem 2.0 not the pride Overeem.. fighters evolve you know..... ;D
Overeem threw Rogers around like a doll, same with Duffee, both guys are big strong dudes.. in the 240's/ 250's...Also Werdum said after the fight he felt the power of Overeem, was like i hit a brick wall he said. Werdum is a big dude also!
brock is around 270 and Overeem almost 260.. only 10 pounds of a diffrence..
Overeem is a good 2 inch taller.
gonna be a hell of a fight ! i hope.... lol....
Be Happy,
Optimus

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2011, 06:14:05 AM »

Brock has been exposed in his last two fights.

;D

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2011, 06:19:34 AM »
brock is around 270 and Overeem almost 260.. only 10 pounds of a diffrence...

hes back @ 280 after the surgery which made him feel fine again. at least that's what he claims. The feeling fine part. Dont doubt the weight,

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2011, 06:20:58 AM »
Lol@people STILL buying into the Brock hype.
Im with Chaos on this one, Id like to see Brock legitamize himself, but its just not gonna happen, Overeem is too good.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2011, 06:26:03 AM »
the face off between vrock and overeem shows lesnars obvious tensity towards overeem while overeem didn't even see brock as impressive. Brock was impressed by overeems confidence in his eyes and was a little sourprised by his overall greatness. You could see it.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2011, 06:28:19 AM »
Lol@people STILL buying into the Brock hype.
Im with Chaos on this one, Id like to see Brock legitamize himself, but its just not gonna happen, Overeem is too good.

what hype? Brock won 3 title fights! Thats not hype. Brock delivered.

Brock at 278LB three weeks ago

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:38 AM »

Brock will deliver and make it look easy.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »
Finally a photo that shows that lesnar was Much bigger. Since the startedown from the side made Overeem look bigger since he stood at an angle.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2011, 06:52:09 AM »

All confidence - cock is the power!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2011, 06:57:36 AM »
V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
Brock will deliver and make it look easy.
Lol.
Its one thing to say you think Brock will win, to say he will make it look easy against arguably the best standing heavyweight in the world is just ignorant. (Reigning K1 Champ)
ESPECIALLY with Brocks phobia of fists (see his fetal position/run away every time someone hits him)

Going from Brocks previous fights, all Overeem is gonna have to do is nail him with 1 or 2 good shots, and Brock is going to go into run away mode... and then itll be all over.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2011, 07:09:26 AM »
Lol.
Its one thing to say you think Brock will win, to say he will make it look easy against arguably the best standing heavyweight in the world is just ignorant. (Reigning K1 Champ)
ESPECIALLY with Brocks phobia of fists (see his fetal position/run away every time someone hits him)

Going from Brocks previous fights, all Overeem is gonna have to do is nail him with 1 or 2 good shots, and Brock is going to go into run away mode... and then itll be all over.

after the Loss to Cain, and a talk with Bas Rutten, Pat Berry is conducting stand-up training differently with Brock this time. Brock will actually be getting punched during practice now

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
after the Loss to Cain, and a talk with Bas Rutten, Pat Berry is conducting stand-up training differently with Brock this time. Brock will actually be getting punched during practice now
Yeah, thats all well and good, but the only person thats ever hit him with the power that Overeem has is Carwin, and Carwin gassed in 2 seconds out of stupidity.
That will not happen with Overeem. No amount of getting punched in sparring is going to prepare Brock for Overeems knees and punches IMO, and I dont believe that the (relatively) short amount of training Brock is getting in taking a punch is going to override his instincts when one of Overeems massive blows lands.

My  .02. Brock is a great wrestler and a decent fighter, but hes just one of those guys that cant stand getting hit (regardless of how tough his chin is) and his instinct is to flee when he takes a punch. Not a great trait in a MMA fight, especially not against the K1 Champ.

To even have a chance he has to take Overeem down right away and not let him throw any blows... which I dont see happening right away, as Overeem has a great takedown defense. Brock cannot allow Overeem to hit him, and I cannot possibly see that happening before Overeem has a chance to do his damage.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2011, 07:18:17 AM »
Finally a photo that shows that lesnar was Much bigger. Since the startedown from the side made Overeem look bigger since he stood at an angle.

T-shirt & jeans vs Tailor made suit
American vs European
Trash vs Class
Chump vs Champ

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »

Do you have proof of this?

I saw the video you linked

and bas talks about what brocks needs to do in the end.. But he doesn't say Now they'reg oing to do so etc.. So where has that been said? Im really hoping It's true but I want some clear cut evidence lol.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2011, 07:43:15 AM »
Do you have proof of this?

I saw the video you linked

and bas talks about what brocks needs to do in the end.. But he doesn't say Now they'reg oing to do so etc.. So where has that been said? Im really hoping It's true but I want some clear cut evidence lol.

When I first saw that video; I assumed that Bas and Pat discussed how detrimental it is to NOT hit Brock during training. Im guessing Pat has convinced Brock that the "no hitting" policy is a going to short change him. Brock said he is training is different this time. So I deduced they changed the "no hitting" rule.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2011, 07:50:04 AM »
When I first saw that video; I assumed that Bas and Pat discussed how detrimental it is to NOT hit Brock during training. Im guessing Pat has convinced Brock that the "no hitting" policy is a going to short change him. Brock said he is training is different this time. So I deduced they changed the "no hitting" rule.

He mentioned something around those lines at the pressconference.. Would be nice to hear the actual words though lol.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:13 AM »

That is probably THE MOST helpful thing for Brock at this time.

Rather than go off into the Minnesota woods or whatever he does in the off season, he needs be in there learning how to NOT go into panic mode when the shots starting raining down on him. I think I heard Bas Rutten say in an interview once that you begin that training slowly by standing against a wall and react to slower punches and build your way up. We'll see how he reacts when that first combination starts to come in.

I think a competitive Brock Lesnar is good for the sport for sure.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2011, 07:57:46 AM »
I think I heard Bas Rutten say in an interview once that you begin that training slowly by standing against a wall and react to slower punches and build your way up.

... you mean the video 2 posts above yours?  ::)

;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2011, 08:02:52 AM »
Yeah, but Brock said he was training differently last time too. We'll see.
I would like to see Brock competitive, but he has to make some MAJOR changes to go up against the likes of Overeem.

Brock has been a 1 trick pony his whole career, hopefully he's rectified this, but I doubt it.
I remember him saying before how he had been working on his standup, but it didnt show at all when he actually fought.
Hopefully its different, or its going to be a really short fight.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2011, 08:07:45 AM »
edit* not getting dragged into serious arguments lol.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2011, 08:14:33 AM »
Brocks flying knee was crazy in that fight. I think Brock through 5 knees in the first 15 seconds of the fight.

He clocked Cain a couple times with his fists too.

Somewhere in the Brock's initial bullrush; Cain got hurt... the torn rotator cuff that plagued him for a full year afterward