Author Topic: Online trading questions  (Read 2957 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Online trading questions
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:32:48 AM »
Something Ive be looking to have a dabble in for sometime. I have some capital that I'd like to invest, been monitoring, reading, researching...but Im still coming up short finding the best online sites to monitor and get the best up to the minute information

suggestions?

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: Online trading questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:14:21 AM »
I have liked Scottrade.
Most are all show no go!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »

I use E-Trade, and just Yahoo.com, and other various business sites where you can learn about a stock, but my main one is E-Trade where I buy and sell stocks. There are others that are probably the same or cheaper, but I started with them, and the trade cost was pretty cheap. At one time when the market was doing well, I was doing great, then came the Internet crash, and I lost a number of investments (including E-Stamps at one time), but ultimately, I did ok. The last best investment I did was by WNI (Weider) at about $2 and sold it at $6.  But lately, everything is status quo so I have been dealing mostly in Growth & Income Funds, which are doing pretty well.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:53:49 AM »
As far as research goes, I can attest to Investors.com or Investors Business Daily Newspaper.  I have been to Bill Oneil's seminars and read his best selling investment books.  He has a proven philosophy on stocks.  Other places to do research are good, but the critical area's of a company's performance usally are not listed on the internet in a good readable form.  IBD does the calculations for you, and give's a proven guidline to follow for buying and selling stocks.
Most are all show no go!