Author Topic: damn black people (gay marriage ban)  (Read 801 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
damn black people (gay marriage ban)
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:54:38 PM »

"Exit polls for The Associated Press found that Proposition 8 received critical support from black voters who flocked to the polls to support Barack Obama for president. About seven in 10 blacks voted in favor of the ban, while Latinos also supported it and whites were split."

Blacks and Mormons - two of the most persecuted groups in American history - united to help advance this terrible amendment, a change in the constitution that will not in any way benefit any non-gay marriages or relationships.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: damn black people (gay marriage ban)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »
ironic but not the least bit surprising

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »
ironic but not the least bit surprising

That means I'm gonna have to spend more time talking to 'my people' next time around. 

Now that Obama is going to be President, maybe I can pick up his old community organizer gig.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »
That means I'm gonna have to spend more time talking to 'my people' next time around. 

The best way black gays can promote gay civil rights is to be out to their family and friends.  But we may need to help them find the closet door.  Let's start with hip-hop singers.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »

Now that Obama is going to be President, maybe I can pick up his old community organizer gig.

The Village people, LOL!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
"Exit polls for The Associated Press found that Proposition 8 received critical support from black voters who flocked to the polls to support Barack Obama for president. About seven in 10 blacks voted in favor of the ban, while Latinos also supported it and whites were split."

Blacks and Mormons - two of the most persecuted groups in American history - united to help advance this terrible amendment, a change in the constitution that will not in any way benefit any non-gay marriages or relationships.

Hoping to marry your boyfriend next year, Tre?  :-X
!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »

I guess he has to oppose Mormon activism. :)

Either that or he has something to share.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »

Shoulda done that shit Monday...I knew we were behind. lol 

JUST FUCKING KIDDING, PEOPLE.

No more date requests from you assholes...Goatboy! ha

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »
I guess he has to oppose Mormon activism. :)

Honest to god, my only problem with it is that they themselves don't recognize the 'groupthink' and more importantly, the vast majority - and we're talking tens of thousands of Mormons - would not have done jack if they had not been told to do so by their CEO in Salt Lake City. 

Instead of standing FOR something, they again took the easy way out and went with the majority (nationwide) opinion.  It was nothing but a big PR campaign, not for 'families', but for the LDS church nationally.

As usual, my ex-wife put her church ahead of this family (we have a bi-racial daughter).

So yeah, it's personal. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »
Honest to god, my only problem with it is that they themselves don't recognize the 'groupthink' and more importantly, the vast majority - and we're talking tens of thousands of Mormons - would not have done jack if they had not been told to do so by their CEO in Salt Lake City. 

Instead of standing FOR something, they again took the easy way out and went with the majority (nationwide) opinion.  It was nothing but a big PR campaign, not for 'families', but for the LDS church nationally.

As usual, my ex-wife put her church ahead of this family (we have a bi-racial daughter).

So yeah, it's personal. 

She's an ex again?!?!!