Author Topic: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.  (Read 42336 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2009, 01:20:53 PM »
Beach Bum - It's pretty reasonable to draw your conclusion on Dr Tiller.  However, i would urge you to nto be so hasty in saying he performed abortions for 'depression' etc.  You nor I have ZERO medical proof that this is the case.  You and I have ZERO understanding of each individual case.  These testimonials may have some truth to them, they may have some fabrication.  They may be a way of searching out blame for not having a child. 

Once again though the religious right, anti-abortion crew have jumped on something they don't understand.  That is the case by case basis with which Dr Tiller dealt with patients.  Some may have had a bad experience and from reading some tesitmonals that's probably the case.  Some however, are forever thankful for the services provided for a fetus that would surely die outside of the womb or other circumstances. 

Fact is though you are passing judgement with no facts.  You do not personally know each case and the reasons behind it.  You are generalizing that he terminated pregnancy for almost no cause or reason. 

Oh and it's abortion not killing.  It's not Illegal nor will it ever be in the United States of America.  Please save the 'tiller the killer' rhetoric for your terrorist meetings.  This is not one of those.   

that's pretty much all Bum ever does.  He either ignores facts, makes up his own facts or cites previously disproven information.   Mostly he just doesn't give a shit and plows ahead with whatever he believes, facts be damned.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »
Beach Bum - It's pretty reasonable to draw your conclusion on Dr Tiller.  However, i would urge you to nto be so hasty in saying he performed abortions for 'depression' etc.  You nor I have ZERO medical proof that this is the case.  You and I have ZERO understanding of each individual case.  These testimonials may have some truth to them, they may have some fabrication.  They may be a way of searching out blame for not having a child. 

Once again though the religious right, anti-abortion crew have jumped on something they don't understand.  That is the case by case basis with which Dr Tiller dealt with patients.  Some may have had a bad experience and from reading some tesitmonals that's probably the case.  Some however, are forever thankful for the services provided for a fetus that would surely die outside of the womb or other circumstances. 

Fact is though you are passing judgement with no facts.  You do not personally know each case and the reasons behind it.  You are generalizing that he terminated pregnancy for almost no cause or reason. 

Oh and it's abortion not killing.  It's not Illegal nor will it ever be in the United States of America.  Please save the 'tiller the killer' rhetoric for your terrorist meetings.  This is not one of those.   

I know enough to have an opinion about "Tiller the Baby Killer."  But thanks for participating.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
Gotcha - so when someone is acquitted on all charges you just choose to ignore it and keep believing whatever you want as long as it supports your preconceived notions.

Please show me some proof that Tiller performed an abortion because the woman stated she wanted to go to a rock concert.  

That smacks of the typical lie that the dumber people in your crowd fall for hook line and sinker

btw - there is no correlation btw. Tiller and OJ but kudo's to you continuing your habit of conflation

Not at all.  Just highlighting how an acquittal doesn't mean the person didn't commit a crime.  You have to actually look at the facts.  Sometimes juries get it wrong.  Like they did with OJ.  But that might be a little too complicated for you to understand.   :)

I just gave you the excerpt with the link.  Good website.   

"Conflation"?  LOL!!!!  Stop trying to sound smart.  lol . . . . .

lol . . . .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #378 on: June 04, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »
Not at all.  Just highlighting how an acquittal doesn't mean the person didn't commit a crime.  You have to actually look at the facts.  Sometimes juries get it wrong.  Like they did with OJ.  But that might be a little too complicated for you to understand.   :)

I just gave you the excerpt with the link.  Good website.   

"Conflation"?  LOL!!!!  Stop trying to sound smart.  lol . . . . .

lol . . . .

acquitted on all 19 counts - you should at least mention it rather than just mentioning the prosecution and nothing else.

glad I could help you learn a new word now maybe you'll stop using that lame tactic ( probably not eh?)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2009, 02:58:34 PM »
Sarcasm abound.....

Shall I call the Topic Police?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »
Sarcasm abound.....

Shall I call the Topic Police?

You ARE the Topic Police.  Hey I just said that.  Or was it deleted?  :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2009, 03:53:45 PM »
You ARE the Topic Police.  Hey I just said that.  Or was it deleted?  :D

Not me, I am the Advanced Warning Topic Police Proximity Alert Liaison    :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
Not me, I am the Advanced Warning Topic Police Proximity Alert Liaison    :D

lol.  Probably me doing too much multi-tasking and didn't hit the "Post" button.  Trying to get out of here before the Laker game starts . . . .  :)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2009, 04:33:23 PM »
topic police here!!! This thread is about a wacko that thinks his personal views/beliefs justify the murder of someone.stay on topic!
DAWG

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
Topic Police in da house!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »
DAWG

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »
The difference is FoxNews' audience all need to be medicated, while Olbermann's audience is more level headed.
::)

I liked some of his rants against bush but he is a total partisan and one sided, not objectionable at all and he won't bring anyone with an opposing viewpoint on his show.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »
As if we didn't already know it, there is truly something wrong in the brains of the rabid anti-abortion crowd.

The suspected murderer of Dr. Tiller said this in a phone interview with the AP:

"I haven't been convicted of anything, and I am being treated as a criminal,"
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-abortion-tiller5-2009jun05,0,4987789.story

now, realize this man has a history of mental illness but what's the explanation for an allegedly sane person such as Ann Coulter?

Here's Ann Coulters take on the murder of Dr. Tiller:

I wouldn't kill an abortionist myself, but I wouldn't want to impose my moral values on others. No one is for shooting abortionists. But how will criminalizing men making difficult, often tragic, decisions be an effective means of achieving the goal of reducing the shootings of abortionists?
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=32140

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #388 on: June 05, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
WTF??!!!
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:43 AM »
As if we didn't already know it, there is truly something wrong in the brains of the rabid anti-abortion crowd.

The suspected murderer of Dr. Tiller said this in a phone interview with the AP:

"I haven't been convicted of anything, and I am being treated as a criminal,"
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-abortion-tiller5-2009jun05,0,4987789.story

now, realize this man has a history of mental illness but what's the explanation for an allegedly sane person such as Ann Coulter?

Here's Ann Coulters take on the murder of Dr. Tiller:

I wouldn't kill an abortionist myself, but I wouldn't want to impose my moral values on others. No one is for shooting abortionists. But how will criminalizing men making difficult, often tragic, decisions be an effective means of achieving the goal of reducing the shootings of abortionists?

I'd like to know where she gets her numbers in that article from. (I actually "skimmed" the whole thing.) She's just arbitrarily spouting them off, when voter records seem to say she's wrong.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2009, 11:09:57 AM »
I'd like to know where she gets her numbers in that article from. (I actually "skimmed" the whole thing.) She's just arbitrarily spouting them off, when voter records seem to say she's wrong.

Out of her ass, ...the same place she gets all her other information.  ::)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2009, 11:20:11 AM »
She's pretty obnoxious, but this is a decent commentary.  "Tiller the Baby Killer" apparently got a lot of favors.  Money talks, especially in the political world.   

49 Million to Five
by  Ann Coulter

06/03/2009

In the wake of the shooting of late-term abortionist George Tiller, President Barack Obama sent out a welcome message that this nation would not tolerate attacks on pro-lifers or any other Americans because of their religion or beliefs.

Ha ha! Just kidding. That was the lead sentence -- with minor edits -- of a New York Times editorial warning about theoretical hate crimes against Muslims published eight months after 9/11. Can pro-lifers get a hate crimes bill passed and oceans of ink devoted to assuring Americans that "most pro-lifers are peaceful"?

For years, we've had to hear about the grave threat that Americans might overreact to a terrorist attack committed by 19 Muslims shouting "Allahu akbar" as they flew commercial jets into American skyscrapers. That would be the equivalent of 19 pro-lifers shouting "Abortion kills a beating heart!" as they gunned down thousands of innocent citizens in Wichita, Kan.

Why aren't liberals rushing to assure us this time that "most pro-lifers are peaceful"? Unlike Muslims, pro-lifers actually are peaceful.

According to recent polling, a majority of Americans oppose abortion -- which is consistent with liberals' hysterical refusal to allow us to vote on the subject. In a country with approximately 150 million pro-lifers, five abortionists have been killed since Roe v. Wade.

In that same 36 years, more than 49 million babies have been killed by abortionists. Let's recap that halftime score, sports fans: 49 million to five.

Meanwhile, fewer than 2 million Muslims live in America and, while Muslims are less murderous than abortionists, I'm fairly certain they've killed more than five people in the United States in the last 36 years. For some reason, the number "3,000" keeps popping into my head.

So in a country that is more than 50 percent pro-life -- and 80 percent opposed to the late-term abortions of the sort performed by Tiller -- only five abortionists have been killed. And in a country that is less than 0.5 percent Muslim, several dozen Muslims have killed thousands of Americans.

But the killing of about one abortionist per decade leads liberals to condemn the entire pro-life movement as "domestic terrorists." At least liberals have finally found some terrorists they'd like to send to Guantanamo.

Tiller bragged about performing 60,000 abortions, including abortions of viable babies, able to survive outside the mother's womb. He made millions of dollars performing late-term abortions so gruesome that only two other abortionists -- not a squeamish bunch -- in the entire country would perform them.

Kansas law allows late-term abortions only to save the mother's life or to prevent "irreversible physical damage" to the mother. But Tiller was more than happy to kill viable babies, provided the mothers: (1) forked over $5,000; and (2) mentioned "substantial and irreversible conditions," which, in Tiller's view, apparently included not being able to go to concerts or rodeos or being "temporarily depressed" on account of their pregnancies.

In return for blood money from Tiller's profitable abattoir, Democrats ran a political protection racket for the late-term abortionist.

In 1997, The Washington Post reported that Tiller attended one of Bill Clinton's White House coffees for major campaign contributors. In addition to a $25,000 donation to Clinton, Tiller wanted to thank him personally for 30 months of U.S. Marshals' protection paid for by the U.S. taxpayer.

Kansas Democrats who received hundreds of thousands of campaign dollars from Tiller repeatedly intervened to block any interference with Tiller's abortion mill.

Kathleen Sebelius, who was the governor of Kansas until Obama made her Health and Human Services Secretary, received hundreds of thousands of campaign dollars from Tiller. Sebelius vetoed one bill restricting late-term abortions and another one that would have required Tiller to turn over his records pertaining to "substantial and irreversible conditions" justifying his late-term abortions.

Kansas Attorney General Paul Morrison also got elected with the help of Tiller's blood money, replacing a Republican attorney general who was in the middle of an investigation of Tiller for various crimes including his failure to report statutory rapes, despite performing abortions on pregnant girls as young as 11.

But soon after Morrison replaced the Republican attorney general, the charges against Tiller were reduced and, in short order, he was acquitted of a few misdemeanors. In what is a not uncommon cost of doing business with Democrats, Morrison is now gone, having been forced to resign when his mistress charged him with sexual harassment and corruption.

Tiller was protected not only by a praetorian guard of elected Democrats, but also by the protective coloration of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America -- coincidentally, the same church belonged to by Tiller's fellow Wichita executioner, the BTK killer.

The official Web page of the ELCA instructs: "A developing life in the womb does not have an absolute right to be born." As long as we're deciding who does and doesn't have an "absolute right to be born," who's to say late-term abortionists have an "absolute right" to live?

Following the moral precepts of liberals, I believe the correct position is: If you don't believe in shooting abortionists, then don't shoot one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »
She's pretty obnoxious, but this is a decent commentary.  "Tiller the Baby Killer" apparently got a lot of favors.  Money talks, especially in the political world.   

49 Million to Five
by  Ann Coulter

Coulter is a sick twisted individual and I hope you're joking about this being a decent commentary but somehow I think you're serious

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2009, 11:44:02 AM »
Oh come on.  You know good and well I don't care what you think.   :)

I don't agree with any attempt to justify or minimize the murder of "Tiller the Baby Killer" and I think the guy who shot him should be prosecuted, convicted, and executed (assuming they have the death penalty in that state). 

But she makes good points about the influence of money on "Tiller the Baby Killer's" abortion practice.  What the governor did was shameful.  The fact money was likely the driving factor in legislation that directly affected him and the criminal charges that were pursued against him is shameful.  Money really corrupts the politcial process.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »
Oh come on.  You know good and well I don't care what you think.   :)

I don't agree with any attempt to justify or minimize the murder of "Tiller the Baby Killer" and I think the guy who shot him should be prosecuted, convicted, and executed (assuming they have the death penalty in that state). 

But she makes good points about the influence of money on "Tiller the Baby Killer's" abortion practice.  What the governor did was shameful.  The fact money was likely the driving factor in legislation that directly affected him and the criminal charges that were pursued against him is shameful.  Money really corrupts the politcial process.     

I'd be suprised if anyone cared what an anonymous person on a message board thought about them.  I'd also be suprises if even 25% of the stuff that Coulter has written is true.  For example, this sounds like complete horseshit but it's just the kind of stuff that pushes all the buttons of the anit-abortion moonbats and drives them into a frenzy:

Tiller bragged about performing 60,000 abortions....but Tiller was more than happy to kill viable babies, provided the mothers: (1) forked over $5,000; and (2) mentioned "substantial and irreversible conditions," which, in Tiller's view, apparently included not being able to go to concerts or rodeos or being "temporarily depressed" on account of their pregnancies.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »
I wonder if the Justice Department is doing a similar probe of the murder at the military recruiting station by a Muslim? 

Department of Justice Opens Federal Probe Into Kansas Abortion Doctor's Murder
Friday, June 05, 2009 
AP

The Justice Department launched a federal probe Friday into whether the killing of a Kansas abortion doctor was part of a larger plot involving multiple accomplices.

The investigation will consist of a thorough review of evidence linked to the murder of Dr. George Tiller and an assessment of any possible violations of federal statutes, the DOJ said in a press release issued Friday.

The department's civil rights division will probe possible federal crimes in connection with Tiller's slaying at his church last Sunday in Wichita.

Click here for photos.

Specifically, government lawyers will seek to determine if the killing violated a federal law passed in 1994 creating criminal penalties for violent or damaging conduct toward abortion providers and their patients. That law is known as the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act.

"The Department of Justice will work tirelessly to determine the full involvement of any and all actors in this horrible crime," said Loretta King, head of the department's civil rights division.

Anyone who played a role in the killing, she said, will be prosecuted "to the full extent of federal law."

Police have charged Scott Roeder, 51, with Tiller's death. After the killing, U.S. Marshals were sent to provide security to some abortion providers and clinics.

Tiller was a late-term abortion provider and had been the target of attempts on his life in the past.

Tiller's funeral is scheduled for Saturday, and U.S. Marshals spokesman Jeff Carter said federal deputies "are committed to ensuring every individual wishing to mourn Doctor Tiller's passing can do so in a safe and secure environment."

Roeder is charged with first-degree murder and is being held on $5 million bond at Sedgwick County Jail.

He called The Associated Press from the jail Thursday.

"I haven't been convicted of anything, and I am being treated as a criminal," Roeder said.

If convicted of the state murder charge, Roeder would face a mandatory life sentence and would not be eligible for parole for at least 25 years.

His preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 16, although it will likely be continued.

Tiller and his Wichita clinic have been a regular target of anti-abortion protests, including the 45-day "Summer of Mercy" event staged by Operation Rescue in 1991. His clinic was damaged by a pipe bomb in 1986, and a protester shot at him in 1993, wounding his arms.

Hundreds of people are expected at his funeral Saturday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525243,00.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »
Really?  Evangelicals are not against birth control to my knowledge.  The Roman Catholic church is, and they are not Evangelicals.

http://www.thepillkills.com/

Attn. all GETBIG ProLifers - don't forget that today is "THE PILL KILLS" DAY 

On Saturday, June 6, pro-lifers across the country will be participating in the largest protest ever against the birth control pill and other birth control products. Last year, participants across the United States shared the facts on exactly how the pill kills babies. This year, we will expose the sordid details surrounding the tragic effects these chemicals have on women. We will emphasize the truth about how the pill kills women.

Join American Life League and protest the pill. Help us unmask the truth and hopefully save lives. You can do this by having a presence outside of doctors’ offices, pharmacies, Planned Parenthood clinics and other family planning facilities, or even out on the sidewalk at a busy intersection. Wherever it is – help get the word out!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2009, 12:08:39 PM »
ha ha could you imagine what the population in the US would be without the birth control pill or abortion.Imagine the taxes from the cost of the state providing for all those unwanted babies.shhhiiiit.there would be adoption agency's threw out the country that resembled prison's filled to brim with kids.
DAWG

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »
ha ha could you imagine what the population in the US would be without the birth control pill or abortion.Imagine the taxes from the cost of the state providing for all those unwanted babies.shhhiiiit.there would be adoption agency's threw out the country that resembled prison's filled to brim with kids.

haven't you heard?

the pill makes the baby jesus cry

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #399 on: June 07, 2009, 04:38:45 PM »

Attn. all GETBIG ProLifers - don't forget that today is "THE PILL KILLS" DAY 

On Saturday, June 6, pro-lifers across the country will be participating in the largest protest ever against the birth control pill and other birth control products. Last year, participants across the United States shared the facts on exactly how the pill kills babies. This year, we will expose the sordid details surrounding the tragic effects these chemicals have on women. We will emphasize the truth about how the pill kills women.

Join American Life League and protest the pill. Help us unmask the truth and hopefully save lives. You can do this by having a presence outside of doctors’ offices, pharmacies, Planned Parenthood clinics and other family planning facilities, or even out on the sidewalk at a busy intersection. Wherever it is – help get the word out!

Are Evangelicals and the American Life League group the same thing?  Do you know what an Evangelical is?