Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ  (Read 600202 times)

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
  • youtube.com/channel/UCM3b-ovhSj2GjARYWYWwODQ
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ
« Reply #1650 on: October 29, 2020, 04:34:25 PM »
1980 backstage shots ;D

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1651 on: November 02, 2020, 03:32:50 AM »
 :D ;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1652 on: November 06, 2020, 03:17:43 AM »
:D ;D

Arnold owning Boyer there.  Arnold is untouchable in those poses.

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1653 on: November 08, 2020, 04:13:47 PM »
1980 backstage shots ;D

more backstage shots ;D

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1654 on: November 08, 2020, 08:13:14 PM »
1980 backstage shots ;D

more backstage shots ;D

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1655 on: November 09, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »
1980 backstage shots ;D

more backstage shots ;D

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #1656 on: November 10, 2020, 07:07:12 AM »
Unpopular opinion zane had odd structure he just knew how to pose

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #1657 on: November 10, 2020, 07:56:33 AM »
Unpopular opinion zane Arnold had odd structure he just knew how to pose

fuxed

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #1658 on: November 10, 2020, 08:47:34 AM »
I never got that swimmer meme. Comparing a multi Mr. Olympia winner to a swimmer. Compare Zane to the two greatest swimmers of all time. I just don't see it.

Zane has the structure of an amphibian

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1659 on: November 19, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »

[ FHD ]  Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 Mr Olympia  ;D

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1660 on: November 20, 2020, 09:56:13 PM »

[ 4K UHD ]  Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 Mr Olympia  ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1661 on: November 21, 2020, 08:49:53 AM »
Arnold at 80% was more than good enough to win the 1980 Olympia. If he came in 1975, 74, 73, etc he would have destroyed the competition with no controversy.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1662 on: November 21, 2020, 12:43:56 PM »
Arnold at 80% was more than good enough to win the 1980 Olympia. If he came in 1975, 74, 73, etc he would have destroyed the competition with no controversy.

Bill Pearl, presumably trying to make an argument that Arnold didn't deserve to win in 1980 commented that this victory implied that bbing hadn't progressed at all in the last five years since Arnold first retired in 1975. He was ironically correct in that assessment. As much as I am a fan of Mentzer and felt he should have won in 1980 nobody on that stage matched any version of Arnold when he was Mr. Olympia. He could have easily have kept winning up to 1983 and maybe even have beaten Haney as you never know what kind of progress he would have made during those years. He still would have been only 37 years old in 1983 which is still prime bbing years.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1663 on: November 21, 2020, 01:49:56 PM »
Bill Pearl, presumably trying to make an argument that Arnold didn't deserve to win in 1980 commented that this victory implied that bbing hadn't progressed at all in the last five years since Arnold first retired in 1975. He was ironically correct in that assessment. As much as I am a fan of Mentzer and felt he should have won in 1980 nobody on that stage matched any version of Arnold when he was Mr. Olympia. He could have easily have kept winning up to 1983 and maybe even have beaten Haney as you never know what kind of progress he would have made during those years. He still would have been only 37 years old in 1983 which is still prime bbing years.

As much as I like Bill Pearl I think he was just sticking up for Chris dicksuckersin.  And I too I'm a big fan of Mike Mentzer but as you said nobody could match Arnold.  Haney is a bloated midget next to Arnold and not only that he's fugly. Of course it's just my opinion but I tend to think in this case I am correct, brother.  Haney was gifted more than once in a stupid attempt by Weider to "humble" Arnold.

He failed.

To me everyone today is just over stuffed.They are way too heavy for their height.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1664 on: November 21, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »
As much as I like Bill Pearl I think he was just sticking up for Chris dicksuckersin.  And I too I'm a big fan of Mike Mentzer but as you said nobody could match Arnold.  Haney is a bloated midget next to Arnold and not only that he's fugly. Of course it's just my opinion but I tend to think in this case I am correct, brother.  Haney was gifted more than once in a stupid attempt by Weider to "humble" Arnold.

He failed.

To me everyone today is just over stuffed.They are way too heavy for their height.

This gets me every time. Lol.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1665 on: November 22, 2020, 02:03:21 AM »

He failed.

Lee Haney's height was 5'11.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1666 on: November 22, 2020, 07:20:52 AM »
Lee Haney's height was 5'11.

I know but next to the Oak, he's not even a sapling.  Louie was 3 inches taller than Arnold and still couldn't match him.  Haney is okay, but I don't think he is anywhere near prime Arnold.  Being a "midget" isn't just about being shorter in terms of height.  Compared to Arnie, he does indeed come up short in more ways than one.

And he's fugly.  Really fugly.  Zane and Nubret are vastly superior in looks and Steve Reeves makes Haney look even fuglier.  Like I said, I think Joe Weider was trying to belittle Arnold who had surpassed Weider as far as influence goes, by giving Haney 8 Olympia wins.  It didn't work.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1667 on: November 22, 2020, 10:37:10 AM »
I know but next to the Oak, he's not even a sapling.  Louie was 3 inches taller than Arnold and still couldn't match him.  Haney is okay, but I don't think he is anywhere near prime Arnold.  Being a "midget" isn't just about being shorter in terms of height.  Compared to Arnie, he does indeed come up short in more ways than one.

And he's fugly.  Really fugly.  Zane and Nubret are vastly superior in looks and Steve Reeves makes Haney look even fuglier.  Like I said, I think Joe Weider was trying to belittle Arnold who had surpassed Weider as far as influence goes, by giving Haney 8 Olympia wins.  It didn't work.

To be technically, Lee Haney was 5'11.5" and Arnold was 6'1.5" - so...two inches in height difference between them.

I thought the consensus would be that Lee Haney's best beats Arnold's best, but I guess I never really spent any time researching that question.  I do think that Lee had a level of size ahead of Arnold - I think Lee was both two inches shorter, and 10-lb heavier, which would make for a noteworthy bit of added muscle.  And it's not like Lee was known for his waist being large or anything like that.  I am certain that Arnold - in his best shape - would have been competitive well into the 1980's...but towards the end of Lee's tenure, I'm less certain of.

I don't know, Scott...I'd give that one to Lee Haney myself.  It would depend on the year though.  Arnold's best could have beaten Lee's best in Lee's earlier wins, but I'm less certain about his later ones.

I agree with you about their looks.  ;D

That's an interesting theory about Arnold's influence surpassing that of Joe Weider.  I hadn't thought of that.  Someone said that Arnold purposely didn't make the Arnold Classic prize money more than the Mr. Olympia, out of respect for Joe Weider.  I have no idea if that is actually true or not, though.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1668 on: November 22, 2020, 02:36:47 PM »
To be technically, Lee Haney was 5'11.5" and Arnold was 6'1.5" - so...two inches in height difference between them.

I thought the consensus would be that Lee Haney's best beats Arnold's best, but I guess I never really spent any time researching that question.  I do think that Lee had a level of size ahead of Arnold - I think Lee was both two inches shorter, and 10-lb heavier, which would make for a noteworthy bit of added muscle.  And it's not like Lee was known for his waist being large or anything like that.  I am certain that Arnold - in his best shape - would have been competitive well into the 1980's...but towards the end of Lee's tenure, I'm less certain of.

I don't know, Scott...I'd give that one to Lee Haney myself.  It would depend on the year though.  Arnold's best could have beaten Lee's best in Lee's earlier wins, but I'm less certain about his later ones.

I agree with you about their looks.  ;D

That's an interesting theory about Arnold's influence surpassing that of Joe Weider.  I hadn't thought of that.  Someone said that Arnold purposely didn't make the Arnold Classic prize money more than the Mr. Olympia, out of respect for Joe Weider.  I have no idea if that is actually true or not, though.

I used to train alongside a couple of Weider's relatives and they would occasionally tell me some things about him .  Weider's ego was easily bruised and Arnold being Arnold, was getting bigger than Weider.  What better way to belittle the Oak than to have someone exceed his Olympia victories?  It didn't really work.

Arnold responded by making more money and increasing his popularity and following. Of late all he can do is make a bigger ass of himself.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1669 on: November 22, 2020, 02:40:36 PM »
Amazing

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1670 on: November 23, 2020, 02:42:56 AM »

looked pretty good to me

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1671 on: December 07, 2020, 03:28:05 AM »
 ;)

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1672 on: December 07, 2020, 08:36:43 PM »

[ 4K UHD ]  Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 Mr Olympia Part 1  ;D

[ 4K UHD ]  Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 Mr Olympia Part 2  ;D

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1673 on: December 08, 2020, 03:48:39 AM »
 ;D

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #1674 on: December 08, 2020, 05:46:49 AM »
I used to train alongside a couple of Weider's relatives and they would occasionally tell me some things about him .  Weider's ego was easily bruised and Arnold being Arnold, was getting bigger than Weider.  What better way to belittle the Oak than to have someone exceed his Olympia victories?  It didn't really work.

Arnold responded by making more money and increasing his popularity and following. Of late all he can do is make a bigger ass of himself.

Arnold was 5’10-5’11. He was not taller than me, if you ever stood next to him...