Author Topic: GHB for sleep  (Read 3816 times)

equipoise

• Getbig III
GHB for sleep
« on: August 18, 2016, 06:12:40 AM »
GHB, the date rape drug, i heard was used by many bodybuilders for sleep due to trensomnia :D. I have occasional insomnia and while I can deal with it mostly, once in a while I do wish I had something to knock me out. Benzos do the trick but they have a lot of long term sides so I try to minimise their use as much as possible. Would GHB be a safe option?

Juiced

• Getbig II
Re: GHB for sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:42:44 AM »
I doubt it. I used etizolam and is a great benzo and very cheap. Now I use ambien and it works perfektly but I only use it rarely.

I heard you cant have dreams with medication which should be bad for mental health. + I love my trendreams

Dpone555

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
Take it from me, GHB is something you want to stay away from. Very easy to get into the habit of 24/7 dosing and is extremely addictive, withdrawals suck, dont do it! Take ambien like he said or melatonin or deal with it!

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 04:09:28 PM »
It's some pretty fun stuff and gives you amazing sleep... which leads me to believe that it could probably be addicting.

Never used a lot, so I never felt withdrawal or anything. But I'd imagine it carries about the same risk or more when compared to other sleep aids. All in all they're pretty nasty. Really good sleep hygiene is your best bet, and then use as mild of a sleep aid as you can (cycle between melatonin and other sleep aids if you need).

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »
I took GHB a few times for sleep years ago when you used to be able to buy it online legally.

I have no idea how people use it to get high or party.

I took it, 10 mins later I felt dizzy & fell asleep.

I'd always wake up feeling so refreshed. More so than 8hrs of regular sleep.

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 11:42:03 PM »
I took GHB a few times for sleep years ago when you used to be able to buy it online legally.

I have no idea how people use it to get high or party.

I took it, 10 mins later I felt dizzy & fell asleep.

I'd always wake up feeling so refreshed. More so than 8hrs of regular sleep.

Try a lower dose and you'll see what the excitement is about. Really feels good after taking some MDMA and let's you sleep.

MDMA + dancing all night, capped off with GHB and tons of sex = waking up shredded. Only tried it a few times here and there. First time I ended up at a DJs apartment doing titty bumps in the living room and eventually some GHB. Nodded off for 30 minutes and felt better than I've ever felt. Slept for a few hours and felt fantastic. Almost too good to be true.

No interest in using it recreationally, but wouldn't mind a little bit for those shitty nights or long ass days.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 11:50:06 PM »
Try a lower dose and you'll see what the excitement is about. Really feels good after taking some MDMA and let's you sleep.

MDMA + dancing all night, capped off with GHB and tons of sex = waking up shredded. Only tried it a few times here and there. First time I ended up at a DJs apartment doing titty bumps in the living room and eventually some GHB. Nodded off for 30 minutes and felt better than I've ever felt. Slept for a few hours and felt fantastic. Almost too good to be true.

No interest in using it recreationally, but wouldn't mind a little bit for those shitty nights or long ass days.

To this day, the best & most refreshing sleep I ever had was on GHB.

I can't believe it was cheap & legal at one time. Even vitamin stores sold it.

I think I paid $30 for a bottle that lasted ages.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »
For some, GHB/GBL is the most euphoric substance on earth…. bliss in a bottle - super addictive, horrid, dangerous withdrawal. Use sporadically or avoid.

Make weed work as a sleep aid if possible… its the only effective, safe option. 

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »
Took some in the winter at a party one time. Nodded off in my car with the heat blasting. No idea how long, but woke up very warm. Think the car was in gear with my foot on the brake the whole time, if I recall correctly.
Left for home and remember driving across a bridge was like threading a needle. Got almost home and had to pull over and puke. Made it home somehow.
Still would recommend.

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »
Good for many purposes in my opinion; replacing alcohol, amazingly horny sex, dancing etc. But for sleep it's just horrid due to the dopamine rebound effect. When it wears of (around three hours) youll be wide awake.

The medical form which is used for insomnia is called Xyrem. And even with that they advice to take one hit to knock you out and straight take the next one when you wake up ;D

Long acting benzo's are better for a good nights rest. But terribly addictive due to long half life. Youll be hooked before you know it.

Ghb you pretty much have to keep upping the dosage in its small half life time in order to become physically addicted.

For the occasional knockout id say Benadryl or Phenergan are good. They dont make you addicted but the effect wears off after some time.

triggerhappy

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
Personally dont find it addictive in the slightest. If i have to much i chuck my guts up if i have the right amount i will fuck any woman and that fkn dangerous. If you have a hot woman with you sleep is the last thing you will do

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 11:09:59 PM »
Man, I totally missed the party/feel good part.

I bought it from a legit store for sleep & 1 table spoon & I was fast asleep in 10mins no matter where i was.

I wish it was still available for sleep. I take Dr prescribed sleeping pills when I have insomnia & always wake up groggy due to the 1/2 life.

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 03:48:47 AM »
You guys may like phenibut. It mostly targets GABA B, but in higher doses it hits GABA A and you feel quite relaxed.

I haven't used it specifically for sleep, but I do sleep great on it. Take it before going out as it's a huge anxiolytic and great for going on dates. Really lowers your inhibitions and kind of feels like being buzzed without the stupor. I don't like any sleep aids or supplements that are anticholinergic or really damaging, but phenibut is great stuff. You can get drunk with less than half the booze too, so you save money and your health if you're going out too.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 04:15:35 AM »
You guys may like phenibut. It mostly targets GABA B, but in higher doses it hits GABA A and you feel quite relaxed.

I haven't used it specifically for sleep, but I do sleep great on it. Take it before going out as it's a huge anxiolytic and great for going on dates. Really lowers your inhibitions and kind of feels like being buzzed without the stupor. I don't like any sleep aids or supplements that are anticholinergic or really damaging, but phenibut is great stuff. You can get drunk with less than half the booze too, so you save money and your health if you're going out too.

I take it once or twice a month. Sex is absolutely amazing on it. You feel really good untIi the crash. The crash feels toxic and nasty and I typically feel shitty for a day or two. I've also experimented with etizolam. It's like a legal Xanax but again I feel it for a day or two after. I have super vivid dreams for a few days after. You block your Rem sleep when you use these compounds so it feels like your body is trying to catch up.

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 05:15:10 AM »

i've heard phenibut is quite addictive. A bit troublesome to get it to me also. I've been using bacopa for a while and while it's not a major anxiolytic, it does have a noticeable effect on making me calmer (and less likely to get angry also)

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 12:43:34 PM »
I take it once or twice a month. Sex is absolutely amazing on it. You feel really good untIi the crash. The crash feels toxic and nasty and I typically feel shitty for a day or two. I've also experimented with etizolam. It's like a legal Xanax but again I feel it for a day or two after. I have super vivid dreams for a few days after. You block your Rem sleep when you use these compounds so it feels like your body is trying to catch up.

This is very recognisable, took ativan just for sleeping for almost a year (with occasional breaks). First 5-6 nights i'd have the nastiest vivid dreams like you describe. Lsd horror trippy shit (even though ive never did lsd but as seen in movies etc), guess you indeed try to catch up the surpressed REM sleep.

Makes you wonder what happens if you just block REM sleep for life? Will you eventually die or lose memory function? The f will happen?

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 03:59:07 PM »

Sex IS amazing on it. That's why I like taking it before going out. You can drink less and still feel got, not go home with whiskey dick, and because of the uninhibited state you just seem to enjoy it way more. Sorry to hear you get a crash though. I never even heard about this until I started reading about it online. I was blissfully unaware and thankfully get no such thing... I wonder if yourself and others are maybe choline deficient? I always keep my levels up (I know I'm hitting the ceiling when I get a headache), so I THINK I may be staving the crash because of that. But if I'm wrong, I wouldn't have any other theory on it... just dumb luck lol

i've heard phenibut is quite addictive. A bit troublesome to get it to me also. I've been using bacopa for a while and while it's not a major anxiolytic, it does have a noticeable effect on making me calmer (and less likely to get angry also)

I wrote that off thinking it was just a fluffy, shitty herbal extract that supplement companies were hyping up hardcore. How wrong I was.... my girl has some she wasn't using and I just started taking it. It's light (no where near phenibut), but VERY appreciable for a dinky little herb. Glad you discovered it. I'm also glad I discovered it too!

Hollyweird

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 12:05:06 PM »
It is a great tool for sleep.
Easy to convert from GBL - never use GBL for sleep it is not designed to knock you into REM for a long enough period - about 1.5 hours on average but GHB itself is amazing for a decent sleep.

I use it quite frequently if doing a lot of training.

Withdrawal and tolerance buildup is worth watching and have had the heart palpitations and horrors from overuse in the past so definitely something to be careful of.