Author Topic: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls  (Read 31739 times)

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
Re: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »
E-kul,  why do you think these "highly qualified" "surgeons, academics, and medical professionals" didn't address Ms. Delise as you have just now in their letter?  Do you to think their reply was pathetic?

Rather than rebutting Ms. Delise's letter here on a bodybuilding forum I would suggest that you submit it to the peer reviewed journal the good surgeons and Ms. Delise did.  

Why have you not done this?   You have stated that this is what you do, right?

You say:

....I spend my spare time advocating and lobbying for serious legislation regarding dangerous dogs.

Yet it seems to all of us that you spend your spare time here, on getbig, typing wall after wall of text, arguing over grammar and name calling everyone.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2013, 11:20:37 PM »
E-kul,  why do you think these "highly qualified" "surgeons, academics, and medical professionals" didn't address Ms. Delise as you have just now in their letter?  Do you to think their reply was pathetic?

Rather than rebutting Ms. Delise's letter here on a bodybuilding forum I would suggest that you submit it to the peer reviewed journal the good surgeons and Ms. Delise did.  

Why have you not done this?   You have stated that this is what you do, right?

You say:

Yet it seems to all of us you spend your spare time here on get big typing wall after wall of text, arguing over grammar and name calling.

The fact they don't respond is an indication of how little credibility they give Karen.  Why would they even bother giving Karen any credit, her bias and false claims are obvious for anyone who even investigates.  If they thought Karen had even the remotest of chances of discrediting there study, they would be all over it.  But as it stands, any layman can see right through it.  And you are right, I could send a letter and rebutt hers, but for now I don't for two reasons, for one I live in Australia and two, I also think her rebuttal isn't even worth crediting by acknowledging it.  Also I must add, other professionals have already rebutted her in Court, people like Dr Alan beck, whose deposition I posted a link to earlier.  Dr Alan Beck has been instrumental in countering Karen's arguments and securing the BSL in the state of Denver.

You can read Dr Alan Becks deposition here: http://legal.pblnn.com/images/Denverpleadings/alanbeckdepo.pdf

I did recently write a letter to a University here in Australia, rebutting a PhD candidate by the name of Ms Linda Watson who is currently researching a PhD on Dog Bite Injuries.  Linda likes to do the occasional media report offering up her credentials for everyone to marvel over while claiming how wonderful pitbulls are.  When PhD candidates put their name to an article, the University requires that they agree to a DISCLOSURE STATEMENT clarifying the following, in this case, Linda Watson agreed that she "does not work for, consult to, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organisation that would benefit from this article, and has no relevant affiliations.". But as it turned out Linda Watson is/was the PRESIDENT of Endangered Dog Breeds Association of Australia that openly promotes a Pitbull agenda.  When I pointed this conflict of Interest out to the University, they responded very quickly and are taking the matter very seriously.  I haven't yet followed up on the matter, but this type of deception is not appreciated by Universities.  They have expressed such concern over the matter, they have politely asked me for now, to keep the matter to myself.
V

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2013, 12:08:10 AM »
The fact they don't respond is an indication of how little credibility they give Karen.  Why would they even bother giving Karen any credit, her bias and false claims are obvious for anyone who even investigates.  If they thought Karen had even the remotest of chances of discrediting there study, they would be all over it.  But as it stands, any layman can see right through it.  

But they DID reply to her letter and it was published in the same journal.  I'm quite surprised you did not know this. 

In their reply, there is not one mention of her "bias" OR "false claims".  In fact they state that Ms. Delise "correctly points out that there are significant discrepancies regarding what constitutes a "pit bull" among violent dog breeds."

They then go off on some tangential subjects not mentioned in Ms. Delise's letter.  Their reply to Ms. Delise was hardly "all over it", as you say.

Knowing this, it seems as though you just fabricated your first paragraph to suit your need. 

And you are right, I could send a letter and rebutt hers, but for now I don't for two reasons, for one I live in Australia and two, I also think her rebuttal isn't even worth crediting by acknowledging it.  Also I must add, other professionals have already rebutted her in Court, people like Dr Alan beck, whose deposition I posted a link to earlier.  Dr Alan Beck has been instrumental in countering Karen's arguments and securing the BSL in the state of Denver.

You can read Dr Alan Becks deposition here: http://legal.pblnn.com/images/Denverpleadings/alanbeckdepo.pdf

Thank you, I will read that link when time permits.  I assure you.

I did recently write a letter to a University here in Australia, rebutting a PhD candidate by the name of Ms Linda Watson who is currently researching a PhD on Dog Bite Injuries.  Linda likes to do the occasional media report offering up her credentials for everyone to marvel over while claiming how wonderful pitbulls are.  When PhD candidates put their name to an article, the University requires that they agree to a DISCLOSURE STATEMENT clarifying the following, in this case, Linda Watson agreed that she "does not work for, consult to, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organisation that would benefit from this article, and has no relevant affiliations.". But as it turned out Linda Watson is/was the PRESIDENT of Endangered Dog Breeds Association of Australia that openly promotes a Pitbull agenda.  When I pointed this conflict of Interest out to the University, they responded very quickly and are taking the matter very seriously.  I haven't yet followed up on the matter, but this type of deception is not appreciated by Universities.  They have expressed such concern over the matter, they have politely asked me for now, to keep the matter to myself.

Care to share this letter with us? 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2013, 12:17:13 AM »
But they DID reply to her letter and it was published in the same journal.  I'm quite surprised you did not know this.  

In their reply, there is not one mention of her "bias" OR "false claims".  In fact they state that Ms. Delise "correctly points out that there are significant discrepancies regarding what constitutes a "pit bull" among violent dog breeds."

They then go off on some tangential subjects not mentioned in Ms. Delise's letter.  Their reply to Ms. Delise was hardly "all over it", as you say.

Knowing this, it seems as though you just fabricated your first paragraph to suit your need.  

Thank you, I will read that link when time permits.  I assure you.

Care to share this letter with us?  
DR Alan Becks deposition is a good read.  I have read the entire document.  It is quite long and tedious at times.  The lawyer arguing against BSL is very good, the lawyer is very clever and asks very tricky questions.  As a Pitbull Supporter you would probably be able to use the anti BSL lawyers arguments with good effect on those not well versed on the topic.  You must keep in mind, I am just someone who has survived a serious Pitbull attack and has researched the topic thoroughly so that I can argue for more effective legislation regarding dangerous animals being kept as pets.  I don't consider myself an expert, just someone who simply doesn't wish to experience such a thing again, nor do I want other people too.  If I can minimise or even prevent other people experiencing what I did, it will be worth it.

Regarding the Universities letter,  I will go through my files and try and find it, it needs to be scanned and converted to a PDF document.  I will eventually get around to this for you.  
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2013, 12:24:42 AM »
But they DID reply to her letter and it was published in the same journal.  I'm quite surprised you did not know this.  

In their reply, there is not one mention of her "bias" OR "false claims".  In fact they state that Ms. Delise "correctly points out that there are significant discrepancies regarding what constitutes a "pit bull" among violent dog breeds."

They then go off on some tangential subjects not mentioned in Ms. Delise's letter.  Their reply to Ms. Delise was hardly "all over it", as you say.

I did not know they had responded to her rebuttal, do you care to share it.  Like I said, I pay little attention to people like Karen Delise, the Pitbull advocates arguments are tedious and repetitive, and no matter how many times they get discredited, they still use the same arguments.  I actually find a lot of their arguments offensive and borderline sociopathic.  Karen is notorious for blaming victims, and has said quite openly that she doesn't fear the so called tabboo of doing so.  Karen once even blamed the weather for a spate of serious pitbull Attacks, this is how far she will go to avoid ever blaming a Pitbull.  

I honestly view serious pitbull Nutters in the same way I do paedophiles who argue against age of consent laws so they can molest children.  I offer this analogy to give you a frame of reference, as I am sure you feel the same way about paedophilia as most people.  So with that in mind, you will understand why I don't give much attention to people like Karen, it's because I find them and their cause perverse and their arguments so overtly self serving and harmful to others, it is enough to make any community minded and decent person feel physically ill.
V

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2013, 10:53:45 AM »
Nobody is twisting your words dickhead.  You live in another country and you are challenging people to throw hands/  Are you 12 years old.  And thanks for not forcing me to meet you, luke you have the ability to do that.  I ikagine you have trouble forcing your cock to go hard.
I will add that to your list of zero arguments put forward in this thread.  I didn't find that stuff on the Internet, they are created by me.  I don't know if you realise, but I spend my spare time advocating and lobbying for serious legislation regarding dangerous dogs.  Like I said, I deal  with Pit Nutters on a daily basis, I have seen and heard it all.  I have received more death threats from Pitbull Nutters than I can count.  And do you think you are the first tough guy to threaten me, I find your threats laughable but not surprising considering you have ZERO argument. I will add that to the long list of threats I have received.  After tangling with a couple of real life Pitbulls, I find the weaklings attracted to them about as intimidating as a class of kindergarten children.

Yes you did. You stated that I threatened you and after I corrected you proceeded to ignore my correction of your lie/fabrication and insult me. Funny you are the one who is usually bragging about getting into fights and or punishing bullies yet here you dismiss your own behavior as childish ( "are you 12 years old" ).

Nobody is twisting your words dickhead.  You live in another country and you are challenging people to throw hands/  Are you 12 years old.  And thanks for not forcing me to meet you, luke you have the ability to do that.  I ikagine you have trouble forcing your cock to go hard.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2013, 11:21:52 AM »
Yes you did. You stated that I threatened you and after I corrected you proceeded to ignore my correction of your lie/fabrication and insult me. Funny you are the one who is usually bragging about getting into fights and or punishing bullies yet here you dismiss your own behavior as childish ( "are you 12 years old" ).

You must have me mistaken for someone else, I have never bragged about getting into fights.  I am a PACIFIST, but I don't believe in being some Morons doormat, and if put into a corner I am prepared to fight.  And you do realise telling someone you want to fight them given the opportunity is a THREAT.   It is a communicated intent to inflict harm or loss on another person.  It comes as no surprise to me that you are attracted to PITBULLS.
V

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2013, 06:23:50 AM »
I've been around pitbulls my whole life. They are great great dogs, especially with children, with outstanding temperaments, the name "nanny dog" is very fitting.