Author Topic: Why is Britain the most violent country in the EU?  (Read 28513 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Why is Britain the most violent country in the EU?
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »
Yes, luckily for me I have left. I consider myself very fortunate.

Good to know that you're secure and left the shithole.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 06:37:30 AM »

Really?
Didn't know this, must admit that.

Only thing I found quick was this map which claims to show countries with highest reported "crime rates" and indeed it puts UK in 2nd (not specifying the crimes though)

That chart doesn't seem to be adjusted for population. The US is 5 times larger than Britain in population. 300,000,000 vs 60,000,000.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 06:43:50 AM »
Yobs, chavs and wide boys.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 06:47:12 AM »
you can be damn sure that it ain't the WASP's doing this shit

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »

wikip gives for example following murder-rates:

USA 4.8
Denmark 0.9
Finland 2.2     (shameful figure but warrior-blood from Volga still sits in us somewhat)
Norway 0.6
Sweden 1.0
UK 1.2
Greece 1.5
Italy 0.9
Portugal 1.2
Spain 0.8
Germany 0.8
Netherlands 1.1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#By_country

You can see that US is on whole different planet.
Of course these are murder rates but I recall other crimes follow pretty much the same statistics.

Our murder rate is high due to black on black violence, with in turn is usually tied to the gang and drug trade. Our country publishes the FBI UCR where you can look at crime trends - Among Whites, it's in the low 2's. Among Latins, it's just a tad higher. Among Blacks it's always in the low to mid 6's. Sad but true.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:36 AM »
I once saw around 10 black 18-20 year olds standing at the bottom of our road, I walked over and said "What are you doing" they said "practicing for the olympics". I went back to my house and reassured my wife that she had nothing to fear from these athletes.

That's right Cyp, and the occasional gunshots you hear at night are those jocks starting their practice races. Nothing to worry about.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 07:10:43 AM »
shitty weather

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 07:26:54 AM »
shitty weather

Ha! Come for the weather. Stay for the food.        ;D

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »
It absolutely boggles my mind.  I can't imagine a society where you're at the mercy of criminals.  It's insanity

come to canada where criminals have more rights than the obedient lol

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 07:34:07 AM »
lots of brown and black skinned people.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 07:52:21 AM »
yeah i hear that often, its the gangangers.

but that doesnt make them go away.

in brazil most shootings,too, are done by criminals, no shit, eh.

blacks and gang culture are result from american history, its part of the society.

I'm just pointing it out because foreigners try to make it out like the US is some spectacularly violent country when a huge percentage of all the violent crime is limited to a small segment of society, which on average will never cross into "regular" society. Does it suck for the normal people that are stuck in those areas? Sure, but that is a societal problem confined to those areas, until they embrace the fact that they are fucking it up for themselves and others, nothing will happen.

All the increased policing, gun control, community centers, etc.... will do little to correct that.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »
I posted this eons ago to shut up Raymondo

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 11:27:37 AM »
You can look at the most recent data here, under Assaults, the UK has a far higher rate of violent crime than the US, even if you exclude Ireland, Scotland and Whales.

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime.html

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 11:32:58 AM »
I posted this eons ago to shut up Raymondo

There is NO way South Africa is THIRD on that list.

No-one really bothers to REPORT crimes and violence to the police as it is a waste of time.

On the other hand, in the UK they will report every single small nuisance and totally bombard the police with 'reports'.

Some countries also do even bother to properly file or keep records such as the third one on that list which is one ofa the most dangerous country outside of a war-zone.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
"The comparison of violent crime statistics between countries is usually problematic, due to the way different countries classify crime.[2] Valid comparisons require that similar offences between jurisdictions be compared. Often this is not possible because crime statistics aggregate equivalent offences in such different ways that make it difficult or impossible to obtain a valid comparison."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_crime

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »
not entirely accurate

jimmy savile accounted for 45.5% of all those rapes

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 11:43:52 AM »
There is NO way South Africa is THIRD on that list.

No-one really bothers to REPORT crimes and violence to the police as it is a waste of time.

On the other hand, in the UK they will report every single small nuisance and totally bombard the police with 'reports'.

Some countries also do even bother to properly file or keep records such as the third one on that list which is one ofa the most dangerous country outside of a war-zone.

Well, if you have something to show us that would change our minds, I'd be open to it, but for now... I'm going with that list.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »
not entirely accurate

jimmy savile accounted for 45.5% of all those rapes

:-X

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
"The presentation of large amounts of reported crime data in the same format, as is the case with the various country results reported on this web site, raises questions about the possibility of comparing reported crime levels in different countries. In fact, experts generally regard cross-country comparisons of crime statistics as being characterized by methodological difficulties for the following three reasons:

Different definitions for specific crime types in different countries: The category in which any incident of victimization is recorded relies on the legal definition of crime in any country. Should that definition be different, and indeed this is often the case, comparisons will not in fact be made of exactly the same crime type. This is particularly the case in crimes that require some discretion from a police officer or relevant authority when they are identified. For example, the definitional difference between serious or common assault in different legal jurisdictions may be different, and this will be reflected in the total number of incidents recorded.

Different levels of reporting and traditions of policing: Different societies across the globe have been shown to have different levels of reporting of criminal incidents. This relates closely to levels of development in any society, most clearly reflected in accessibility to the police. Thus factors such as the number of police stations or telephones in any society impact upon reporting levels. The level of insurance coverage in any community is also a key indicator of the likelihood of citizens approaching the police as their claim for compensation may require such notification. In addition, in societies where the police are or have been mistrusted by the population, most specifically during periods of authoritarian rule, reporting levels are likely to be lower than in cases where the police are regarded as important members of the community.

Different social, economic and political contexts: Comparing crime data from societies that are fundamentally different may ignore key issues present in the society that impact upon levels of reporting. For example, different social norms in some societies may make it almost impossible for women to report cases of rape or sexual abuse, while in others, women are encouraged to come forward.

These factors, while alerting the reader to the potential pitfalls of comparisons, apply more to some crimes than others. In selected cases, most notably homicide, country to country comparisons are safer, although may still be subject to the drawbacks outlined above. In the case of some categories of violent crime - such as rape or assault - country to country comparisons may simply be unreliable and misleading.

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/Compiling-and-comparing-International-Crime-Statistics.html

Murder rate figs are safest and most reliable way to compare how violent different countries are.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 12:48:35 PM »
Well, if you have something to show us that would change our minds, I'd be open to it, but for now... I'm going with that list.

I'm not even going to bother.

I've lived in both countries.....as I said, the UK is a PARADISE in comparison in terms of safety.

Being able to walk in the streets at night and just walk in the streets in general is like a dream come true!!!

You people have no idea how lucky you are and how much you take for granted!

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
Pakis and the like
you are part of the problem Mr.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »
how can south africa be that low. its a shithole and im betting that same number on there is the amount of crime not reported. 250 cops are killed there alone every year for fuck sakes.

MikMaq

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »
Lol some fucking stupid folk in this thread, as I'm sure I said about a month ago, those brit stats are based on reported crimes, and the way their grouped.

You guys are the definition of fucking stupid, your actually putting effort into these posts while, being so fucking oblivious to the obvious. If you seriously think violent crime is anywhere, possible, ever, approaching the issues in SA, you must be living in the 13 th century or some shit because your beyond retarded.

Guns escalate violence it's a fucking fact, well established one.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 01:37:53 PM »
Because most of their women are goddamn ugly

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »
Because most of their women are goddamn ugly

I report an assault any time one of those horse faced c*nts look in my direction.