Author Topic: How can Shawn believe that Phillip Heath will get the bronze in October?  (Read 2589 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Phil looks great. Genetic specimen. Awesome shape. Full muscle bellies. Good conditioning. Great attitude.

But I dont know how he could (this year) beat Dexter, Gustavo, Martinez, James, Cormier, or an in shape Markus Ruhl.

If Darrem made Phil Heath look a bit small and cant imagine what Phil will look like standing next to Ronnie, Jay, or Gunter.

So Im predicting that a 9th or 10th placement will be more likely for the rookie.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
He's trying to spur the guy on, I don't think he's really suggesting that its necessarily going to transpire.

Plus big talking by people in the industry helps to build his reputation.  Shawn is doing him a favour by speaking so favourably about him and no mistake.

I tend to agree that Heath is just a tad bit too narrow to best some of the other guys.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
It's like a newborn baby.. Everybody is all, "ahhhhh woohoo"  Then after a few months nobody cares about the kid..

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Basically he did the same thing for Richard Jones, maybe different comments but he got his name out there.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
It may be just a little naïve to think Heath is going to continue his winning streak at the Olympia in September (or October, whenever) BUT what's no joke is, he is the most gifted and exciting guy to turn pro in quite a while and there's nothing wrong with him generating a little "buzz."  Goodness knows pro BB'ing could use a shot in the arm right now.

Phil's win at the CO Pro was a VERY positive move for pro bodybuilding, that's for sure.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Shawn has always lived in his own reality, hasn't he?  ;)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
It may be just a little naïve to think Heath is going to continue his winning streak at the Olympia in September (or October, whenever) BUT what's no joke is, he is the most gifted and exciting guy to turn pro in quite a while and there's nothing wrong with him generating a little "buzz."  Goodness knows pro BB'ing could use a shot in the arm right now.

Phil's win at the CO Pro was a VERY positive move for pro bodybuilding, that's for sure.

Hold on!  Richard Jones physique which is smaller was suppose to be a move in the right direction for bbing.  Phil isnt much different from Kevin... given he can add the xtra muscle over the yrs.  The plugs from Shawn will only help.
Oh...Monica!

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Nothing against either Shawn or Phil, but i get the impression Shawns tryna elevate the class of his show in the fans minds by predicting that the winner would get 3rd at the Olympia (eg. So the fans cant call it a '2nd tier' show).

Rowtogrow

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I think it's justified.  Phil is not like Richard Jones and is already bigger and in better shape the Jones in his pro career.  I also think Phil will have the kind of impact that Flex had when he burst on the seen.  Phil has what most don't have, incredible support behind him from family, friends, and people in the industry.

I don't know about top 3 for Phil at the O, but I definately can see him top 5.  He's already beat Darrem and could beat anyone other then Dex, Jay, and Ronnie.  I do not think he'd have a problem standing next to anyone else on pro BBing

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
He's trying to spur the guy on, I don't think he's really suggesting that its necessarily going to transpire.

Plus big talking by people in the industry helps to build his reputation.  Shawn is doing him a favour by speaking so favourably about him and no mistake.

I tend to agree that Heath is just a tad bit too narrow to best some of the other guys.

I think top 6 at the O is very possible based on his physique however. Nobody is perfect and Heath just looks GREAT when he poses .
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

divcom

• Getbig V
I think it's justified.  Phil is not like Richard Jones and is already bigger and in better shape the Jones in his pro career.  I also think Phil will have the kind of impact that Flex had when he burst on the seen.  Phil has what most don't have, incredible support behind him from family, friends, and people in the industry.

I don't know about top 3 for Phil at the O, but I definately can see him top 5.  He's already beat Darrem and could beat anyone other then Dex, Jay, and Ronnie.  I do not think he'd have a problem standing next to anyone else on pro BBing

He'll have a problem with Cormier in shape.  He'll have problem with Dennis if he is dials in.  Martinez would give him problems.  Ruhl is up in the air.  That being said... he did well for his first pro show.  Doesnt remind me of Flex.  He just got past Charles.  Where does Charles usually place at the O?  He was the hometown boy here in Denver with a soft lineup vs the O or Arnold.
Oh...Monica!

divcom

• Getbig V

I'm not saying anything is wrong.  We'll be going through this yr in and out.  First... Richard has the perfect genetics.  Now... Phil has the perfect set of genes.  If he doesnt pan out... then the next USA Champ or whom ever will be a genetic god. 

They are good bbings with smaller physiques which makes them look prettier or whatever against the likes of Ronnie, Jay, Dennis and Ruhl.  Plus it really helps to have a 30-32 inch waist.I'd say Dexter has the best set of genes as far as the current pros go, and Jay is his road block to O once Ronnie is gone... not Phil 5 yrs down the line or Jones with an extra 10lbs.     
Oh...Monica!