Author Topic: DC Training - Any comments on how good he looks?  (Read 18715 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
Re: DC Training - Any comments on how good he looks?
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »
He looked pretty decent size wise leading up to the show.  I think it was a case of screwing up the last 72 hours.  He got on stage and disappeared.  These guys have a lot of guys giving them too much conflicted advice right before the show. 

no ,, this is not real size,, it lack ,, it is water kigtropina size which is good for felas who advance in bodybuild but not someone who try to get profesional card,, those someones should already have the muscle dialed in for years there,, they should have minimums ,, its hard to explain ,, this size is result of gh usage and aas ofcourse but! something is lacking under this size and it is development of the muscle ,, just lack in many ways ,, those are the fellas who lose most size when go on stage,, i keep teling you many 190fellas in gymasium would look better than 250lb bodybuild in gymasium on stage....

his size has HGH writen all over it hgh and aas like any other bodybuild but! there is some lacking in musculatory foundation there ,, it is alot of illusion size that gh create,, it is good it is very good for a fella that does local show and state show,, but when you come to take aprofesional card....you need to have the few first bases dialed in or be a superb  muscle shape fella like philsulina that has very good muscle shape! either or

gh15 approved
fallen angel

chess315

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »
somethings happening to our posts they took down all the promuscle ones. They even chaged this one thats not the title I put.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2011, 02:56:57 AM »
Sometimes i wonder why guys like this continue to compete. Even if he ever does get his pro card he doesn't stand a chance in winning any pro shows... He will be a third tier pro...but giving him a pro card is almost laughable. The day that this man is given a pro card is the day bodybuilding has officially gone to the gutter. I have nothing against dusty, i just tell it how i see it. its a matter of time before he loses his iforce contract

Also, why does Danta and sons continue to string him along and give him false hope. conditioning is there yes...mostly due to huge drug abuse leading up to show, but even if he didn't come in "flat" his waist would have come in even fuller. even seo couldn't fix his physique

io856

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2011, 03:03:28 AM »
Holy shit  this guy looks awesome

THATS REAL MUSCLE!

fuck can't believe I saw this quality muscle in 2011

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2011, 03:30:46 AM »
Going by those pics alone,he looked far better in 2010.

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
you can, but he is following dante's stupid ass advice to eat 10,000 calories a day and i'm sure he has to use a ton of insulin with that many calories and that's what causes the "palumboism"

he just needs to drop the slin and calories down and his gut will be fine

Ok, we will have to agree to disagree on this issue. There is more to true palumboism than just wide waist and a big gut from massive amounts of calories and the gh+slin combo.  There is muscle catabolism too and just a general very drawn look.

I have never seen anyone turn it around even if they downscale the physique.

ShelbyStarnes

• Getbig I
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »
Did anyone watch Shelby Starns train DC with a perfect form and controlled negatives ?

I haven't done DC training in about a year and a half now.  I've personally made better gains with a higher volume, but still high intensity approach (working with John Meadows).   We still lift heavy (relatively speaking)  but it's quite a bit different from DC training.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2011, 07:58:09 AM »
I haven't done DC training in about a year and a half now.  I've personally made better gains with a higher volume, but still high intensity approach (working with John Meadows).   We still lift heavy (relatively speaking)  but it's quite a bit different from DC training.

agreed.
b

Stavios

« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2011, 08:39:19 AM »
this. Shelby is one of the only guru who truly knows his shit and it shows in his own improvements

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2011, 08:43:44 AM »
I haven't done DC training in about a year and a half now.  I've personally made better gains with a higher volume, but still high intensity approach (working with John Meadows).   We still lift heavy (relatively speaking)  but it's quite a bit different from DC training.
Same here.....great way to train.

I`m also hitting everything 2 X a week,and I love it.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2011, 09:08:10 AM »
Same here.....great way to train.

I`m also hitting everything 2 X a week,and I love it.

Spill the routine Wes...or PM me....I am actually going to be going on a high rep routine for a while...damn knees, elbows, shoulders are not happy with me

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
Yup...I'm up there in age as well. I backed off the weight reluctantly, more out of necessity than anything...and I found that I made better progress not crushing my body to dust every time i trained, and I'm not a cripple for two days afterwards.

Now i do 4-5 sets per exercise and the reps are always in the 10-15 range. I don't "pump train".... I still train HARD, but not with crazy poundages for low reps. Occasionally I get a hair up my ass and go heavy just to see what i got, but those days come less and less now

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:53 AM »
Yup...I'm up there in age as well. I backed off the weight reluctantly, more out of necessity than anything...and I found that I made better progress not crushing my body to dust every time i trained, and I'm not a cripple for two days afterwards.

Now i do 4-5 sets per exercise and the reps are always in the 10-15 range. I don't "pump train".... I still train HARD, but not with crazy poundages for low reps. Occasionally I get a hair up my ass and go heavy just to see what i got, but those days come less and less now
Exactly,still heavy,but for the reps I`m shooting for.

I also do Giant-Sets,drop-sets,super-sets,etc. to keep intensity up...........add wt. each set and go for it,come down in weight on last set and rep out.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »
Spill the routine Wes...or PM me....I am actually going to be going on a high rep routine for a while...damn knees, elbows, shoulders are not happy with me
Curt,I really have no set routine per se`.......always different to avoid adaptation.

First 3 days,heavier than the next 3.

My split:

M-Quads,Hams,Calves
T-Chest & Back/Traps
W-Delts & Arms

Repeat the next three days going a bit lighter......If I`m feeling extra good,I`ll go heavier anyway.

I try to listen to my body,but I always train hard, even if I have to alter "planned" poundages..........I just go lighter with less rest,and add in intensity techniques.

Never boring and you get to use a shitload of different exercises where you wouldn`t on a set routine.

I`ll be posting an off-season log later today.....follow along bro.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2011, 09:24:01 AM »
Exactly,still heavy,but for the reps I`m shooting for.

I also do Giant-Sets,drop-sets,super-sets,etc. to keep intensity up...........add wt. each set and go for it,come down in weight on last set and rep out.

I'm doing the same exact...never was a fan of super and drop sets..I was firmly in the "long rest, big weight" camp. But its a great approach and is very intense, I never really sweated when i trained, now I work up a hell of a sweat and get a retarded pump.

I do 21s a lot for bis and tris too, burns like hell  ;D

what's your leg training like ?..I'm due for a switch

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2011, 09:33:41 AM »
Well,I just started squatting again after not doing so for around 3 years or more....lower back is a mess but it`s been semi-OK lately.

Typical leg day,but they are always very different so actually not typical: ???  ;D

One-Legged Leg Press:
5-6 sets,8-20 reps Pyramiding up in weight while decreasing reps

Lying Leg Sled:
3 x 12-15

Leg Extensions:
3 x 12-15

DB Lunges:
3 x 15-20

Seated Leg Curls:
4 x 12-20

Lying Leg Curls:
4 x 12-20

Calves:
6-10 sets of whatever I feel like doing.

I will also do half reps at the end of a set of leg curls when I can no longer get anymore full reps...........killer burn!!  :(

As I said,though,always different...........at times I`ll still go 5-8 reps on stuff just to mix things up,but not often........not worth getting hurt at this point.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:13 AM »
Hey Groink,here`s two other insane scenarios for leg pressing:

50 reps
40 reps
30 reps
20 reps
10 reps
25 reps

Add weight each set,decrease weight on last set.....use a weight on each set that makes reaching the rep goal questionable.

Leg Press=100 reps (after a warmup of course)

You do not leave the machine until you complete the full 100 reps even if it takes a week.  ;D

Tough stuff that will hobble you especially if you do a few more different leg exercises for 2-3 sets a piece.

b-boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2011, 09:54:32 AM »
SAME HERE!! more volume has done me good..
welcome to the thunderdome bro.... looking forward to working with you next year.
team b-boy

madg

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:42 AM »

welcome shelby :)

1 guy i would actually pay to coach me his clients always come in perfect condition..respect 8)

ShelbyStarnes

• Getbig I
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2011, 10:09:51 AM »
SAME HERE!! more volume has done me good..
welcome to the thunderdome bro.... looking forward to working with you next year.

Likewise Brad, 2012 will be a very good year.

ShelbyStarnes

• Getbig I
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »

1 guy i would actually pay to coach me his clients always come in perfect condition..respect 8)

Thank you.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »

Shelby!  Good to have you here.

I think DC training is great stuff, but ultimately, there's only so much you can do in terms of getting stronger workout after workout.  What is a DCer to do when he's pretty much maxed things out and can't get much stronger, even on the three way?  Answer:  increase volume and the intensity in other ways, like with Meadows' methods.  Besides, sweating your anxious ass off to go from 12 RP last time to 14 RP this time with the same (or a little more) weight ... oy vey.  Talk about nerve-wracking and unfun :(

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
dusty "turtle shell" hanshaw................. but def improved. :)

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »
Damn, it looks like he put some serious size on that schnoz from '08 to '11.

Obviously he's not running 4ius a day but how much would  he have to be using to get that kind of nasal hypertrophy in just a couple of years??

BOUNCER DAVE

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »

Yes.

One guy that has a wealth of knowledge , and get results for his clients.