Author Topic: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status  (Read 8508 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
How can you say there's no correlation?

I see that as an almost 1-1 correlation.

You are confusing the terms correlation and causation it seems. ;)
no you see a coincidence and imply correlation LOL  ::) thats all

first off this was a poll of likely voters not the population of the US...get the demographics for likely voters in the US

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Please look up the difference between correlation and causation Tony... Did you ever take statistics?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Please look up the difference between correlation and causation Tony... Did you ever take statistics?
LOL i know statistics very well ask the lukes dumb ass...youre saying there is a one to one correlation but youve shown nothing more than a coincidence... ::)

look up correlation and show me how this follows

again the poll is from likely voters not the populations which is what you showed...the "population" from the sample that this poll is meant to infer to isnt the population in which using for your correlation...

so get the demographics of likely voters as that is who was polled.... ;)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
APPARENTLY this bill is created with a federal statute in mind...a statute put in place by the supreme court...now I do believe from what i can figure this bill does go one step further in that the statute says that if in course of investigating a crime a officer is given reason to believe the person is illegal they can ask for proof and this bill says with "ppl the come in contact with".

I think what many of you are forgetting is that being in this country illegally is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

there will never be a bill that can target illegals without seeming like it targets mexicans...the vast majority especially in the border states are mexican so if you have a bill that targets illegals...GUESS WHAT??????????? its going to target mexicans...thats not the bills design thats just the way reality plays out

I agree with the law completely if you can tell me that the police won't have the power to stop citizens like myself under the pretense that we might be "illegal"...

Give cops an inch and they take a mile, look what they've done with tasers...
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I really cant wait to see the paradise on earth these moron liberal idiots think the illegal aliens and invaders will create when they are the majority.  

Oh that's right, we already know.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Haha... Tony... You are ridiculous, but please do go on.

My statement is 100 percent accurate, but you just don't like it... That's fine, Let me guess, you don't believe in evolution either.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I repeat:

________________________ ____________

Again - if a cop in Arizona pulls someone over who speaks no english, has a North Carolina drivers license, the registration of the car does not match up, and there is no record of the driver in any systems, you guys think we should not allow the cops to ask whether the guy is an allegal or make further inquiry?

Yes we should allow further inquiry.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I agree with the law completely if you can tell me that the police won't have the power to stop citizens like myself under the pretense that we might be "illegal"...

Give cops an inch and they take a mile, look what they've done with tasers...
again, you dont think cops do this with any other law on the books right now?

the thing is that ppl want the police to have to wait for illegals to break the law before they can ascertain whether they are illegal or not...but them being in this country is BREAKING THE LAW!!!

so how do you propose they enforce that law?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The cry baby shit over this is ridiculous. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Haha... Tony... You are ridiculous, but please do go on.

My statement is 100 percent accurate, but you just don't like it... That's fine, Let me guess, you don't believe in evolution either.
LOL your statement is misleading and inaccurate as it tries to imply that the populations demographics are the same demographics of likely voters which is what was polled... ::)

if the demographics are they same, which i have to think they are not then your comparison is valid...which is why i asked you to get the demographics of likely voters... ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
My statement is very accurate Tony... Again, where is my statement false.

You are talking about misleading statements, but I've made no misleading statements at all.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
My statement is very accurate Tony... Again, where is my statement false.

You are talking about misleading statements, but I've made no misleading statements at all.
oh my goodness...you ppl...

YOU SEE the problem is that the demographics of likely voters may have a higher proportion of whites...say population of likely voters has whites at 80% that would mean that you would expect the sample given a random distribution to have around 80% of whites...so given that the outcome was 60% there would be no coincidence...

you see a correletion says that there is a relationship!!!!!!!! between the 2 all youve done is show a coincidence..to show a ONE TO ONE CORRLETIONS you have to prove that if one goes up 1% the other goes up 1%..................AGAIN BRAIN CHILD YOU HAVE SHOWN NOTHING MORE THAN A COINCIDENCE AND  AN IRRELEVANT ONE AT THAT as youre trying to imply that one polulation infers  qualities about the other when the demographics may be different

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
oh my goodness...you ppl...

YOU SEE the problem is that the demographics of likely voters may have a higher proportion of whites...say population of likely voters has whites at 80% that would mean that you would expect the sample given a random distribution to have around 80% of whites...so given that the outcome was 60% there would be no coincidence...

you see a correletion says that there is a relationship!!!!!!!! between the 2 all youve done is show a coincidence..to show a ONE TO ONE CORRLETIONS you have to prove that if one goes up 1% the other goes up 1%..................AGAIN BRAIN CHILD YOU HAVE SHOWN NOTHING MORE THAN A COINCIDENCE AND  AN IRRELEVANT ONE AT THAT as youre trying to imply that one polulation infers  qualities about the other when the demographics may be different

I agree.  Definitely confusing correlation with coincidence. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Again - can someone give me a reason why a cop should not be allowed to ask the immigration status of a person in the scnario I presented above? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
again, you dont think cops do this with any other law on the books right now?

the thing is that ppl want the police to have to wait for illegals to break the law before they can ascertain whether they are illegal or not...but them being in this country is BREAKING THE LAW!!!

so how do you propose they enforce that law?

I agree that these people are criminals the second they cross our boarder, and they should be deported on the spot.  

Just because police can legally harass us now (legal citizens), doesn't mean we should give them more power to...

I think we should just start enforcing the laws we have on the books now.
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I agree.  Definitely confusing correlation with coincidence.

Haha... I'm not confusing anything... You guys are arm chair statisticians at their finest...

Not a clue on what the terms even mean... In statistics the term "coincidence" doesn't even exist.

Whatever guys... This is why the country is so fucked up... people who "think" they know something, don't.

Look up correlation and causation and get back to me you geniuses you.

Again - can someone give me a reason why a cop should not be allowed to ask the immigration status of a person in the scnario I presented above?

Nope... I've often wondered why they haven't done so more in the past.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
and this law just codifies an existing law att he fed level that the feds are ignoring. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I agree that these people are criminals the second they cross our boarder, and they should be deported on the spot.  

Just because police can legally harass us now (legal citizens), doesn't mean we should give them more power to...

I think we should just start enforcing the laws we have on the books now.
I agree, totally but I also think that there needs to be some procedure set in place that allows us to determine if a person is illegal before they break the law

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Haha... I'm not confusing anything... You guys are arm chair statisticians at their finest...

Not a clue on what the terms even mean... In statistics the term "coincidence" doesn't even exist.

Whatever guys... This is why the country is so fucked up... people who "think" they know something, don't.

LOL dispute what i posted in the last post and then show me the correlation between the two...you havent shown a relationship...all youve done go huh funny how one number matches the other duhh...you said you see a one to one correlation...prove the relationship...ill even disregard your idiocy in infering qualties of one population to another different population... ;)

ill be waiting...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
just for you holmes

from dictionary.com

Correlation Statistics. the degree to which two or more attributes or measurements on the same group of elements show a tendency to vary together.

show me that they vary together... ;D :D ;)

how much time have you had studying stats holmes?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
just for you holmes

from dictionary.com

Correlation Statistics. the degree to which two or more attributes or measurements on the same group of elements show a tendency to vary together.

show me that they vary together...   

Apparently a lot more than you... I don't have to go to dictionary.com to know what it means, and I also don't use terms that have no basis in statistics such as "coincidence".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Nope... I've often wondered why they haven't done so more in the past.

Oh brother.  Meltdown.  You're the one who made the simplistic comparison between a poll of likely voters and the racial makeup of the country.  It might be "interesting," (to you) but that's about it.    

tonymctones

• Getbig V
just for you holmes

from dictionary.com

show me that they vary together... ;D :D ;)

LOL same group holmes same group...the population of the US and the population of likely voters IS NOT THE SAME GROUP!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha you should go talk with the luke maybe you two will agree  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Apparently a lot more than you... I don't have to go to dictionary.com to know what it means, and I also don't use terms that have no basis in statistics such as "coincidence".

LOL i already know what it means you misunderstand it though so id figure youd rather take their word than mine...ive studied stats for years now bro studied in when i was getting my psych degree(wanted to go into behavioral reseach) and now that im getting a degree in finance...

how long have you studied stats bro?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm glad that AZ jumped out in front of this. 

Obama is going to look like a complete fool if he pushes amnesty, not like he cares of course.