Author Topic: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage  (Read 24556 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage
« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »
So when I said, "eating protein pre and post workout is probably a good idea" it was a worthless comment based on useless statistics? If studies say that training fasted results in a net catabolic state that is hard to reverse even if you eat after the workout, it was based on useless research?
Would you train fasted and then wait a few hours before eating if you wanted to gain muscle? I mean purely based on your personal experiences?

I'm sure it "works" for no one and galeniko but neither are putting on new muscle and both are on hormones.  Neither even has the goal of gaining muscle.

whats you point?

your saying what im doing doesnt work?

i dont understand.

i said this is what i do, this is how i look. you say but your not putting on new muscle. you are on hormones. of course im on fucking hormones. are you retarded? of course it works for me. thats the whole point of the thread.

my post was aimed at the average gym rat who uses anabolics that wants to better themselves, which is what 90% of this board is. i make it perfectly clear my advise isnt for nattys, or pro bbers.

let me put it to you straight Van B.

nobody here has to listen to a word i say or follow my advise,. im not trying to say my way is better than any other way. im saying a) READ MY FUCKING POST. and then once you have read it, see if anything i wrote, what im trying to do, the look im trying to achieve is something that you are interested in as well. if so, great- this is what i did to get there.

its that simple. im not training pro bbers here or nattys. im saying what i did to look the way i do. why is it so fucking hard for you to understand that.

like are you fucking retarded? how many time do i have have to make the emboldened part clear to you?

and for your information i got to the biggest and leanest i ever was 'training before i ate and fasting afterwards'. but im sure you have study somewhere that says thats not possible, or effective. lol
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2014, 07:04:29 AM »
Simple Simon it is. Discussing serious things with you doesn't work for me! Cling to the 'everyone is different so do what works for you' theory because it explains nothing, simpletons excepted!

We have never discussed anything and I don't suppose we ever will, I have always kept out of the threads where people attack you out of a sort of respect for my elders thing.

I expected more of you than such a post.

Never mind, carry on.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2014, 07:38:49 AM »
SS, you're right. I should attack the argument or theory and not the person. My mistake.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »
I agree on the insulin thing. I tried it and it didn't do anything. Once I stopped, I went right back to the way i was before. I guess I'm just not a responder.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2014, 08:25:26 AM »
I agree on the insulin thing. I tried it and it didn't do anything. Once I stopped, I went right back to the way i was before. I guess I'm just not a responder.
A.M.D in da house,,,,what up big man,,,

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
i see a lot of value in using whatever provides you with the best workout. i have gotten some of the best results for my arms using strictly cable work. accroding to conventionality this should not possible over using free weights.

to be honest Van i care little for 'research'. i have found that 'real life' seldom reflects what 'research' would have you believe. i followed the research for years. it got me fat. then i started using common sense.

in my experience, in a calorie deficit the body utilises protein strictly for anabolism, and will use in the absence of carbs and fats, the bodies own fat for fuel.

you touch on something interesting- recomps, so lets examine that. think about the last week prep and the depletions that are undertaken, esp water. what occurs? we force the body to take in more fluid than it can use or need in oder to get it used to passing unwanted water. then we cut water off. the body keeps expelling it thinking there is more to come. as a result you end up nice and dry. its a little more complicated than that, but that will do for this example. now that the body is forced to remain without water when water is re introduced it hoards, because the body loves stasis.

now think of this in terms of protein and a higher cal diet. what happens. the body, knowing more protein is coming simply wastes it as it does the water in the above example. we have trained our bodies to know there is always more protein coming so it excretes it. now throw yourself into a severe deficit. what will the body do with the protein? hoard it. it does it for water, why would it not do it with nutrients it needs, esp protein, and thus utilise it for the purpose the body demands it for- regeneration and repair.

it is my belief and opinion that is why you grow in a deficit- im not talking a constant deficit- im talking going from say 8% to 4 or 5%. i dont think one can truly live in a constant deficit. the body needs fat to survive and, for the organs, including the brain to function properly.

hey dude like i said when i am dieting i love fats and proteins.

my fat choices are peanut better (simon loves this:D) almonds, cashews.

my protein choices are extra lean ground beef, whole eggs and chicken breast.

my cals when dieting are typically around 1200 on my lower days to upwards of 1500 on days i graze on nuts (insert joke here :D)

one or two meals a day. i just eat when hungry. no set schedule.

when im not dieting i eat everything and anything. fasting and training fasted allows me to stay within a month or so of striking distance of a nice bf level for summer.

VP is my homeboy. he thought i was too terse at first. i think he understands me better now.

Glad to read that. I actually eat the same foods accept for the peanut butter, that evil shit is delicious, and I won't stop till I down a full jar ;D  

Your build has THAT much quality muscle on 1,500 cals for the most part, so why the fuck do most feel they HAVE to eat 2,500 to 3,000 cals per day? -  BRAINWASHED BY THE MAGAZINES.

Low dose, doctor prescribed anavar IS A GAME CHANGER.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2014, 09:04:47 AM »
A.M.D in da house,,,,what up big man,,,

yoyoyo njflex.

I agree with a lot of what he said but also disagree with some points, like the anti E thing. Those are necessary to keep estrogen in range. The only way to know is to get estro levels checked out. If they are high, then yea you'll need aromasin. The one key I really agree with is anabolics section.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2014, 09:49:37 AM »
yoyoyo njflex.

I agree with a lot of what he said but also disagree with some points, like the anti E thing. Those are necessary to keep estrogen in range. The only way to know is to get estro levels checked out. If they are high, then yea you'll need aromasin. The one key I really agree with is anabolics section.

anti e's is a very personal decision based on ones makeup.

my doses are so low I don't require them to keep my estrogen in check. in fact even at much higher doses I develope no estrogen related sides. some guys will need it at eve. very low dose. it's up to the individual to determine what's best for them.

what I said I didn't use anti e's for is water control which a great many people who don't suffer from estrogen related sides do. I find it dries out my joints and hampers my recovery. when I'm training the way I do even the slightest impairment in my recovery is felt and even as little as .25 of arimidex a day will in me cause this.

and an apology to Van B.

I shouldn't have been so terse with you. I forget that this is a forum for views and that even dissenting or differing opinion will make someone stop and think about what would best apply to themselves.

and at the end of the day even if my experiences don't help them or anyone else's views they might find some value in something someone wrote.

your making a valued effort to generate discussion and I appreciate that. I think what set me off was vince basille not really contributing fuck all other than saying 'your wrong' with nothing to add to either back up why I'm 'wrong' or what his own thoughts on the subject are.

cheers.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »
Glad to read that. I actually eat the same foods accept for the peanut butter, that evil shit is delicious, and I won't stop till I down a full jar ;D  

Your build has THAT much quality muscle on 1,500 cals for the most part, so why the fuck do most feel they HAVE to eat 2,500 to 3,000 cals per day? -  BRAINWASHED BY THE MAGAZINES.

Low dose, doctor prescribed anavar IS A GAME CHANGER.

hey bro there's a caveat here I need to stress to anyone reading your post.

yes that is the result of dieting low cal and holding lean tissue the whole time, in fact I got stronger as I got leaner so I think there's so creedence there for making gains in a low cal environment when protein requirements are met.

BUT the foundation was built on more cals. my biggest I was taking in 2500-3000 a day maybe. but I'm also fueling a lot more lean tissue, and using a lot more anabolics.

all that being said yes I feel people over eat when trying to gain lean tissue and the feedback I'm getting from others who are trying this would suggest exactly that.

cheers.

as an aside, could I get back up to 250lbs at 6% on the 2g of gear and running a low cal diet like this and upping my protein to support the needs of the increase in dose? absolutely I believe I could. you gotta remember tho those 2500-3k cal averaged out over 7 days is supporting the growth of lean tissue on a guy who was 250lb and very lean. that's NOT a lot of cals for a dude that size. now take your bodyweight and look at the cals your eating and ask yourself WHY. why am I eating all of this food for? nobody ever asks why. all they do is just blindly follow what 'supposed' to be done.

fat and carbs don't build lean tissue. protein does. meet your requirements + train + anabolics = growth. a surplus is just not needed imo.
b

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2014, 10:10:17 AM »
X2 on the anti es

I Shake my head when I see people like Uncle Loony taking 1mg adex a day on a first cycle.. that shit is nasty.

To figure out if you need anti es and how much if at all, all it takes is a few cheap blood tests. People like to post bro andecotes or even worse research papers done on fifty year old women to "prove" the definitve answer to this shit but all that counts is YOUR results.