Author Topic: rare training pics....  (Read 254963 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: rare training pics....
« Reply #375 on: December 01, 2013, 10:34:17 AM »
that's true about zane and that's why i firmly believe that my ideal ripped bodyweight is about 165-170

zane @ 187 SMOKED zane @ 205 even at the same level of conditioning

his frame just wasn't meant to hold over 2 bills ripped
205 zane or the last yr he competed had a wider waste and his bodyparts fuller but they fell into each other not 'pretty'like past where they shaped /hung of frame like sculpture,this was due to age and it seemed for him a more 'chemicaled look'for him.ofc he used but it was more different look.this,,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2013, 10:58:19 AM »
yep his waist got thicker/wider and he lost his beautiful flow :'(

i have his training journals and in 82 he really focused on heavy lifting, especially for his back and he did lots and lots of pin pulls ??? :-X :-\

this really shows the great importance of having a very tight and tiny waist ie. body sculpting ;) 8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »
phweeww...got my point across with u without long debate :D,, :P,,,i'm used to your way's luckily..all good.in the end u like mentzers's training with zane's build and thats your goal sorta,now executed it with results is next step.and on the 'chemical'front listen to the 'guys'who might/could steer the right info re:orals...careful.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #378 on: December 01, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
i hear ya man, but i'm firmly convinced that i can stay on very low doses and hit my goal of 165-170 RIPPED

the training is much more important than others say, i know coz i was on higher doses and did shit training and got near zero results, and then i went to lower doses but trained very effectively and made very good gains

if i can temper my compulsiveness ie. not train every goddamn fucking day then i'll be well on my way :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #379 on: December 01, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »
i hear ya man, but i'm firmly convinced that i can stay on very low doses and hit my goal of 165-170 RIPPED

the training is much more important than others say, i know coz i was on higher doses and did shit training and got near zero results, and then i went to lower doses but trained very effectively and made very good gains

if i can temper my compulsiveness ie. not train every goddamn fucking day then i'll be well on my way :)

dude training is freaking the 'main'thing then food/then 'drug's...believe me ,i train like a beast  a 'smart beast tho...4 days normal /heavy/normal breakup groups,5th is a total pump at home i have decent set up at home and i cruise 45 minutes set to set exercise to excersise to stay full on weekend lol,,,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #380 on: December 01, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »
i'd say training then drugs then "food"

i've ate very healthy and how they say to eat ie. chicken breasts, tuna, green leafy veggies, potatoes etc and i ate crap and there was no difference in my results

my results came from very good and productive training and keeping the cal levels within a certain range ie. counting cals

also, my protein intake was relatively low

for me at least training crushes "diet" and it's not even close

you saw how ripped i got last may and i was still downing colas and ice cream along with a moderate amount of protein

what i did was keep my cals in check and it ripped me the fuck up 8)

i'll be doing something like this again soon, but i won't take the cals so low and i'll do it a bit more gradually and slowly

before i was @ bodyweight times 12 and it ripped me but this time i'll start at bodyweight times 15 and i'm very confident that it will rip me the same, but it will just take a little bit longer

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: December 01, 2013, 12:01:52 PM »
yep his waist got thicker/wider and he lost his beautiful flow :'(

i have his training journals and in 82 he really focused on heavy lifting, especially for his back and he did lots and lots of pin pulls ??? :-X :-\

this really shows the great importance of having a very tight and tiny waist ie. body sculpting ;) 8)

the shitty thing for me is i wasn't thick jointed to begin with.  i thickened all my connective tissue lifting the huge weights the magazines bullshitted about the pros lifting.   120lb. hammer curls and crazy things like that.   my wrists probably grew two inches over twenty years of power training.  then i met alot of pros and found out they trained way lighter than the mags said.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #382 on: December 01, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
the shitty thing for me is i wasn't thick jointed to begin with.  i thickened all my connective tissue lifting the huge weights the magazines bullshitted about the pros lifting.   120lb. hammer curls and crazy things like that.   my wrists probably grew two inches over twenty years of power training.  then i met alot of pros and found out they trained way lighter than the mags said.

the mags are/were and always will be full of shit ie, thier major reason for existing was to sell supps to naive kids (imo that shit's evil and i'd gladly cave thier heads in for taking advantage of kids like that >:()

and speaking of "ungodly strength" even Mentzer wasn't so very strong for his size and bodyweight IMO

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #383 on: December 01, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »
very interesting points from everyone here. i saw mentzer in person in his heyday offseason, and his arms were really impressive although they were reported to never be over 19 inches.
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #384 on: December 01, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »
wellhaz is here,and i will certainly add what i can been training non stop since 87/88,competed 91/92/96,just love training/fueling day to day food wise and staying great shape in 40's ,gave up the bulking 20/30's ,settled into my build finally...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #385 on: December 01, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »
the mags are/were and always will be full of shit ie, thier major reason for existing was to sell supps to naive kids (imo that shit's evil and i'd gladly cave thier heads in for taking advantage of kids like that >:()

and speaking of "ungodly strength" even Mentzer wasn't so very strong for his size and bodyweight IMO

Was he weaker than you?

Mentzer

1. Superior genes.
2. High IQ.
3. Good hair.
4. Good triceps lacking biceps.
5. Died at 49 from steroid abuse.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #386 on: December 02, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »
Was he weaker than you?

Mentzer

1. Superior genes.
2. High IQ.
3. Good hair.

pound for pound yes he was

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #387 on: December 02, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
Was he weaker than you?

Mentzer

1. Superior genes.
2. High IQ.
3. Good hair.
biceps weren't that bad??????
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #388 on: December 02, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
pic at 19 shows how mike m looked due to volume training before he got iinto HIT. back to training pics. or not. ;D
F

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: December 02, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »

mike was 5'9 and competed at 215.   i'm basically the same height and competed at 239, but didn't look anywhere as impressive.  this suggests mike had a very slight bone structure.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #390 on: December 03, 2013, 03:21:05 AM »
mike was 5'9 and competed at 215.   i'm basically the same height and competed at 239, but didn't look anywhere as impressive.  this suggests mike had a very slight bone structure.

and his pecs were much better than "they" said

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #391 on: December 03, 2013, 08:02:54 AM »
and his pecs were much better than "they" said
YEAH THEY HAD GOOD SQUARE SHAPE.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #392 on: December 03, 2013, 08:28:40 AM »
YEAH THEY HAD GOOD SQUARE SHAPE.

bad pecs my ass!!!

bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #393 on: December 03, 2013, 11:54:45 AM »
bad pecs my ass!!!

bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D
F

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: December 03, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »
I thought mentzer had a perfectly balanced physique. aside from maybe a bit more back details and fullness might have helped

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #395 on: December 03, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »
DUDE HAD A COOL BUILD,LIKE PEARL,BIG.STOCKY THICK MUSCLE..

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: December 03, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
pic at 19 shows how mike m looked due to volume training before he got iinto HIT. back to training pics. or not. ;D

could never get my damn triceps to look like bill's   >:(

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #397 on: December 03, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
could never get my damn triceps to look like bill's   >:(

what was your best lift?

and how much could you barbell curl for 8 or so good reps?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: December 03, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
what was your best lift?

and how much could you barbell curl for 8 or so good reps?

I could hammer curl the 120's for reps, and bench 4 plates strict and completely unassisted for seven reps

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #399 on: December 03, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »
I could hammer curl the 120's for reps, and bench 4 plates strict and completely unassisted for seven reps

impressive

so you never really did barbell curls?