Author Topic: Muhammad Ali dodges 21 punches in 10 seconds  (Read 21866 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Muhammad Ali dodges 21 punches in 10 seconds
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »
Ali handles him fairly easily.

Tier 1 - Ali, Louis, Lewis

Tier 2 - Marciano, Dempsey, Tunney, Holmes, Foreman

Tier 3 you start getting into the Fraziers, Tyson's, Klitchskos, Listons, Holyfields

With a special shoutout to the old timey fighters like John L Sullivan, James Jeffries and Jack Johnson

Not sure about Tyson being in that 3rd tier. The man was a devastating puncher.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2014, 07:13:26 PM »
Dempsey was great but he was not as good as Gene Tunney - who beat him twice. Tunney in turn lost to Harry Greb (his only defeat which he avenged) and whilst its not boxing math id rate Greb higher than most.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2014, 07:20:27 PM »
Ali handles him fairly easily.

Tier 1 - Ali, Louis, Lewis

Tier 2 - Marciano, Dempsey, Tunney, Holmes, Foreman

Tier 3 you start getting into the Fraziers, Tyson's, Klitchskos, Listons, Holyfields

With a special shoutout to the old timey fighters like John L Sullivan, James Jeffries and Jack Johnson

are u on crack? lol

Tier 1 Ali, Holmes, Foreman, tysn, liston
tier 2 Joelouis, lewis holyfield
tier 3
marciano- rocky is the most overrated boxer of all time- barely beat a light heavywieght ezzard charles and was getting killed by old , past it j+ archie mooreoe walcott before lucky punch wins it

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »
Dempsey was great but he was not as good as Gene Tunney - who beat him twice. Tunney in turn lost to Harry Greb (his only defeat which he avenged) and whilst its not boxing math id rate Greb higher than most.

I agree.

Tunney had a ridiculous career. I think maybe 1 loss overall.

Tunney vs Dempsey was the first million dollar gate with over 100 thousand in attendance and from most accounts I have read, Dempsey legitimately would have knocked out Tunney if he only had the common sense to get to a neutral corner so the ref could start counting!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
Every time someone dominates in boxing  ,  it's because  they are facing  weaker competition.

Tyson
Holmes
Mayweather
Roy Jones
Klitschko
J C Chavez ........................ ........................ ..etc

::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
are u on crack? lol

tier 3
marciano- rocky is the most overrated boxer of all time- barely beat a light heavywieght ezzard charles and was getting killed by old , past it j+ archie mooreoe walcott before lucky punch wins it

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, the man went 49 and 0 and finished his fights when he needed to.

We can speculate all day long but unfortunately for Rocks opponents...Whatever he hit, he broke.

All that matters is that W in the end

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2014, 07:24:40 AM »
Every time someone dominates in boxing  ,  it's because  they are facing  weaker competition.

Tyson
Holmes
Mayweather
Roy Jones
Klitschko
J C Chavez ........................ ........................ ..etc

::)

This

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »
Holmes is always underrated, he would have beaten ANYBODY Ali beat with the possible exception of Foreman in my opinion. Holmes had a great jab, solid right, good chin, great heart .... he could have given Ali a long night. The Ali that was pre-Vietnam crap probably had too much movement for Holmes and he would FIND a way to win, Ali was truly unique

Ali I think would have lost to other fighters of eras before and after his, styles make fights and some great fighters were a bad match up for Ali

lightweightbaby83,

• Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2014, 01:57:40 AM »
Anyone claiming that tyson in the 80s is not superior than every other heavyweight boxer before that time is some nostalgic, bert sugar-esk, "older is always better" retard. Hormonized Tyson was on another level completely. You'll never hear any boxing expert say it because they're emotionally invested in Ali for various reasons and because they know he was on lots of goodies and hold it against him. Hormonized Tyson in the late 80s was a SUPREME BEING. There's a reason we're still talking about him to this day.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2014, 02:00:27 AM »
Many people think tyson was brute force. Not quite so. I would suggest to look at his footwork and defense. He MADE IT look easy but he was technically very sound not counting speed and power.

lightweightbaby83,

• Getbig II
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2014, 02:16:41 AM »
Many people think tyson was brute force. Not quite so. I would suggest to look at his footwork and defense. He MADE IT look easy but he was technically very sound not counting speed and power.

Like I said, supreme being. You take a guy that was truly a top of the line heavyweight boxer, get his hormone regiment right and you get something out of this world. The guy was just obliterating top 10 heavyweights making them look like cans. All the "experts" attribute it to a "weak heavyweight division"  ::) as if there's a precedent to just walking through the heavyweight division like he did...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2014, 02:25:03 AM »
Tyson was the best

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2014, 04:36:26 AM »
Larry Holmes was on Ringside tv in the UK this week showing what a jerk he still is when he claimed the likes of Gerry Cooney would have destroyed Tyson ahahahaha stupid old fuck

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:22 AM »
are u on crack? lol

tier 3
You left out Frazier!

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2014, 07:47:10 AM »
As much as I like Ali, I don't think it would be an easy night for him, prime Tyson had devastating combinations, outstanding head movement and Defense, under rated jab, he could cut off the ring, very fast hands with KO power in each one and was aggressive as hell, he really could do everything well, he made Top 10 fighters look like bums, Tyson dosen't match up well for Ali.

Prime Ali had everything going for him but I don't think his chin was as good as when he came out of exile in the 70's, he was floored by 185 lbs Henry Cooper and Dundee sensing Ali was in real trouble pulled some stuffing out of a small split in one of his gloves, Dundee ordered a fresh pair of gloves be sent from the dressing room thus buying Ali an additional 1-2 minutes, for a top fighter in shape that could be the difference between victory and defeat, I'm not saying Ali wouldn't have beaten Cooper if he had only the 60 seconds but you never know...

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2014, 09:17:39 AM »
Henry Cooper! My LORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD what a beast!