Author Topic: He wasn't always THE OAK!  (Read 12131 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: He wasn't always THE OAK!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »
Here's the thing...

Marnul has been on record as saying that he introduced Arnold to steroids when he was 15. BUT Rick Wayne has said that Arnold confided to him that he started taking them at 13. So, who the hell knows.

Do you have the Wendy Leigh bio that these statements appear in? What exactly does it say?

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 04:24:14 PM »
I would have NEVER guessed his chest could improve sooo much

Nor become 7 times Mr. Olympia, 5 times Mr. Universe, and Mr. World.  8)

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »
His chest was poor and grew to be his strongest part

Truth.

He ALWAYS had the arms, though.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 04:29:11 PM »
wish I could find that pic from the mid 70s of him jogging in the Vinces Gym tank top.    He had lost all his size hoping to get into the movies

this is from the same time frame.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 04:30:54 PM »
Do you have the Wendy Leigh bio that these statements appear in? What exactly does it say?

I have such a HUGE collection of Arnold magazines/books that I would have to dig for it to know exactly where it came from. But it's something that stood out and have not forgotten.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »
I have such a HUGE collection of Arnold magazines/books that I would have to dig for it to know exactly where it came from. But it's something that stood out and have not forgotten.

i have the wendy leigh book. it's  a witch hunt.  all the info is from people who knew Arnold and had fallings out with him.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 04:32:48 PM »
in those days he was known as the acorn....

Hence the thread title.  ;)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 04:34:32 PM »
My chest and calves are shit lik ehis were when he was 17ish

I wish i knew whathe done -

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »

wow! :o

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »

never replied to my own thread before, but i just noticed his calves are small. if they were implants, they couldn't have shrunk and reswelled for the 80 'O' or his later movies.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »

Pollux? You ever showed this to your wife?
O

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »

Pollux? You ever showed this to your wife?

he's like "what are you kidding? that shit is one the ceiling brah...only way she gets off"

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
Arnold is really the luckiest Son of a Biatch alive. Many who would have started out like him would probably be dead at 30.

Not only has he made it careerwise, also he juiced half his childhood, has still grown tall without fucking up his growth plates, was still able to beget 4 children without fucking up his sperm-production, and is alive at 60+. Had no Gyno, no hair loss, no acne (medications to combat these things weren't even out back then), not even stretch-marks.

Became a multi-millionaire, 7 time Mr. O and the most famous representative of the sport till this day, a Movie Star, Governor.

How does one single son of a bitch deserve so much luck in life as this guy?

she has been having hair transplants for years

Stapleton

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2009, 11:31:44 PM »
i have the wendy leigh book. it's  a witch hunt.  all the info is from people who knew Arnold and had fallings out with him.

I have the book as well and it was basically a revenge plot orchestrated by stallone who put Wendy in touch with rick wayne etc. Arnold had been trying to pull his usual psyche games on stallone who retaliated via Wendy. Another "Arnold book:  discussed the wendy-arnold drama.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2009, 11:39:56 PM »
wish I could find that pic from the mid 70s of him jogging in the Vinces Gym tank top.    He had lost all his size hoping to get into the movies
i had that pic somewhere..

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »
i had that pic somewhere..

That is from the 1988 movie Twins, and that pic doesn't do any justice to Arnold's physique in that movie.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 01:26:48 AM »
That is from the 1988 movie Twins, and that pic doesn't do any justice to Arnold's physique in that movie.

they better called the movie Twinks then.

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 01:29:19 AM »
Arnold is really the luckiest Son of a Biatch alive. Many who would have started out like him would probably be dead at 30.

Not only has he made it careerwise, also he juiced half his childhood, has still grown tall without fucking up his growth plates, was still able to beget 4 children without fucking up his sperm-production, and is alive at 60+. Had no Gyno, no hair loss, no acne (medications to combat these things weren't even out back then), not even stretch-marks.

Became a multi-millionaire, 7 time Mr. O and the most famous representative of the sport till this day, a Movie Star, Governor.

How does one single son of a bitch deserve so much luck in life as this guy?

Intersting post   ;D
Corvette Lover

Alex23

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2009, 01:35:00 AM »
Great thread as usual pollux. Too bad we never got our board; the King of the Golden Era, the initiator of what has been called the "fitness revolution" all inspired by pumping Iron which, let's be honest wouldn't have happend witout King Arnold.. but still not worth making a board about it. In the meatime there are boards about pets, drugs, "tapout" enthousiasts (oh brother), not mention boards about "owning" faceless losers...

Sweet pic of Clarence in the background there....

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »
alex any tips on breaking the barrier of improving your arms?

Alex23

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 02:00:43 AM »
alex any tips on breaking the barrier of improving your arms?

Absoluefuckingly.

I've made pretty good gains lately training bi-tri the same day;

Start with heavy barbell curls; but start with high reps and walk your way up to 6 reps range.
Then switch to heavy dips right away, same ranges ~5 sets.

Then go back to biceps and blast back to back sets (maybe 4-5) on a concentration/isolation exercise. when your biceps skin is about to crack, switch to triceps, repeat (triceps extension? or maybe v bar pulldown).

Then go home to post on getbig but roll down your window and let you arm hang as it will be pumped as a house party cauck.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2009, 02:10:10 AM »
Absoluefuckingly.

I've made pretty good gains lately training bi-tri the same day;

Start with heavy barbell curls; but start with high reps and walk your way up to 6 reps range.
Then switch to heavy dips right away, same ranges ~5 sets.

Then go back to biceps and blast back to back sets (maybe 4-5) on a concentration/isolation exercise. when your biceps skin is about to crack, switch to triceps, repeat (triceps extension? or maybe v bar pulldown).

Then go home to post on getbig but roll down your window and let you arm hang as it will be pumped as a house party cauck.

haha thanks i will try. i already do bi and tri together lately and it feels like there improving, my arms are quite long so that i have a difficulty making them massive, maybe they would look good if i had short arms but hey i have to deal with them anyway. i did noticed tri dips with extra weight was a good decision.
like gh already said, if you want to improve your arms you should emphasize on getting stronger on all fronts so that they can do nothing but adapt.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:27 AM »
haha thanks i will try. i already do bi and tri together lately and it feels like there improving, my arms are quite long so that i have a difficulty making them massive, maybe they would look good if i had short arms but hey i have to deal with them anyway. i did noticed tri dips with extra weight was a good decision.
like gh already said, if you want to improve your arms you should emphasize on getting stronger on all fronts so that they can do nothing but adapt.

That goes for your whole body....Focus on  getting stronger on every lift and your body will continue to improve every year.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2009, 05:20:04 AM »
Great thread as usual pollux. Too bad we never got our board; the King of the Golden Era, the initiator of what has been called the "fitness revolution" all inspired by pumping Iron which, let's be honest wouldn't have happend witout King Arnold.. but still not worth making a board about it. In the meatime there are boards about pets, drugs, "tapout" enthousiasts (oh brother), not mention boards about "owning" faceless losers...

Thanks, Alex23.  8)

Why Ron would make a pet board, a wrestling board, an 'owning' board, etc. but NOT an Arnold Board on a 'bodybuilding' forum is beyond me. Go figure...  ::)

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2009, 06:01:16 AM »
Some more of the acorn...  8)