Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman - Still grinding away.  (Read 12153 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Ronnie Coleman - Still grinding away.
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2018, 12:08:29 PM »
They were kings at what they did. Nobody last forever.

I think you meant "KANGZ".  'n' sheit.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ronnie still grinding away.
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
It's all he knows, he doesn't know what to do with himself without the gym, his whole identity is based on muscle, it's given him everything he's achieved in life for the most part, so I see why he's still in there. In some aspects its really sad, but his positive attitude is commendable, cant deny that, he looks happy to be training.

It would've been less bizarre if he wasn't a man of Faith " and didn't have kids

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Meta-physical

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2018, 12:37:59 PM »
if it makes him happy...more power to him. saw him not too long ago at the gas station on stilts...he was very polite

Coleman: Hi, Mobil! Yeeeaah buddy! Mind holding the door fo' me? Reaching da top shelf ain't nuthin but a peanut wit deez muhfuckas!

woah...woooaahh...woooaa aaaahhh! (Bottles smash, people scream, ambulance sirens sound.)

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2018, 01:28:33 PM »

Coleman: Hi, Mobil! Yeeeaah buddy! Mind holding the door fo' me? Reaching da top shelf ain't nuthin but a peanut wit deez muhfuckas!

woah...woooaahh...woooaa aaaahhh! (Bottles smash, people scream, ambulance sirens sound.)

it didnt happen that way... i forgot what those things are called...i just said stilts...guess arm stilts or whatever they are called
real men= no rubbers

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
It would've been less bizarre if he wasn't a man of Faith " and didn't have kids

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This happens to many people when they retire, they spend 20-30 doing something every day, then they retire and don't know what to do with themselves, happened to my grandfather, but I'm sure for public figures/athletes it's even harder.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2018, 01:37:05 PM »
This happens to many people when they retire, they spend 20-30 doing something every day, then they retire and don't know what to do with themselves, happened to my grandfather, but I'm sure for public figures/athletes it's even harder.

when my dad retired from work he told me he wished he didnt...hes so bored he drinks alot
real men= no rubbers

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2018, 01:39:18 PM »

Good point. Look at Titus and Kelly Ryan, they went nuts after they were done competing.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
it didnt happen that way... i forgot what those things are called...i just said stilts...guess arm stilts or whatever they are called

Poor Ronnie...  :'(

T

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 01:48:11 PM »
Poor Ronnie...  :'(

figure 1 is correct minus the leg stilts
real men= no rubbers

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 02:01:13 PM »
If you haven't gotten it by now it ain't happening.

I’m still improving and growing stronger.

I’m not far from them now. In fact, with light support gear, I’ve already bested the bench and squat numbers.

HTH

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2018, 02:01:48 PM »

Excellent work bro.

What are you weighing in at?

Around 270/5.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2018, 02:02:37 PM »
when my dad retired from work he told me he wished he didnt...hes so bored he drinks alot
Two of my best friends on the ship are guys in their mid 60's they could have retired a long time ago, but are enjoying life on the ship , being around young people keeps them feeling young, both work in our Excursions Department, so they basically sell tours and go on tours. I totally see their point of view, especially seeing what happened to my grandfather. I met another guy a few days back who is retired and just became an Uber driver just to get out of his house for a few hours a day, makes a lot of sense. I'm sure Ronnie is going through this kind of dilemma.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2018, 02:03:54 PM »
Perhaps this is the root of your joint problems then, weightlifting is a young mans endevor.

A) No joint problems. When did I say I had any?

B) I’m not a weightlifter. Powerlifter. And there are many elite lifters in their 50s.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2018, 02:06:25 PM »
Forty eight, began at 15, working on a 650-pound raw squat and mid-400s bench and 700-plus dead. Drug free.

No weakness here, chump.

Very good going
Long may you keep big & strong

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »
Very good going
Long may you keep big & strong

Thank you, brother!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2018, 02:34:20 PM »
I didn't see he has pec tears too  8)

No I think that's just how his pecs are shaped.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2018, 02:45:01 PM »
A) No joint problems. When did I say I had any?

B) I’m not a weightlifter. Powerlifter. And there are many elite lifters in their 50s.
So why is a power lifter with no joint problems lecturing bodybuilders on preacher curls because it will wreck their joints?  ???

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2018, 03:04:30 PM »
So why is a power lifter with no joint problems lecturing bodybuilders on preacher curls because it will wreck their joints?  ???

Is this real life?

I’ve been a weight trainer, competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter for over 30 years. Interviewed hundreds of top level guys in all muscle and strength sports. In fact, I was one of the first to pen a feature on Coleman for a major publication (MuscleMag).

I’m not lecturing anyone. Ronnie’s not in this thread.

I’m merely saying for a guy with serious health woes relating to his lifting, it’d be better for him to choose his exercises with more discrimination. That some are more harmful to joint health than others isn’t a matter of opinion.

Why do I even bother. Guys like you aren’t particularly intelligent or experienced, so I’m sure my efforts are a waste of my time.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »
Is this real life?

I’ve been a weight trainer, competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter for over 30 years. Interviewed hundreds of top level guys in all muscle and strength sports. In fact, I was one of the first to pen a feature on Coleman for a major publication (MuscleMag).

I’m not lecturing anyone. Ronnie’s not in this thread.

I’m merely saying for a guy with serious health woes relating to his lifting, it’d be better for him to choose his exercises with more discrimination. That some are more harmful to joint health than others isn’t a matter of opinion.

Why do I even bother. Guys like you aren’t particularly intelligent or experienced, so I’m sure my efforts are a waste of my time.

You didn't need to type an essay permabulker..geez. Anyone with working eyes can tell Ronnie should lift differently.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »
You didn't need to type an essay permabulker..geez. Anyone with working eyes can tell Ronnie should lift differently.

If he had made those changes right when he retired he would be in far better shape now.  Or after the hips were done..or after the cervical spine surgery..or first lumbar spine etc. Man I've lost track of all the surgeries. :-\

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
Re: Ronnie Coleman - Still grinding away.
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
looking at the construct of our body, I'm of the opinion that there is no way to lift real heavy and maintain normal function thru advanced age.... while using moderate/light weight is super beneficial.

life is short, tho... so whatever.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2018, 05:05:59 PM »
If he had made those changes right when he retired he would be in far better shape now.  Or after the hips were done..or after the cervical spine surgery..or first lumbar spine etc. Man I've lost track of all the surgeries. :-\

mr white , sort just like ronnie lost track of all the kids he made, the idiot never figured out you should have a condom on

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2018, 05:24:37 PM »
mr white , sort just like ronnie lost track of all the kids he made, the idiot never figured out you should have a condom on

As long as he pays for them its all good.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2018, 05:34:05 PM »

https://m.imgur.com/rUzSr7b

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »