Author Topic: Tebow for MVP  (Read 47066 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Tebow
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 05:18:19 AM »
One FFL I'm in this year ridiculously favors RBs giving  a point for every FIVE yds rushing instead of  ten.  It's stupid.

But Teabow will be an absolute monster in this format.
Y

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »
Truth. 

Green Bay has done a remarkable job in the draft too.  I think the few years Rogers spent behind Favre had to help too. 

Yes. Greenbay did it the right way. I forgot to add them. They did draft well

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »
Ahem....the Gmen and Pats do well with drafting.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »
Did you guys catch the press conference after the game?  Fox looked so uncomfortable.  I honestly believe he was hoping for a "see i told you guys Orton was the guy" if Tebow lost.  The fact Tebow didn't play all that well, but they won had to cause him a lot of pain.  He's too stubborn to realize the days of running on 1, 2 and throwing as a last resort on 3rd down.....with only 1 or zero #1 WR's....are LONG over in the NFL.  Denver would be better suited to run the no-huddle and let Tebow do his thing which is thrive in chaos.  So glad Rivera is going it with Cam. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 02:38:06 PM »
Ahem....the Gmen and Pats do well with drafting.

Pats... not really.. they do good with their later rounds.. ill give you thay.. but their recent early round picks are trash.
Lawrence Maroney isnt with the team
Brand Merriweather isnt with the team.
Spikes is alright.. not a star

They do well with letting some team miss on someone and then capitalizing on that teams mis management of that player
Welker
Woodhead.
And countless free agents.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
Pats... not really.. they do good with their later rounds.. ill give you thay.. but their recent early round picks are trash.

They do well with letting some team miss on someone and then capitalizing on that teams mis management of that player
Welker
Woodhead.

I agree and you could put Brady in that category. No way in hell they had any idea what they were getting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »

Welker
Woodhead.

Agree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
I agree and you could put Brady in that category. No way in hell they had any idea what they were getting.

Yep.  Every team in the league whiffed on Brady.   

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »

8)

Tee Martin was takin ahead of Brady along with Pennington and i have been drinking. I cannot think of the rest of as now.  :-\ :-\ I think there were four other assholes that ere taking ahead of Brady.
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
8)

Tee Martin was takin ahead of Brady along with Pennington and i have been drinking. I cannot think of the rest of as now.  :-\ :-\ I think there were four other assholes that ere taking ahead of Brady.

Pennington, Carmazzi, Redman, Martin, Bulger, Wynn.  I forgot the Niners took Giovanni Carmazzi over Brady.  Brilliant. 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »

If I remember correctly, back when Dan Marino was drafted, every other team except the Redskins (who had won the Super Bowl) had a shot at him. 
~

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »
8)

A little off topic, but seeing Tee Martin's name reminds me of a story a friend and former coworker once told me.  This friend had played baseball at Greensboro College, and one of his teammates was dating a girl who attended Univ of Tenn.  This fellow had plans to visit his girl one weekend, but the baseball coach had lined up a few weekend scrimmages so he was stuck.  He was bitching, "I'm stuck going to these stupid scrimmages and she's probably going to some party and all those damn football players will be there..."  Just then one of the other teammates started imitating this fellow's girl, getting down on all fours and squealing, "Tee!  Tee!!" until the fellow completely melted.  hahahahahahahaha
~

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2011, 02:12:39 PM »

:D :D
D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »
Tebow... The Playmaker.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
Tebow... The Playmaker.

Yea, he is making more plays as we speak.  :D :D
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »
Stunk it up..... that move by the Detroit player, don't know he it was, was classless and uncalled for.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »
Stunk it up..... that move by the Detroit player, don't know he it was, was classless and uncalled for.

The players around the league are now calling it, "Tebowing Tewow".  :D :D
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2011, 05:41:35 PM »

Just a lil stat regarding Tebow and Orton: Tim Tebow was sacked 14 times in 2 games and Kyle Orton was sacked 9 times in 5 games.  :-\
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »

Yep.  He was pretty bad.  Did some good things, but overall looked completely out of sync.  Part of it was his fault, part was his line failing to give him any time at all, and part was the offensive coordinator not knowing what kind of offense he wanted to run.

They said this was a his fifth start?  Have to give him a chance to get a lot more games under his belt. 

I agree about the guy mocking his prayer after sacking him.  Bush league. 

On another note, pretty rare to see Champ Bailey get burned the way he did. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 07:04:45 PM »
Yep.  He was pretty bad.  Did some good things, but overall looked completely out of sync.  Part of it was his fault, part was his line failing to give him any time at all, and part was the offensive coordinator not knowing what kind of offense he wanted to run.

They said this was a his fifth start?  Have to give him a chance to get a lot more games under his belt. 

I agree about the guy mocking his prayer after sacking him.  Bush league. 

On another note, pretty rare to see Champ Bailey get burned the way he did. 

Denver needs to put in an offense like Carolina has with Newton.  Spread the field more and let Tebow run and make plays.  Their o-line was horrible.  If they are patient and give it time, Tebow will be fine as a starter.  In a league where John Beck, Curtis Painter and Matt Moore are starters on a given weekend, the Broncos could do far worse.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »
Denver needs to put in an offense like Carolina has with Newton.  Spread the field more and let Tebow run and make plays.  Their o-line was horrible.  If they are patient and give it time, Tebow will be fine as a starter.  In a league where John Beck, Curtis Painter and Matt Moore are starters on a given weekend, the Broncos could do far worse.

Agree.  They were in the spread, then the option, then a traditional pro set.  All over the place.   

In addition to the QBs you mentioned, there are Tavaris Jackson, Feeley, Gabbert.   

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »
I'm no "fan" of Tebow, but he is without question, the best collegiate player of my lifetime.  I just never thought his skill set would translate to NFL success. Off the field he sounds like a stand up guy, and pro sports could certainly use more of those.
D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »
Tebow has class and determination.....don't forget.....he has only made 3 starts in the NFL.

The guy has no quit in him at all.....He is a leader and a team player.

I wouldn't be surprised if he makes tremendous improvements by late season!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »

:D :D
ZERO CLASS.....Detroit has a reputation for being dirty and showing little class....Suh has  been described as a dirty player.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2011, 07:37:18 PM »
Agree.  They were in the spread, then the option, then a traditional pro set.  All over the place.   

In addition to the QBs you mentioned, there are Tavaris Jackson, Feeley, Gabbert.   

Tebow is almost totally ineffective as a passer. They also have very little talent on offense. Decker is a number three receiver, but in Denver he is a one. Defensively, they are poor.
D