Author Topic: Greg Kovacs MuscleTech Promo...  (Read 14606 times)

suckmymuscle

Greg Kovacs MuscleTech Promo...
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
  Lol, this documentary about Greg from the late 1990s was all about selling MuscleTech supplements, and they did that by portraying Kovacs as some superman of doom who came to dominate all.. The language they use to talk about Kovacs is incredibly hyperbolic... ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Greg Kovacs MuscleTech Promo...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
Big dude, all around big dude

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »
Big dude, all around big dude

Yeah, he was a monster, but he sucked as a bodybuilder. He was too mesomorphic in structure and his hips were too wide. He was also very strong, but not like the ridiculous articles from MuscleMag back then claimed. I mean, 700 lbs on the decline bench for 4 reps? 360 lbs front military presses for 10 reps? One arm dumbbell rows with 300 lbs dumbbells for 12 reps? Over 2 ton leg presses? This is gorilla strength...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

madg

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
i see 10 sec of 1st video and wife there too maybe emergency asshole wipe greg need ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »
The guy was HUGE. I was an editor at MuscleMag when Paul Gardiner (the flagship store's manager kid) was planning his MuscleTech business. Greg would often stop by at lunch and hang.

However, as was said, Greg was never cut out to be a bodybuilder. He had a wide waist, turnip thighs and weak leg depth, shitty arm thickness (brachialis)/detail, crummy overall shape and zero aesthetics. Not to mention the man's epic gut.

And his strength wasn't near what it was trumped up to be. Check out the video. He has five plates on incline Smith and does three tough reps all by himself. That's essentially 465 on a machine that balances the barbell. Strong, sure, but not anywhere NEAR what would be required to bench press 700 pounds, or for that matter, flat press five plates with a free bar for sets of more than, say, five repetitions.

I am quite certain he couldn't deep squat shit, either.

MuscleTech made its start with Kovacs and then bailed on him when it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere as a bodybuilder (to put it mildly). But without Greg, MuscleTech wouldn't have become anything. And with MuscleMag in Paul's corner, as well, for whatever reason, it went on to become one of the greatest successful scam companies of all time.

That anyone purchases its products is a mystery.

But, yeah, Kovacs was once a MONSTROUS human being. 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 06:51:54 PM »
The guy was HUGE. I was an editor at MuscleMag when Paul Gardiner (the flagship store's manager kid) was planning his MuscleTech business. Greg would often stop by at lunch and hang.

However, as was said, Greg was never cut out to be a bodybuilder. He had a wide waist, turnip thighs and weak leg depth, shitty arm thickness (brachialis)/detail, crummy overall shape and zero aesthetics. Not to mention the man's epic gut.

And his strength wasn't near what it was trumped up to be. Check out the video. He has five plates on incline Smith and does three tough reps all by himself. That's essentially 465 on a machine that balances the barbell. Strong, sure, but not anywhere NEAR what would be required to bench press 700 pounds, or for that matter, flat press five plates with a free bar for sets of more than, say, five repetitions.

MuscleTech made its start with Kovacs and then bailed on him when it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere as a bodybuilder (to put it mildly). But without Greg, MuscleTech wouldn't have become anything. And with MuscleMag in Paul's corner, as well, for whatever reason, it went on to become one of the greatest successful scam companies of all time.

wasn't Paul Gardner the first "Before and After" guy for Muscletech?

Also, didn't he claim (in the initial ad) that his results occurred in one month?  I don't have the pic but the transformation was insane (and bullshit)

they were pushing hydroxycutt, acetabolin and a creatine product as a stack

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »

Yes. MuscleTech build that kid up both literally(steroids and other drugs) and metaphorically(his ego) to sell their products, and when Kovacs proved to have th shape of a keg and thus would never place at any show, they abandoned him with tons of health problems, drug bills and a borken marriage. Guy Gardner is a complete psychopath and should be in jail for what he did.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »
Met Kovacs once. When he dropped out of the Arnold a few year's back { I'm sure you all remember his " famous " pics } ... man, did he look awful. More than that, he looked so fucking tired. Just really burnt out. Sad. Just sad. :/

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »
arms look small on his build
choice is an illusion

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »
Do you guys see the synthol in his shoulder in the 3rd video? 

It was funny during the 1st video that little twink's comparing his arm to Kovac's then he says see how big Kovac's arm compared to the size of an arm of regular guy.  That twink's arms are much smaller than even the regular guys' arms. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
I wonder how Kovacs feel about "men" that cry on the internet when their feeling gets hurt?

SMM, do you think Greg ever snitched to the board admin when someone insulted him or started a sarcastic, degrading thread about him?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »
Met Kovacs once. When he dropped out of the Arnold a few year's back { I'm sure you all remember his " famous " pics } ... man, did he look awful. More than that, he looked so fucking tired. Just really burnt out. Sad. Just sad. :/

And to think he used to be tier 2!  :-\

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
I wonder how Kovacs feel about "men" that cry on the internet when their feeling gets hurt?

SMM, do you think Greg ever snitched to the board admin when someone insulted him or started a sarcastic, degrading thread about him?

Hey Chaos, suck my dick, queer boy. I don't need to snitch to anyone as I can do whatever I want with my own threads. You are seriously delusional if you think I give a shit about you(worthless troll with 30,000 posts trying to bait people) a Swedish retard with a man-crush on a WWE clown an an admitted f.aggot who takes it up the ass(OneMoreRep) think of me. I will keep posting and doing whatever the fuck I want and I truly don't give a shit about board reputation. At the end of the day, it doesen't affect my life one bit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 07:44:31 PM »
What's the difference between SuckMyMuscle and One More Rep?

one of them is a cocksucking cum rag who can take two dicks in his ass at the same time and the other is OneMoreRep

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
 Hey Chaos, suck my dick, queer boy. I don't need to snitch to anyone as I can do whatever I want with my own threads. You are seriously delusional if you think I give a shit about you(worthless troll with 30,000 posts trying to bait people) a Swedish retard with a man-crush on a WWE clown an an admitted f.aggot who takes it up the ass(OneMoreRep) think of me. I will keep posting and doing whatever the fuck I want and I truly don't give a shit about board reputation. At the end of the day, it doesen't affect my life one bit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Snitchwithoutmuscle, nice meltdown.

Gonna cry to Ron about this one too ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Adam86

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 07:47:59 PM »

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
God

anytime i hear a bodybuilder do a supplement ad and claim they gained 20 lbs of muscle and added 100 lbs to their bench

i wanna throw feces at there ugly lying faces
getbig or getgot

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
What's the difference between SuckMyMuscle and One More Rep?

one of them is a cocksucking cum rag who can take two dicks in his ass at the same time and the other is OneMoreRep

I think your username of "no name" suits you. You truly are a non-entity and have the picture of a dude in your avatar. So I am assuming you know a thing or two about being a cum rag. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57:52 PM »
  I think your username of "no name" suits you. You truly are a non-entity and have the picture of a dude in your avatar. So I am assuming you know a thing or two about being a cum rag. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

go watch your "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 1 DVD, noob

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:34 PM »
btw, what is your handle on Sherdog?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »
go watch your "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 1 DVD, noob

Oooh...is that out yet???

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

SMM 0WNS AGAIN.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 11:02:09 PM »
Great side delts, he must have been doing a lot of "side laterals".  :D

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »
Great side delts, he must have been doing a lot of "side laterals".  :D

yeah if you do enough you will grow a fourth delt head :-\
irongearco.com

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »
wasn't Paul Gardner the first "Before and After" guy for Muscletech?

Also, didn't he claim (in the initial ad) that his results occurred in one month?  I don't have the pic but the transformation was insane (and bullshit)

they were pushing hydroxycutt, acetabolin and a creatine product as a stack

Yeah,
Fortress spoke of him before, guy sounds a real dick, and fortrss obviously not a fan

Sad thing is, he used and uses people like bob kennedy, kovacs, etc, and he feels fuck all, living the large life