Author Topic: Melvin Manhoef to Replace Jerome LeBanner at K-1 Dynamite!! 2008  (Read 627 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Japan-MMA has the scoop:

Last minute changes to the Dynamite card! Jerome is out due to the flu and FEG has been working hard to find a replacement, it is announced now that Melvin Manhoef steps in!!
With the tremendous weight difference between Manhoef and Hunt, and the fact that Hunt has at least shown that he's heard of ground fighting, it's going to be a tough road to hoe for Manhoef. Regardless of the outcome, Manhoef deserves a tremendous amount of respect for taking this fight on a day's notice. Credit should also go to FEG for finding a replacement fans could actually care about on such short notice.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Melvin Manhoef to Replace Jerome LeBanner at K-1 Dynamite!! 2008
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »
good news. i rather see melvin fight than lebanner.
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »

Melvin should help the fight to be a little more paced.. Should be a good fight still.

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »

Agreed, I think this makes for a much more exciting fight. I was really wondering how LeBanner was going to fight so soon after his injury at the grand prix. Manhoef will have no hesitations about getting in Hunt's face and really pushing the action in this one.