Author Topic: Prayers needed for my great friend Ed Corney...  (Read 34576 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Prayers needed for my great friend Ed Corney...
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2014, 05:18:26 AM »
I agree, but.. just maybe... Ed will make that decision himself.

He did not show up to the gym today. I went to see him and he wasn't making any sense and he looked bad. His speech was slurred... I didn't like seeing him like that.

I know a lotta you guys don't believe in prayers, but maybe you could make an exception just this once? Just once?

That's the dilemma; should someone make any(!) decision for himself or should a someone else intervene, in case it's obvious that this person is harming himself?
Like I've wrote before, in case I were a gym owner, then I would intervene. But I can't oversee the whole picture in this particular case, only you can.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2014, 05:21:59 AM »
As much as I would hate it, I would restrict from doing heavy weights.  If he ends up hurting himself even more or dies, the family of Ed's won't give a shit and sue you for some quick cash.  Even if you would prevail, it would cost you a ton of money and no one in the industry will lift a finger for foot the bill.

Tell Ed that you respect them...then politely show him the door. 
A

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2014, 05:45:09 AM »
Sounds like Ed had another stroke if his speech was impaired. Get him to a hospital.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2014, 02:15:24 AM »
BOOOOYAH!!! ED IS RELEASED!!!!!

He looks great for 80!

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2014, 02:17:54 AM »
1.What did Ed really think of Franco?
2.What was the reason for the animosity between Franco and Zane and which one did it come from?
3.I've always thought that Rick Wayne was the best short bodybuilder in the late sixties and was better than Franco. Why do you think he never place higher?

Zane had some size on him in that pic. Hard to believe, but there was a time when Zane actually weighed 220-225 pounds.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:48 AM »
Well, Ed came back in the gym today after being diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. Doc's orders were: "Cardio Only!"

Ed and I had a discussion to make sure this happened.

It did not. Ed is ashen. For those of you who don't know the meaning of that word (not condescending b/c there are many nationalities here that may not be familiar with the word...     

ash·en1
ˈaSHən/Submit
adjective
of the pale gray color of ash.
"the ashen morning sky"

I gave him a hug. He sat on the Recumbant bike, but he hated it. He didn't even pedal....

I turned away for a moment and he was back at the weights. I'm not gonna have his demise in my gym. Things aren't as good as I'd thought they would be upon his return. Weight lifting, regardless of the amount of weight used is dangerous for him at this time.

Clint Eastwood once said "A man's got to know his limitations" and obviously Ed does not. I get it, but I can't abide by it.

So, here is your update with pics. This may be the last time we see him. Arnold's number is in his phone, which, consequently is left on my  desk while Ed trains. Arnold is a great man, but he is also an arrogant and selfish S.O.B. ~ yeah, I said it.

There isn't really anyone that can stop Ed and I'm not Dr. Kavorkian. This won't be good for our reputation. If the exercises don't contraindicate his anaerobic workouts, his Meds do.... I don't really care who disagrees with me. "Grant the man his last wishes, etc. etc."

I promised you fuckers an update and I'm holding up my end of the deal. (Don't take that the wrong way) ~ I wouldn't be here if I didn't give a shit about this board. A lot of you guys have PM'd me consistently about Ed or even some of my posts. Lots of good guys here, of that there is no dispute in my head.

Here ya go. I've torn my abdominal wall before and it wasn't with Dumbells or Barbells... it was with the *very* machine Ed is sitting on. Does it look like he is lifting light and easy? Does it?

This may be the last time you see him. Not being negative. Being REAL. Get it? Yeah, I'm pissed. So what?

Ed refusing to pedal:

Give him props. Fine. I don't want him dying in my gym. If the anaerobic exercises don't contraindicate, his meds do. Remember that.

Happy to see him back? Yes. Happy to see him lifting hard again? No. Catch 22 bitches. I love you all, and I hate you all. Bear with me while I blow off some steam. You older guys, give advice and opinions.

I'm calling Arnold. Who cares? At this point in time, trust me when I say Arnold is just another guy. Am I being dramatic? I train people. I train those clients that nobody else wants. I train the convalescents. I train the injured. I do rehab and physical therapy... and I know better.

My grandfather, believe it or not, was just like this. When he got cataracts and was running through stop signs almost killing women with children in strollers, and the DMV and P.D wanted to take his license, his attitude was this: "Ive been driving 80 years. Who could possibly tell me I can't drive anymore?"

I took his car keys for good.

Here's the question: "Can I take Ed's car keys?"

I think not. Nor can I ban him from my gym. This is where he want's to be. This is where it's all gonna end. Wow.

History in the making. I will never forgive myself.

This reminds me of the movie "The Wrestler" when Mickey Rourke had the heart attack and was warned not to get back in the ring and the last scene is him returning back to the ring and we see he's having another heart attack. Hope Ed can let his pride go and listen to the docs orders. Would be a shame if he didn't, but like in the Wrestler, he wanted to "go" doing what he loved.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2014, 05:42:35 AM »
Zane had some size on him in that pic. Hard to believe, but there was a time when Zane actually weighed 220-225 pounds.

Ed was never that big. Competed at his best weighing about 180lbs.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2014, 05:47:58 AM »
Maybe it's best to give the man some privacy. Coming here giving details every day about his current health condition. Even if he "says it's ok" it might be best to work through this situation privately.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2014, 05:51:04 AM »
Maybe it's best to give the man some privacy. Coming here giving details every day about his current health condition. Even if he "says it's ok" it might be best to work through this situation privately.
Exactly. 

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2014, 06:06:53 AM »

That was actually going to be my last post...

This had all started in hopes that he would get better and return at 100% ~ and that he would become interactive with us all here. It was not my intention for the thread to take this direction. You have to understand also that I receive multiple PM's from those who are truly concerned about Ed and his health.

At this point I will say "goodbye" to this thread.

Thank You all, on behalf of Ed Corney.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2014, 06:39:15 AM »
Ed was never that big. Competed at his best weighing about 180lbs.

I said Zane, not Ed ;)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2014, 06:46:31 AM »
I enjoy the updates dys and hope you continue.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2014, 09:00:28 AM »
I said Zane, not Ed ;)

I was talking about Ed not Zane.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »
Thanks for the updates. I met Ed in San Jose at the fair. Super friendly. I had a great 60 year run in the sport myself, never reaching Ed's cred but not bad for a gym rat. I say let him do what he must. Reeves hung it up and did power walking. LaLanne never stopped. Draper cranks on. Pearl, fat as a duck, still trains daily. Scott got skinny but still lifts daily. I watched Eifferman lift very heavy right up to his stroke/wheelchair. I hung it up for mountain hiking.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2015, 06:13:45 PM »
He dint eat her corn
A

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2015, 06:19:10 PM »
I spoke to Ed last week in San Jose.  His speech is laboured and soft.   He can walk but was using a scooter some of the time. 
a

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2015, 06:51:21 PM »
I spoke to Ed last week in San Jose.  His speech is laboured and soft.   He can walk but was using a scooter some of the time. 

Yup.

He's backing off a bit. No balance when he stands.

still loves the shit outta the Fembots though ~

I'm sure everyone picked up on the finger implications in his pic after his release. He was Hell on wheels in the hospital to the nurses....

Kept asking for "Kit Kat's" ~ ha ha....

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2015, 06:55:36 PM »

Yup.

He's backing off a bit. No balance when he stands.

still loves the shit outta the Fembots though ~

I'm sure everyone picked up on the finger implications in his pic after his release. He was Hell on wheels in the hospital to the nurses....

Kept asking for "Kit Kat's" ~ ha ha....

Fembots, fingers, Kit Kats. No f'n clue what you're talking about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »

Is a scooter something like a walker? Perhaps he needs this for security reasons. Some folks become very unsteady on their feet when they are ill. My wife uses a walker all of the time.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
Who was the hardest trainer in Gold in its heyday?

Who does Ed thinks was his biggest rival/opponent in any contests he ever entered?

Who was his closest friend in Golds Gym back then?

Thanks Ed and dyslexic for the time and consideration.

Arnold's stack,haha

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
Is a scooter something like a walker? Perhaps he needs this for security reasons. Some folks become very unsteady on their feet when they are ill. My wife uses a walker all of the time.

picturing more of a hove around.