Author Topic: My How times have changed, Mr. Rogers...  (Read 2671 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
My How times have changed, Mr. Rogers...
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
Would be thought of as kind of a Chester in this day and age..check the lyrics and the scheme...btw, imaine some dude who has a model of the whole neighborhood in his basement and knows when you move in down the street and then asks to be your "friend"
[/youtube]

For Method101, Everybody is special...He really, really needs to watch this, because it is on his level of understanding.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: My How times have changed, Mr. Rogers...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
I love that old man...BTW did you know he was a Marine! 8)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »
Shit, no I didn't...explains his calmness. Like Bob Ross.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 04:41:31 PM »
Takes alot of patience and calmness to be able to do that show for so many years without roidraging on those dolls / guests etc
Q

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:49:14 PM »
Takes alot of patience and calmness to be able to do that show for so many years without roidraging on those dolls / guests etc
You know that dark haired chick on there? The one with the wild thick mane, I bet she had a jungle downstairs in her granny panties...being it was the 70s-80s...

But yeah, dude was cool as a cucumber, those puppets needed to go though, he needed to upgrade to the Sesame Street type shit...keep a young Luke interested.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »
This guy? haha   

But seriously, he was a great guy.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 07:40:36 PM »
One of the best messages he gave to kids was "I like you just the way you are."  When was the last time someone told you that?  ::)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »
yesterday at my local library i saw two white 7/8 yo kids with rapper clothes twice wider than them using the computers linked to the internet to watch hip hop clips on youtube, and then switch to playing violent flash games in the browser, with adults by their side on their own computers saying nothing, cause...they were either doing the same or trying to find a date on a chat , msn or a dating website. Most of em dont even read the books in the shelves, they come to use the internet connexion or play with their psp or DS sitting in the comfortable reading armchairs.

That's the world we now live in.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 08:34:55 PM »
One of the best messages he gave to kids was "I like you just the way you are."  When was the last time someone told you that?  ::)

I'm sure Catholic priests say that all the time to kids before they rape them.... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
Libraries and book stores are two nice places to go.  I enjoy browsing and then getting something that piqued my attention on a subject I know little about.

Mr Rogers had pretty wide shoulders and a tiny waist...he should have worn tighter clothes
Valhalla awaits.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 02:02:41 AM »

I stand corrected...It is an urban legend

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 01:40:23 AM »
I'm sure Catholic priests say that all the time to kids before they rape them.... :-\

Way to pour icewater on my warm fuzzys.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 01:51:10 AM »
yesterday at my local library i saw two white 7/8 yo kids with rapper clothes twice wider than them using the computers linked to the internet to watch hip hop clips on youtube, and then switch to playing violent flash games in the browser, with adults by their side on their own computers saying nothing, cause...they were either doing the same or trying to find a date on a chat , msn or a dating website. Most of em dont even read the books in the shelves, they come to use the internet connexion or play with their psp or DS sitting in the comfortable reading armchairs.

That's the world we now live in.
How about that, a place to expand one's mind, yet both parent and child are blind to that...and you know what, the mothers/parents give into what the children WANT to wear vs. them telling the child WHAT to wear...They insist on being friends with the child, not actually raising the child.