Author Topic: A REAL race crime....no wonder this group is stereotyped  (Read 4411 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
A REAL race crime....no wonder this group is stereotyped
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »
Victims of attack share their story
Crime: 10 arrested after attack on Halloween; $2,500 reward offered for information about other suspects still at large.
By Tracy Manzer, Staff writer
Article Launched: 11/03/2006 10:52:39 PM PST

LONG BEACH - Several suspects including at least three men who savagely beat three young women in a horrific hate crime attack Halloween night remained at large Friday.

The three victims - two of whom are 19 and the third 21 - agreed to sit down with a Press-Telegram reporter and discuss the painful attack in the hope that someone who knows the culprits will turn them in to police.

The young women asked to be identified by only their first names of Laura, Michelle and Lauren because they and their families fear for their safety. The assault, they said, was so savage they thank God they are alive.

`A pack of hyenas'

The victims - along with throngs of other people - had gone to the 3800 block of Linden Avenue around 9:30 p.m. for a popular Halloween block party. As they walked up to an elaborate haunted house, they said, a group of about a dozen males began taunting them.

"They asked us, `Are you down with it?,' we had no idea what that meant so we didn't say anything and just walked by them up to the haunted house," said Laura, "They were grabbing their crotches - we didn't know if it was a gang thing or what."

After making their way through a maze at the house, the
Advertisement
Prop302
three girls said they were back in the same spot where they were confronted and next to the same guys, who again taunted them. Still saying nothing, the three victims tried to walk away but were pelted with lemons and small pumpkins that split the seams on their costumes and left lumps and bruises on their bodies.

The taunts and jeers grew more aggressive, the victims recalled, as did the size of the crowd. Now females joined in, and everyone began saying "We hate white people, f--- whites!"

At this point, the girls began to run, but the pack of assailants ran ahead of them and kept them surrounded.

"It was like animals, like a pack of hyenas," Michelle said.

She was trying to call 911 on her cell phone when the taunts began, but kept getting busy signals. She tried three times to call, she said, but never got through to an operator.

The suspects also began to gradually separate the girls, first by grabbing Laura by her long hair and yanking her backward.

She said she tried to fight off a group of girls who surrounded her and were clawing and hitting her, but then a man came up and slammed her in the head with a skateboard, knocking her unconscious.

"One of the witnesses told the police that he saw my legs go straight up in the air and I hit the ground face first," she said, accounting for the bumps and bruises on her forehead and around her nose and eyes.

Her friends watched, horrified as the man raised the skateboard over his head and slammed her again as she lay on the ground. Others in the pack also began to hit and kick her motionless body.

Fearing their friend would be killed, the other two girls rushed to her aid.

Saved by a Samaritan

Lauren was the first at Laura's side, and a group of people immediately jumped on her and began punching her in the face and back of the head simultaneously. Some kicked her in the back of knees, causing her legs to buckle. At one point, when they got her cell phone away from her, Lauren said she knelt down to try and retrieve the phone.

"Once I knelt down, there was too much of a force on top of me to get back up," she said. "They were pounding on my back, on my head. ... They were kicking at the ball that was me."

Lauren suffered 12 fractures in her face, including four to her eye socket, three to her nose and three to her cheek.

Doctors don't yet know if she will regain all of her eyesight. Until the swelling goes down, they won't know if she'll require surgery to repair the many broken bones.

Forced to drop her college photography classes this semester because she cannot see well enough to use the camera, Lauren also can't blow her nose or sleep lying down. The pressure, doctors told her, could cause any of the fractured bones to shift, which could lead to her eye becoming detached from the shattered socket.

Michelle said she saw the group drag Lauren down as she rushed up and knocked the man with the skateboard off Laura. But then he then turned on her, punching her in both sides of her face and in the ribs.

Her face, like Lauren's and Laura's, is bruised and swollen. The lining that surrounds her lungs is also bruised.

As the man beat on Michelle, Laura regained consciousness and tried to pull him off her friend. But others in the pack immediately began to hammer at her again, she said.

She, like Lauren, suffered a concussion as well as multiple contusions. The lumps and marks on the back of her head and her back show where she was stomped, kicked and punched as she lay on the ground.

In all, the attack lasted about 10 minutes, and it ended only when a Good Samaritan driving by the melee stopped and physically blocked the battered girls bodies while yanking the assailants off the victims.

Maybe because he was also black, or because he was so tall and strong, the group broke up and scattered to several cars and fled, the victims said.

"If it wasn't for that guy, honestly, I don't think these two would be here today," Michelle said.

Shortly after the attack, police arrested 10 juveniles on a charge of felony hate crimes, including counts for assault with a deadly weapon, battery and robbery.

Some of the 10 youths - nine girls and one boy ranging in age from 12 to 17 - were found wearing the victim's earrings - which were ripped from their flesh - and had Lauren's cell phone.

Others still at large

The victims were able to identify all 10 but said there are several others who participated who remain at large. They estimated that at least 25 people took part in the attack, while witnesses who live on the block told police the crowd looked to have between 30 and 40 people.

"I heard these thumping sounds and all these people yelling "F--- whites, f--- whites!" said one resident who witnessed the attack.

She spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing the assailants might return to her neighborhood and attack her and other witnesses.

"I have such mixed feelings," she added. "I'm so ashamed that I didn't try to run out there and stop them, but it was terrifying."

"I've never seen anything like that in my life," she added. "I can't even describe it. I'm still terrified."

She said she called 911, along with several of her neighbors, and screamed frantically for help as a dispatcher tried to calm her down. North Division officers found the 10 youths not far from the scene of the crime in a grocery store parking lot.

One girl's mother said she doesn't blame witnesses who were too frightened to intervene.

And she and the other mothers said over and over how grateful they are to the man who saved their daughters' lives.

"I can't imagine," Barbara said, her eyes shining with tears. "I can't imagine anyone doing that to another human being, or even an animal."

Now the mothers are working with police and imploring the district attorney's office to prosecute the youths as adults and to seek the harshest sentences possible. They have raised $2,500 for a reward fund so far, and are taking more donations in the hope it will spur someone to turn those responsible in to authorities.

Most of all, the girls and their mothers want the three men - who appeared to be in their early 20s - to be arrested.

A team of detectives have been assigned to the case, and the police response has the victims and their families confident that the men will soon be found.

Anyone with information about the suspects or the incident is urged to call police at the Youth Services Division, at (562) 570-1426, or Violent Crimes Division, at (562) 570-7250.

"Anything anyone can do, please help," said one of the mothers. "These people ... they don't belong in society."
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: A REAL race crime....no wonder this group is stereotyped
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »
Pretty crazy to hear the comments the black families made at the trial to the white victims and the media.

"Most victims of race crime—about 90 per cent—are white, according to the survey "Highlights from 20 Years of Surveying Crime Victims", published in 1993."

"Blacks thus committed 7.5 times more violent inter-racial crimes than whites even though the black population is only one-seventh the size of the white population. When these figures are adjusted on a per capita basis, they reveal an extraordinary disparity: blacks are committing more than 50 times the number of violent racial crimes of whites."

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »
Hmmm...makes you wonder why.  Being poor or underprivileged (although there are more poor whites in the US) does not account for violent tendencies nor should it EVER make it an excuse.
Squishy face retard

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 02:02:34 PM »
yeah this was just finished up....the punishment for beateing three white girls?
probation and house arrest...

what the fuck?????

who was there to defend those girls rights???? Oh wait that would be racism to call for a stricter punishment against those blacks.

And they were all cinvicted of HATE crimes for the beating.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »
If twenty of my friends went and pummled the shit out of three black kids I would not be back on Getbig talking about race crimes ever again.  That sucks.   ;D

Seriously though, another example of the double standard and seeing blacks as a protected race.  At least the dude who got dragged behind a car was a child molester.  These were three innocent girls getting beat on because Tanisha, Tyrone and their friends were pissed that white girls got money and they don't.  Is that a reason to almost kill someone?  I see black girls giving my gf the devil eye at all the nice shit I've bought her.  Pathetic.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »
I guess you could say the same about all white males, since a few of them murdered a guy by tying him to the back of a car and driving till he was decapitated (old story)?  Is it safe for a black man to walk the streets of Texas? [sarcasm] 

Third Defendant Is Convicted In Dragging Death
in Texas

REUTERS

ASPER, Tex. -- A Texas jury found a man guilty of capital murder today but spared him from execution for helping drag a black man to death in one of the grisliest racial killings in recent American history.

The defendant, Shawn Allen Berry, the last of three white men to be tried in the case, was sentenced to life in prison. The two other men have been sentenced to death.

The jury of seven women and five men, all white, deliberated about 10 hours before reaching its verdict. It then heard more testimony before taking two hours to decide Berry's punishment. He must serve at least 40 years in prison before he has a chance of parole.

After the verdict was read, Berry, 24, comforted his weeping girlfriend, Christi Marcontell.

Prosecutors said Berry was one of three men who killed James Byrd, 49, on June 7, 1998, by chaining him to Berry's pickup truck and dragging him near Jasper. The other men were John William King and Lawrence Russell Brewer.

King and Brewer murdered Byrd, prosecutors said, because they were avowed racists who had joined a white supremacist gang in prison and wore racist tattoos. Berry was not known to share their beliefs, but probably joined in for the thrill, they said.

In the punishment phase, nine people testified that Berry did not meet the death-penalty test of being a future threat to society.

The jury announced it would have no comment. But a statement read in court by the jury foreman said, "We stand together as a group."

King, 25, and Brewer, 32, were convicted after separate trials this year. They are appealing.

Berry, the manager of a local movie theater, testified on Tuesday that King and Brewer had decided to attack Byrd after Berry, drinking beer and driving around town with the other two, offered him a ride.

Berry said he had tried to intervene when King and Brewer began the beating, but froze in fear when King told him that the same thing would happen to anyone who loved blacks. He watched while Byrd was killed, he said.

But prosecutors said that Berry had Byrd's blood on his clothes and that he might have been driving the truck while Byrd was being dragged.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »
He was a child molester recently released from prison.  That is why black community never really made a stink about it.  Plus, that was 3 on 1, not 30 on 3.
Squishy face retard

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »
PEOPLE SUCK IN GENERAL I GREW UP IN A VERY ITALIAN AREA IN NEW YORK CITY
IF ANY EGGPLANT DARED WALK AROUND LIKE A TUFF GUY HE WAS GOING TO GET THE SHIT KICKED OUT OF HIM !
IT HAPPENEDS IN AREAS NOT JUST BLACK AGAINST WHITE
FOR YEARS WHITES WHERE HANGING BLACK MEN FOR JUST BEING BLACK !
911 INSIDE JOB !

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »
Cap86 if I could list all the things white people have did to african americans this thread would go on and on. Heck look at all the young white kids who have shot up schools for the past 20 years. I must say the kids that did that to the girls deserve a beating. You have to look at the surroundings. I didnt read the whole story but if they live in a ghetto neighborhood then I wouldnt be walking up the street like that. If I did I would have a "piece" with me.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 04:39:28 PM »
Cap86 if I could list all the things white people have did to african americans this thread would go on and on. Heck look at all the young white kids who have shot up schools for the past 20 years. I must say the kids that did that to the girls deserve a beating. You have to look at the surroundings. I didnt read the whole story but if they live in a ghetto neighborhood then I wouldnt be walking up the street like that. If I did I would have a "piece" with me.
I know where they were in Long Beach and it wasn't a ghetto and even if they were does that mean once you enter a bad area it makes it okay?  Face it, black violence on white is ignored.  These little douches deserve much worse.  BTW, slavery has been over for a while.  This is happening here and now.  Plus the recent school shooting was an Asian dude, not white.

Can you imagine if YOUR 18 year daughter was beat up by the opposite race?  ;D
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 05:02:23 PM »
I guess you could say the same about all white males, since a few of them murdered a guy by tying him to the back of a car and driving till he was decapitated (old story)?  Is it safe for a black man to walk the streets of Texas? [sarcasm] 

Almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans in 1992, compared with about 132,000 blacks who were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites, according to the same survey. Is it safe for a white young women to walk down the streets in a black neighborhood?

Sorry Sgt. D you arguement regarding total violence with regards to race is ill compared considering all the crime figures are when calculated, appears that black Americans have committed at least 170 million crimes against white Americans in the past 30 years. It is the great defining disaster of American life and American ideals since World War II, according to the Justice dept statistics.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 06:43:03 PM »
Almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans in 1992, compared with about 132,000 blacks who were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites, according to the same survey. Is it safe for a white young women to walk down the streets in a black neighborhood?

Link?

What does the survey say about the racial makeup of pedophiles, serial killers, and mass murderers? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »
Link?

What does the survey say about the racial makeup of pedophiles, serial killers, and mass murderers? 

Aren't they typically white male ages 25-55?  Just off the top of my head...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 07:09:05 PM »
Link?

The only thing I can say to that is how many are hurt by violent crime by that group compared to the criminals you mentioned?  I think in terms of pure numbers, not severity of the crime, blacks beat whites.  But here are some stats to support your serial killer thoughts, which I would concede without them.  One thing to note in bold.

The serial killer statistics -

The USA has 76% of the worlds serial killers.

Europe in second, has 17%.  England has produced 28% of the European total; Germany produces 27%, and France produces 13%.

* California leads in the US with the most Serial Homicide cases that have occured.  Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida follow shortly behind.

* Maine has the lowest occurence of serial murders - none.  Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, Delaware, and Vermont each have had only one case of a serial murder.

84% of American killers are caucasian.

16% are black.

Men make up at least 90% of the world wide total of serial killers.

65% of victims are female.

89% of victims are white.

44% of all killers start in their twenties.

26% start in their teens.
    * 24% start in their thirties.

* Out of all the killers, 86% are heterosexual.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 07:14:36 PM »

Yes, they are... The reality, is that in THIS instance... it was a hate crime, but the kids got off light.

Why? Is it because they're black? I doubt it... it's because they are kids.

Eventually, everyone gets their due.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 07:32:20 PM »

When was the last time a black person got off "easy" in the criminal justice system?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 07:35:52 PM »
OJ, Pacman, Tank Jones, Ron Artest......

Right, black people with MONEY.

These kids weren't affluent enough to get off easy. They were just kids.

I still think whatever the reason is for the light sentence, it's terrible.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 07:46:35 PM »
Who were obviously guilty of VIOLENT acts.  Pacman and Johnson used to be poor.  They got off because of their race.  Place 30 white kids in there and good luck with that one.  Race riot, harsher sentence, rhyme master Sharpton out in force. 

It's tough to argue... I'm on the fence... being interracial does that.

Seriously, these kids should be beat down. This is why everyone should carry a piece.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 07:52:56 PM »
Link?

The Crime of Color, by New Century Foundation you can purchase it for 8.99.

EDIt: I just so happend to have found it online, http://amren.com/colorofcrime/color.pdf

I still like having the paper copy, page 3 starts profiling

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »
Thats why there are too many gun deaths.  Too many people use that as their only means of fighting.  If gangs duked it out like the old days it would be much better but they are cowards and too skinny or afraid to fight like a man.  Typical coward mentality on their part.  Most of these little punks would never fight one on one, that's why they join a gang. 
Agreed... no one can stand up on their own anymore.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 07:58:23 PM »
Yes, they are... The reality, is that in THIS instance... it was a hate crime, but the kids got off light.

Why? Is it because they're black? I doubt it... it's because they are kids.

Eventually, everyone gets their due.

I have to disagree, plenty of white kids are sitting in a adult prison population right now for hate crimes....such as the homeless beatings.

They played the race card. The trial had plenty of witnesses, and actual evidence of a hate crime, I doubt these girls punched their eyesockets out themselves.

Anyone see the special on NBC tonight? They covered a story in the black community on "STOP SNITCHING" and 2 rappers even admitted that they protect their own kind, and do everything they can to go against the police.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »
I have to disagree, plenty of white kids are sitting in a adult prison population right now for hate crimes....such as the homeless beatings.

They played the race card. The trial had plenty of witnesses, and actual evidence of a hate crime, I doubt these girls punched their eyesockets out themselves.

Anyone see the special on NBC tonight? They covered a story in the black community on "STOP SNITCHING" and 2 rappers even admitted that they protect their own kind, and do everything they can to go against the police.

Yeah, snitching is a tough one... I was taught not to snitch too.

I was also taught not to expect the police to protect you... It's an interesting quandary.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:11 PM »
Blacks lie to police, police find out and become mistrustful, next time police are mistrustful again and don't believe blacks, blacks then don't believe in police function.

Oh, I know that as well... There are many instance of police losing faith in their community, which causes lost faith in the police.

It's a vicious cycle.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 08:38:35 PM »
Yeah, snitching is a tough one... I was taught not to snitch too.

I was also taught not to expect the police to protect you... It's an interesting quandary.

Sure the majority of us don't want to snitch but if you saw a murder or someone getting the life beat out of them and it difigured them and the police came to you and asked you if you knew anything about it would you tell them?

The rapper on tonight was asked if he knew a serial killer lived beside what would he do. He replied that he would move.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 09:49:24 PM »

Sounds about right.  I wonder why youandme didn't touch this one?