Author Topic: Yates 96 German Gran Prix  (Read 7518 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Yates 96 German Gran Prix
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
needs a smaller waist/better taper too.

his waist is tank wide in that vid.

nothing like the mr. O that came after him.
Without fail. Hulkster is like that insecure high school cheerleader... it drives him crazy when someone else besides his hero is getting praise or attention, he hates the idea that others may believe that someone besides his chocolate muscle stud was the GOAT.

Too bad Dos didn't need that narrower waist when he smashed your hero into a pulp over and over. ;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »
waist like a barrel, ugly quads, small'ish arms. would. not. hit.
follow the arrows

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »
Another pic showing Yates hard to capture aspect... from 95..

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2014, 09:18:14 PM »
Just thought I'd repost this, for awesomeness.

Courtesy of Deltamda.

No one can touch this. 

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »
No one can touch this. 

Not even Dorian it seemed, he never reproduced that condition again.  I wonder if he did something "wrong" in his stage prep that ended up giving him his best look ever.  Maybe it was the stars aligning that night or something

I'm not a big Dorian fan, but if he had nailed this conditioning two weeks earlier, it would have been the best showing to ever grace the Olympia stage

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Even without legs, I'm going with prime Arnold.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 09:49:30 PM »
needs a smaller waist/better taper too.

his waist is tank wide in that vid.

nothing like the mr. O that came after him.

And that "mr. O that came after him" placed 5th at the 1996 German Grand Prix (which Yates won)... 5th is an amazing placing considering he was competing against Yates, Nasser,Levrone, Dillett etc.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 09:55:44 PM »
Wow Ronnie looks great too.... makes you wonder how much of the excellent showings can be attributed to the lighting

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 09:57:33 PM »
I just don't see Dorian as that great a bodybuilder, weird looking arms (very short insertions), a big gut, small chest, etc. The only impressive parts about him are his calves and lats.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 10:01:27 PM »
I just don't see Dorian as that great a bodybuilder, weird looking arms (very short insertions), a big gut, small chest, etc. The only impressive parts about him are his calves and lats.

Don't forget his consistency & conditioning.  I agree with you somewhat, but I respect him for doing more with his genetics than perhaps any bodybuilder ever

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »
Another pic showing Yates hard to capture aspect... from 95..

Yates looks very good here, and that was the second best Levrone ever...
Even without legs, I'm going with prime Arnold.
Arnold had plenty of legs at his best, coupled with great calves... Arnold no legs it's myth that should end...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »
Yates looks very good here, and that was the second best Levrone ever...Arnold had plenty of legs at his best, coupled with great calves... Arnold no legs it's myth that should end...
I think a lot of Yates hate are myths as well.. when you actually look at a lot of the pics from 93-96, his waist is actually as narrow as Nasser or Levrone... and a lot of the complaints people gripe about are either just myths, or its because they show up in 1 or 2 popular pics that get passed around.

Dude did have some arm issues later on, no doubt.

And Arnold did have good legs, no idea where that came from. Probably people who weren't big fans of Arnold trying to find something to criticize him with.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2014, 08:20:20 AM »

Sorry, but ^^^this.

At his best Dorian was granite, but the shape of his physique is not very pleasing.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2014, 08:25:47 AM »
I think a lot of Yates hate are myths as well.. when you actually look at a lot of the pics from 93-96, his waist is actually as narrow as Nasser or Levrone... and a lot of the complaints people gripe about are either just myths, or its because they show up in 1 or 2 popular pics that get passed around.

Dude did have some arm issues later on, no doubt.

And Arnold did have good legs, no idea where that came from. Probably people who weren't big fans of Arnold trying to find something to criticize him with.
I agree... Yates problems were mostly arms and the stomach distension in later years... One could argue about upper legs, but they were very good imo... Yes, his waist was pretty tight first years, just as much as El Sonbaty and Levrone... Another myth was about Levrone's waist and aesthetic... He was a fantastic bodybuilder, but after '95 he became blocky, and except in '92 and before he was never that aesthetic... Agree completely about Arnold...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »
And that "mr. O that came after him" placed 5th at the 1996 German Grand Prix (which Yates won)... 5th is an amazing placing considering he was competing against Yates, Nasser,Levrone, Dillett etc.

true, but look how much Ronnie improved from 1996/7 to 1999:

he would have made Yates look like nothing if he stood next to him looking this much better than he did in 96: the transformation in Ronnie is insane.

just like the transformation in Yates from 91/2 to 93.

Yates 93 (with two arms) is the only form of dorian that can compare to ronnie.

all the post tear forms are garbage. no matter how hard he came in.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 01:09:54 PM »
true, but look how much Ronnie improved from 1996 to 1999:

he would have made Yates look like nothing if he stood next to him looking this much better than he did in 96:
Dude just stop. You have a 1400 page thread to argue about your hero. This thread is not for you to cry about your hero not getting attention.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 01:13:55 PM »

he would have made Yates look like nothing if he stood next to him looking this much better than he did in 96: the transformation in Ronnie is insane.

Coleman was big as a house in '96 and '97, his '98 and '99 winning version (who are Coleman at his best ever, imo) are a clear refinement of the early versions, with better conditioning and muscle maturity...

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »
ronnie's back never reached this level when talking about condition.. i always consider dorian's back the best ever.. his calves too,.. are the best ever..

i think in this show he presented his best condition but in mr. olympia 95 and 93 he was fuller..

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »

Wow, Hulkster in yet another Dorian Yates thread  ::)

Why don't you make a thread about your black stud love muffin and don't pollute another Yates thread with your bullshit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2014, 03:35:43 PM »

he would have made Yates look like nothing if he stood next to him

No he wouldn't have.  You have no context on any of this because you've never been to pro show, and only look at pictures from different years.

Nobody in the 90s could make Yates look like "nothing", especially if the weighed less.
Y

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 04:34:58 PM »

i think in this show he presented his best condition but in mr. olympia 95 and 93 he was fuller..

I agree. I like his 1993 physique best because both of his arms never looked better and his physique had great flow to it while still being in amazing condition and being full.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »
I agree. I like his 1993 physique best because both of his arms never looked better and his physique had great flow to it while still being in amazing condition and being full.
I don't think his arms responded to his training style like the rest of his body.

often make me wonder how he could have looked if he trained his arms differently... I noticed my arms respond to volume much more than my back, which seems to like less volume and heavier weights.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 06:18:34 PM »
Yates  93 with two good arms, is the absolute peak of the sport, with Wheelers Ironman and Arnold showing earlier that year being the second, Ronnie at his peak could be argued as third just due to the amount of muscle he carried, but he never possessed the balance and shape of either Yates or Wheeler at their very peak.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
Yates  93 with two good arms, is the absolute peak of the sport, with Wheelers Ironman and Arnold showing earlier that year being the second, Ronnie at his peak could be argued as third just due to the amount of muscle he carried, but he never possessed the balance and shape of either Yates or Wheeler at their very peak.

agreed.
Yates was thick,complete, and conditioned head to toe.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »
Definitely peaked in the 90's.