Author Topic: NFL - Trump - Kneeling - Discussion  (Read 70317 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: "Get that son of a bitch off the field!" Trump on NFL
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »
Sounds more like a lot of butt hurt Hollywood types and professional athletes who can't handle not having their asses kissed to the same extent anymore.

Shit happens fast in the Internet era. How many people still have a BlackBerry?

Simple Simon

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »
The funny thing, is that Stephen Curry already said he wasn't going to the White House. Then, Trump, feeling hurt, said, "Well, you're disinvited anyway." But Curry already said he wasn't going. That's like the 4th grader who throws a party, no one shows up, then says, "Well, I didn't want any of you there anyway."  :D :D

it isn't the same thing at all.
It would have been the same if he didn't turn up at the Whitehouse and Trump said "I didn't want him here anyway"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »
Sounds more like a lot of butt hurt Hollywood types and professional athletes who can't handle not having their asses kissed to the same extent anymore.

Shit happens fast in the Internet era. How many people still have a BlackBerry?

Baseball has even caught on--though, not too sure if this is new for MLB players.

I wonder if the NHL will catch on. I highly doubt it.
X

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2017, 09:02:11 AM »
They have freedom of expression...but what exactly are they protesting?

They might not like Trump and his policies, but he won a democratic election, and thankfully for the USA they are not a one-party dominant state, so there's a realistic chance of change in the next elections.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
The NFL has joined Hollywood now and is nothing more than an entertainment platform for political activism and social justice warrior bullshit. So meaningless.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »

They might not like Trump and his policies, but he won a democratic election, and thankfully for the USA they are not a one-party dominant state, so there's a realistic chance of change in the next elections.

This was originally about police brutality, not against the military.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »

They really aren't protesting Trumps presidential win.

This really all started with protesting against officers killing black people. From there, it just gained momentum. At this point, it seems like it exploded down many different avenues.
X

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2017, 09:11:19 AM »
This was originally about police brutality, not against the military.

Yes it was about playing make-believe that these areas could be controlled by any other means other than very aggressive policing. We found that to be bullshit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160113/loop/chicago-police-street-stops-decrease-dramatically-amid-sinking-morale.amp

CHICAGO — Police officers are making drastically fewer investigative stops and confiscating fewer guns as murders and shootings have increased so far this year, DNAinfo Chicago has learned.

So far this year, the number of so-called investigative stop reports — formerly known as “contact cards” — has decreased by about 80 percent compared to the same time period last year, police sources told DNAinfo Chicago.

Violent weekend leaves 11 dead as city marks 500 homicides - Chicago Tribune

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shootings-violence-homicides-20170918-story,amp.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2017, 09:12:50 AM »
Players took a knee from both Carolina and Baltimore in London when they played our anthem, it their choice and it's the owners choice to do what they see fit.....what isn't alright is standing for another countries anthem in their own country.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2017, 09:14:06 AM »
The NFL has joined Hollywood now and is nothing more than an entertainment platform for political activism and social justice warrior bullshit. So meaningless.

I think its important, though it is just my suggestion, that people stop using the word "Social Justice" in a negative light. Social Justice/Activism has been around for a long time, even before the word became tainted by Progressives! Social Justice/Activism takes many forms and not ALL people engage in Social Activism in this manner.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »
Players took a knee from both Carolina and Baltimore in London when they played our anthem, it their choice and it's the owners choice to do what they see fit.....what isn't alright is standing for another countries anthem in their own country.

That is just your opinion.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2017, 09:16:19 AM »
That is just your opinion.

That just tells me they don't know the difference between right and wrong.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »
Hey wait a minute, weren't people complaining about Obama publicly interjecting his thoughts on various social justice issues-like with Trayvon Martin? And now, we have Trump publicly interjecting his thoughts  on the kneeling of NFL players which stems from a Social Justice and First Admendment issue? Yet right leaning folks are ok with this?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »
Hey wait a minute, weren't people complaining about Obama publicly interjecting his thoughts on various social justice issues-like with Trayvon Martin? And now, we have Trump publicly interjecting his thoughts  on the kneeling of NFL players which stems from a Social Justice and First Admendment issue? Yet right leaning folks are ok with this?

I'm ok with especially since the ENTIRE narrative are based on lies and leftist propaganda that people buy into

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »

Obama didn't have all the facts and was sucking up to the family of a delinquent (suspended from school for the nth time for FIGHTING and got killed doing the same crap). Trump is the president and is standing up for this flag that symbolizes this country.

Defending our country and its flag vs. defending a dope-smoking thug. NO contest there.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2017, 09:23:40 AM »
That just tells me they don't know the difference between right and wrong.

Yes, I do.

Killing is wrong.
Child molestation is wrong.
Cheating on your wife is wrong.
Robbing someone is wrong.
Physical abuse is wrong.
Etc, etc, etc, etc.

There you go.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
Obama didn't have all the facts and was sucking up to the family of a delinquent (suspended from school for the nth time for FIGHTING and got killed doing the same crap). Trump is the president and is standing up for this flag that symbolizes this country.

Defending our country and its flag vs. defending a dope-smoking thug. NO contest there.

To me, both presidents shouldn't be commenting, but they are/were exercising their first Admendment right, and consequences and repercussions will arise and still are arising because of that. Just like with Colin.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »
To me, both presidents shouldn't be commenting, but they are/were exercising their first Admendment right, and consequences and repercussions will arise and still are arising because of that. Just like with Colin. 

I guess the social justice warriors missed last season's games, showing that Kapernick was just 1-7 as a starter, throwing picks left and right last season. He lost the job in camp; the other guy stunk up the joint. Kapernick got another chance and was utter garbage.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he walked out on the 49ers after they tried to renegotiate his contract.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »
Yes, I do.

Killing is wrong.
Child molestation is wrong.
Cheating on your wife is wrong.
Robbing someone is wrong.
Physical abuse is wrong.
Etc, etc, etc, etc.

There you go.

But you're ok with protests of false narratives derived from the Obama administration for 7 years in order to do this and divide the country even more?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2017, 09:38:31 AM »
I guess the social justice warriors missed last season's games, showing that Kapernick was just 1-7 as a starter, throwing picks left and right last season. He lost the job in camp; the other guy stunk up the joint. Kapernick got another chance and was utter garbage.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he walked out on the 49ers after they tried to renegotiate his contract.
SJWs don't care about facts.

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2017, 09:57:03 AM »
I think its important, though it is just my suggestion, that people stop using the word "Social Justice" in a negative light. Social Justice/Activism has been around for a long time, even before the word became tainted by Progressives! Social Justice/Activism takes many forms and not ALL people engage in Social Activism in this manner.

Whenever there is an adjective added to an important value based noun there's an agenda. There is democracy, not peoples democracy. Whenever you had a people's democracy you know you didn't have democracy. Out of curiosity, what is the difference between social justice and justice? There is justice or there is injustice, there isn't justice and social justice. Social justice means left wing equality, that's what it means. It is a substitute for the term equality. So there is no social justice if there are rich and poor. Rich and poor is definitionally social injustice. It's not injustice, liberals don't even know why you use the term. Justice has no problem with there being rich and poor, social justice has a problem with there being rich and poor. If the rich got rich justly there is no problem with it. Do not favor the poor in judgment, favoring the poor is social justice. It's injustice to favor the poor. Social justice has nothing to do with justice, nothing. It distorts it in the name of the egalitarian ideal that motivates the left.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »
Its pretty simple.  You either agree with what the NFL is doing or you dont.  If you agree then watch the games.  If you dont agree, dont watch them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2017, 10:03:44 AM »
But you're ok with protests of false narratives derived from the Obama administration for 7 years in order to do this and divide the country even more?

But, that is not what you said. You made a general statement that I did not know the difference from right and wrong. I clearly pointed out many instances where it was wrong to do something. Thus, I clearly know the difference between right and wrong--your initial premise was that I did not know the difference between right and wrong.  A more appropriate statement would have been that "I do not know the difference between right and wrong when it comes to political issues." So, do I know the difference between right or wrong?  ??? ??? ???

I am not big on saying whether police corruption concerning minorities is either a "False" or "True" narrative--I rarely, if ever, categorize social issues into binary categories. I believe most issues, including social issues, fall along a continuum. With that said, there have been independent investigations that have proved racial biases among police departments (not ALL police departments). On the other hand, there are many police departments that do a wonderful job. I'd be more apt to discuss racial biases and police brutality along a continuum, instead of discussing whether it is 100% false or 100% true--it is ignorant to reduce the complexity of human behavior to binary classifications.

I never stated whether I supported or disagreed with their protesting. You assumed that I did not know the difference between right and wrong because I said to you, "That is your opinion." That in no way infers whether or not I agree or disagree with your statement or sport players protesting. You assumed, as you always do.

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2017, 10:13:03 AM »

Whenever there is an adjective added to an important value based noun there's an agenda. There is democracy, not peoples democracy. Whenever you had a people's democracy you know you didn't have democracy. Out of curiosity, what is the difference between social justice and justice? There is justice or there is injustice, there isn't justice and social justice. Social justice means left wing equality, that's what it means. It is a substitute for the term equality. So there is no social justice if there are rich and poor. Rich and poor is definitionally social injustice. It's not injustice, liberals don't even know why you use the term. Justice has no problem with there being rich and poor, social justice has a problem with there being rich and poor. If the rich got rich justly there is no problem with it. Do not favor the poor in judgment, favoring the poor is social justice. It's injustice to favor the poor. Social justice has nothing to do with justice, nothing. It distorts it in the name of the egalitarian ideal that motivates the left.

I don't care what word you use, Social Justice or Justice. My point was that social justice or justice takes MANY forms, beyond racial justice. Thus, my main point, is that when one hears the word "Justice" or "Social Justice" people automatically assume you're talking about equality in terms of race and/or economics. Nothing in my statement indicated so. Again, my point was that when people hear the words "Social Justice" or "Justice" they automatically view it in a negative light and assume one is talking about equality in terms of race; justice, social justice, or whatever other word you want to use, can take on many forms. Unfortunately, given today's agenda, those words, either together or separate, have taken on a negative connotation--I blame the Progressives for that.

I was/am actively engaged in many forms of "Social Justice" or "Justice." (I don't care what word you use). When people hear this, they automatically assume one thing: that I am advocating or trying to fix racial inequality (the narrative put forth by Progressives). The word Justice/Social Justice has automatically been linked to racial inequality, which is really a narrow meaning of the word.
X

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
But, that is not what you said. You made a general statement that I did not know the difference from right and wrong. I clearly pointed out many instances where it was wrong to do something. Thus, I clearly know the difference between right and wrong--your initial premise was that I did not know the difference between right and wrong.  A more appropriate statement would have been that "I do not know the difference between right and wrong when it comes to political issues." So, do I know the difference between right or wrong?  ??? ??? ???

I am not big on saying whether police corruption concerning minorities is either a "False" or "True" narrative--I rarely, if ever, categorize social issues into binary categories. I believe most issues, including social issues, fall along a continuum. With that said, there have been independent investigations that have proved racial biases among police departments (not ALL police departments). On the other hand, there are many police departments that do a wonderful job. I'd be more apt to discuss racial biases and police brutality along a continuum, instead of discussing whether it is 100% false or 100% true--it is ignorant to reduce the complexity of human behavior to binary classifications.

I never stated whether I supported or disagreed with their protesting. You assumed that I did not know the difference between right and wrong because I said to you, "That is your opinion." That in no way infers whether or not I agree or disagree with your statement or sport players protesting. You assumed, as you always do.

There are racial biases for a reason. Do you see arabs, asians, indians etc. crying about being profiled for the color of their skin? They're a minority are they not? Blacks are racially profiled because they commit the most crime. More unarmed whites are killed by cops then blacks not to mention they chimp out even if they were armed. This last shooting I believe in St. Louis for example. A fucking herion dealer in possesion of a gun.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]