Author Topic: 1 thing about makeup girls...  (Read 10772 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: 1 thing about makeup girls...
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 11:22:59 PM »
I happen to love makeup and the different things you can do with it.  There are many days were I go very minimal or with none at all and when I am at teh gym I couldn't care less but when I am going out I get to be daring and accentuate the features that I want.  Makeup is just another accessory and it makes being a girl a whole lot more fun.

ok good point but i've know girls...good looking ones that wouldn't leave home without it...that ..well it just made me think they were insecure.. :(
carpe` vaginum!

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 05:42:35 AM »
ok good point but i've know girls...good looking ones that wouldn't leave home without it...that ..well it just made me think they were insecure.. :(

It makes me think they are trying to look nice for ME   ;D
X

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »
Maybe insecure but maybe just because it does helo to make you feel a litttle bit better, more polished.  If you are with a girl who wears too much makeup and it bothers you just give a ton more compliments when she is wearing barely any or none at all, she may start to like the look better also.
Jennifer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 04:37:10 PM »
Maybe insecure but maybe just because it does helo to make you feel a litttle bit better, more polished.  If you are with a girl who wears too much makeup and it bothers you just give a ton more compliments when she is wearing barely any or none at all, she may start to like the look better also.

thats my other problems...i hardly ever give compliments...compliment s are like roses..i'm not one of hand over the whole boquet all at once...otherwise it takes emotion out of it...like people who go around saying " i love u" far too often..
carpe` vaginum!

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 08:27:02 PM »
I wear very little make up unless I'm going out to a very nice dinner or to a party or club (or on stage and for shoots, of course).

For work in the mornings, I spend five minutes tops slapping on a bit of eyeshadow, mascara, and bronzer, and the one thing I always have with me is lip gloss.  I'm addicted to MAC's Lipglass.  I never wear foundation in day-to-day life.

On the weekends, I barely put even an ounce on, and the only reason why I would have any on when I go into the gym is because I'm coming from work.

Make up is definitely fun and is like wearing accessories:  if I have the time to make it look right, then great, but I can do without and not care at all.
Jodi

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2006, 08:40:58 AM »
hey jodi..long time no see...!   :)

now i have someone to talk lit with...in the middle of bleak house right now...read it?
carpe` vaginum!

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 05:54:51 AM »
Actually, I haven't.  How is it so far?

I'm almost to the end of Joyce Carol Oates, The Falls.  Excellent novel; very interesting switches in points of view, which are generally taught to be no-no's when writing literature.  Most authors wouldn't be able to handle the constant and sudden changes of these points of view so smoothly.

Start up a book thread, and I'll pop into it.  I don't want to hijack the make up thread with bookwormish topics.
Jodi

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2006, 10:58:37 AM »
Yes, do start a book thread.

Didn't read Bleak house, bought the DVD aong with Martin Chuzzlewit.

I love English history.
Sandra

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2006, 04:41:29 PM »
Actually, I haven't.  How is it so far?

I'm almost to the end of Joyce Carol Oates, The Falls.  Excellent novel; very interesting switches in points of view, which are generally taught to be no-no's when writing literature.  Most authors wouldn't be able to handle the constant and sudden changes of these points of view so smoothly.

Start up a book thread, and I'll pop into it.  I don't want to hijack the make up thread with bookwormish topics.

yanno..i emotionaly struggled thru david copper field and oliver twist made me feel like it ws fall constantly but thankfully dickens morbid sense of nostalgia is kept at wraps in this one....its actually quite funny...some of it is angry satire at societies indifference but its genuinely made me laugh :)  ..i'm a little less than midway..

and u r wellcome to hijack it jodi...lets pull a lord tennyson on this thread... :D

..ok ws that funny or just plain nerdy ???
carpe` vaginum!

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2006, 04:41:53 AM »
I really should venture into Bleak House and Tale of Two Cities and see if those novels get rid of the distaste and boredom I'm left with when I read Dickens.  I refused to teach Great Expectations for fear of driving my students even further into hating me.  I chose Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 instead as the ninth-grade novel.

Have you read Wilkie Collins' Moonstone?  I read it in college and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've moved on to Sue Kidd's second novel, The Mermaid Chair, and am going to see if it's as good as her first, The Secret Life of Bees.  I don't know if these two constitute as "chick lit" per se, but I don't see too many guys curling up in a chair and losing themselves in her novels.  Her imagery is beautiful, though.  Along similar lines with Alice Hoffman.

Tell me, have you noticed that if an author comes out with a brilliant piece of work the first go 'round, many can never repeat it again?

I also recently read Wasted, Marya Hornbacher's memoir (not as embellished as James Frye's work) regarding her battle with anorexia and bulimia.  Hmmm...let me tie this back to the make up topic that began this thread.  I think every person uses some tool to help chisel away at the insecurities that lie within.  For some, these tools are reckless, harmful; for others, the tools of choice are whimsical and harmless (like dependence upon make up in order to go to the grocery on a Saturday morning).

I saw so many parallels between Hornbacher's experience and the pitfalls of this industry--what leads a person down this particular competitive road and what keeps us coming back for more.  One of my close friends who does national-level fitness is in the middle of the book now and mentioned she saw these parallels too.  I wonder if anyone else has read the book and noticed the connections as well?
Jodi

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2006, 01:53:26 PM »
I really should venture into Bleak House and Tale of Two Cities and see if those novels get rid of the distaste and boredom I'm left with when I read Dickens.  I refused to teach Great Expectations for fear of driving my students even further into hating me.  I chose Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 instead as the ninth-grade novel

awww i loved great expectations...DO venture into bleak house....it IS funny.....ok about great expectations you cant go into it for the story...sometimes you read dickens for the chraming way he writes...the way he phrases...you get to enjoy language..get a different taste of it so to say...its kinda like Dorian grey...the story itself is pretty simple...however Wilde writes so charmingly :)

Have you read Wilkie Collins' Moonstone?  I read it in college and thoroughly enjoyed it.

now..unfortunately i dont read as much as i used to...most of the time i am stuck reading technical stuff >:(..its effecting my personality >:(

I've moved on to Sue Kidd's second novel, The Mermaid Chair, and am going to see if it's as good as her first, The Secret Life of Bees.  I don't know if these two constitute as "chick lit" per se, but I don't see too many guys curling up in a chair and losing themselves in her novels.  Her imagery is beautiful, though.  Along similar lines with Alice Hoffman.

i used to curl up in chairs when i ws 10ish..to read...but...since then...i'll usually sit on the floor with my back to the bed..but no unfortunately i have not ventured into the newish writers...i'm always afraid i'm gonna find em to be cliches and i'm gonna be stuck halfway thru the book totally bored..

Tell me, have you noticed that if an author comes out with a brilliant piece of work the first go 'round, many can never repeat it again?

well...yes here n there i have noticed that..me thinks that the first book is written for the authers pleasure..the second for the audience...hense the difference...howrever didn't wilde write "importance of being ernest" towards the end?

I think every person uses some tool to help chisel away at the insecurities that lie within.  For some, these tools are reckless, harmful; for others, the tools of choice are whimsical and harmless (like dependence upon make up in order to go to the grocery on a Saturday morning).

i agree...and self actualisation is actually the complete elimination of such insecurities..a la platos forms :)

http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/platform.htm

Preface to Dorian Grey

The artist is the creator of beautiful things.

To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's aim.

The critic is he who can translate into another manner or a new material his impression of beautiful things.

The highest as the lowest form of criticism is a mode of autobiography. Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming.

This is a fault.

Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope.

They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only beauty.

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written.

That is all.

The nineteenth century dislike of realism is the rage of Caliban seeing his own face in a glass.

The nineteenth century dislike of romanticism is the rage of Caliban not seeing his own face in a glass.

The moral life of man forms part of the subject-matter of the artist, but the morality of art consists in the perfect use of an imperfect medium. No artist desires to prove anything. Even things that are true can be proved.

No artist has ethical sympathies.

An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything.

Thought and language are to the artist instruments of an art.

Vice and virtue are to the artist materials for an art.

From the point of view of form, the type of all the arts is the art of the musician.

From the point of view of feeling, the actor's craft is the type.

All art is at once surface and symbol.

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril.

Those who read the symbol do so at their peril.

It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors.

Diversity of opinion about a work of art shows that the work is new, complex, and vital.

When critics disagree, the artist is in accord with himself.

We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.

All art is quite useless.

carpe` vaginum!

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2006, 08:30:46 PM »
Ohhh...I love Dorian Grey.  Love, love, love that book!  I need to find my dog-eared copy.  I have so many quotes that I underlined and saved for future discussions.

I have a huge chair and ottoman in the color of eggplant and the fabric of microfiber.  It sits in the corner of my living room between huge windows, and I am most relaxed and most at home when I sit there and spend the day or evening reading.

One thing I did differently this competitive season was to make sure I kept up with my reading.  It's easy to let it falter when trying to fit in work, workouts, food prep, etc.  I go to Starbucks on my lunch break and read for the hour, and I read during my hour-long cardio sessions.  Makes me look forward to doing cardio!
Jodi

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 07:29:32 AM »

hopeless romantic :)   

Don't be misled into the paths of virtue. Wilde

:)
carpe` vaginum!

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2006, 09:22:49 AM »
we reeeeealy reeeealy like ya girls without it....

i have dated only 1 girl that never wore make up and i loved her for it....when i kiss your cheek i dont wanna taste that crap ya put on your cheeks....that stuff that goes on with poofy brush...

a girl in a simple dress with her hair tightly pulled back in a ponytail is all most of us really ask for..... :)

Fussy arent we Toxie? Well I disagree.
Different strokes for different folks, look the way you want to look, do what you want and take pride in yourself. Guys are attracted to many different looks and styles.

For me, posture has been one of the most attractive assets. How a person carries themself explains a lot about a person.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2006, 12:03:01 PM »
Fussy arent we Toxie? Well I disagree.
Different strokes for different folks, look the way you want to look, do what you want and take pride in yourself. Guys are attracted to many different looks and styles.

For me, posture has been one of the most attractive assets. How a person carries themself explains a lot about a person.

is this powerrod or Beyond genetics?

it ws just something to talk about man!
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

is this powerrod or Beyond genetics?

it ws just something to talk about man!

I don't think Fark is either of those guys Toxy.  He's def. not Beyond Genetics!  I think Fark is his own person :)

And I don't think he was dissing you ...  everything's kewl here :)
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2006, 04:49:07 PM »
no i didn't think he ws mumsey!  BG ws a good friend..well at least he took the time to banter theoritical physics with me...

carpe` vaginum!

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 09:15:07 AM »
HAHAHAHA!!! I love it! ;D
BKS approved

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 09:16:27 AM »

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 04:11:45 PM »
waaa this is a brilliant thread.  it's taken me this long to read it though.  i'll come back to the makeup later >toxic...

flower, you're hilarious.

but I was gonna suggest we did a book club here on line.  but I figured I'd be laughed off.  reading this thread i wonder whether we couldn't?  We all choose and vote on a book on the Sunday or something and discuss it on the following weekend?

brilliant thread
I guess I'm glad I saved it, waited to read it, till now.

perhaps I woulda wrecked it if i'da raved about how much makeup gets in the way.
I so so ssoooooooooo hate it  {except for Sat nights and big parties.

Linda
I wear glasses and no makeup
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 04:16:45 PM »
;D

flower i need to save this and send it to someone.  thanks so much.  it's looooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooool llllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllll

but my computer has suddenly changed. what is it with these everyday do you wanna upload all these new versions?  I just click not today thankyou.

Nor can I any longer just click and scroll over a pic to my desktop.  Now I have to do some crap and download.  It's okay I copied and saved your fab cartoon. 

Thanks xL

i haven't got time to put mascara on, I've got to wash my face and sort out my desktop instead. oh hang on, i've got a great joke about curtains someplace...
coming up
x

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »
nope, i can't find it and I thought i'd filed all my jokes under >jokes.

oh well, you've probably heard it already.  it's about (I can't tell jokes very well) some blonde with windows.

It's funny 'cos I have a mac.  I'll find it if it's still worth repeating.
goodnight
xL

always wipe that crap off your face at night and then wash well.  and behind your ears

au revoir

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 08:01:06 PM »
;D

flowey..YOU of all people should not be endorsing makeup!

you r a hottie without it..and you know it..so dont do the whole.." aww thanx for the complient..i ws soo unaware thing"...

you  DONT need makeup...

shouldn't women be backing me up on this??  i mean i'm saying i like women without make up...plus it shows they r confident about their looks.....

cant speak for other guys...but confidence...and a little bitchiness..is awesome!
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 08:02:53 PM »
amendum :

the girl i laid in my car...i know athe exact point iat which i wanted her....i told her she ws a hottie and she said " i know" :)

i ws hers for the night after that :)
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »
   AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!    8)     :-*

I don't wear alot of makeup, and I do go to the store sometimes without any on, but I have no eyelashes without mascara.
  ::)

mascara ya ok for ginger kids :-*
carpe` vaginum!