Author Topic: Gyms Reopened in Sh*t-Hole Northern Ontario Today.  (Read 5076 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Gyms Reopened in Sh*t-Hole Northern Ontario Today.
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2021, 12:26:27 PM »
No, they didn't do the reservation thing.  They opened with each piece of equipment on the left and right of you sealed off.  So over half their equipment was not accessible.  They stopped that back in September.  All their equipment is open for use now.  Just not showers and sauna.
I have a membership at Planet Fitness through work and go there about once a month, but  they never taped off any machines or areas.  They just put out spray bottles and paper towels for the members to use.  They actually opened up their Black Card area (tanning beds, massage chairs, hydro massage bed) back in November.  The showers have been opened too. 

When the shut down first occurred, I just started riding my bike a lot more.  There was not much traffic on the roads, so I could bike along with beach.  I was getting 40 miles 4x a week in the mornings.  The fitness center where I have rental property never really shut down, so I was able to go over there and work out some too.  It was limited as you can imagine a high rise fitness center would be.   Cable cross over stations and attachments, dumbbells to 50, smith machine, a leg extension / curl combo machine.

I remember years ago, having to use one of those stations at the complex where my girlfriend (now my wife) lived for a few months. I learned the value of pre-exhaust supersets (flyes and chest presses, leg extensions and leg presses, etc.).

As for 24-Hour Fitness, the reservation thing lasted for a couple of months. In late July/early August, they extended the reservation time to 90 minutes. At the particular club where I trained, they could clean the equipment in about 10 minutes officially (actually they started about 10-15 minutes before closing time, wiping down anything that wasn't being used). If they had to close at 6:30 pm, they usually reopened by 6:40. So, you could go back into train if you weren't done and some of the folks, scheduled for 6:30, didn't show up.

By early September, they dropped the whole reservation thing and you just showed your picture on the 24-Hour Fitness App. That way, you could enter without doing the fingerprint scan routine. Shortly afterwards, they stopped closing the gym for clean up and have dudes or gals, going around the club cleaning anything not being used (and doing the mask police thing, of course).

I think it's also because two clubs are closed permanently (Kissimmee and downtown Orlando). So, some of their staff are going to the other clubs, making things easier at those locations.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2021, 05:49:39 PM »
Just build a home gym. Your muscles don't care who's around when you lift. Besides, it only takes a half dozen exercises to get truly strong and buff.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2021, 05:58:10 PM »
Just build a home gym. Your muscles don't care who's around when you lift. Besides, it only takes a half dozen exercises to get truly strong and buff.

Matt didn't indicate whether or not he owns his own home. So, building a home gym might not be possible. I had my own "home gym" when I first got started. That is, if you count a riggity, narrow-upright bench with cement weights and collars for which you need an adjustable wrench to tighten.

Thankfullly, I got a membership to Bally Total Fitness for Christmas in 1991. I kept it (after my parents paid off the initial three-year contract), until Bally went belly-up in 2011.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2021, 06:05:43 PM »
Ok then= Matt - do you own a home and have room for a gym?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »
where r the tits 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2021, 06:24:30 PM »
I don't mean to bitch, but [starts to bitch in every post] maybe a proportional response to a pandemic's mortality rate may be more appropriate?  ::)

I'm going to drop to 160-lb to give myself a fresh template to start a clean bulk from. I'm going to then bring my weight up to 175-lb, which is realistically the biggest I can be while being pretty lean, without steroids, supplements, or a super strict diet.

And I will NEVER take for granted open gyms EVER AGAIN.

If Ontario premier Dough Ford is just teasing us again, I'm buying home gym equipment and being done with it.

What a mess.

To my American Getbig friends:

The USA and Canada are both in a race to the bottom for stupid Cancel Culture garbage. But your constitution is much stronger than Canada's bullshit "Charter of Rights and Freedoms" which promises us "reasonable" "freedom of expression".

"Reasonable"...that's so clear.  ::)

The USA has explicit protections for speech and guns, and when you hear that Canada's healthcare system is so amazing - don't believe it.

In the USA, the working poor suffer the most under the healthcare system. In Canada, anyone middle class and higher is worse off than Americans of the same economic class.

In Canada in 2003, Toronto had something like three lithotripters in the entire city, whereas I believe in Chicago [a similar-sized city] had something like 500. Something like that. You could walk into any Emergency Room in the USA at the time and receive immediate medical attention, whereas you would have to wait 3-6 hours just to get stitches in Canada.

Not to say either system is perfect [and both are suffering under batshit leftism, mass replacement level immigration, and Cancel Culture], but...I'm a bit jealous.

Looks like in a weird turn of events, Sweden was the most sane in 2020.  ??? Kwon and Van Bilderass would know.

I'm never going a day without working out EVER AGAIN. on my off days, I'll go just for cardio, just to ensure I stay in the routine.

Lots of lawsuits coming if we ever return to normal though...so I'm under no delusion that gyms will stay open.

Never believe a Canadian who complains about the USA. Without the USA's military support, Canada would fall in an afternoon.

I hope everyone here made it through this scam-demic ok. I've been lucky to have no issues aside from seeing some friends and family scared over nothing but fake news.

Drug overdoses in Canada went up 74% in 2020 - almost a full doubling of the WORST metric by which to measure drug use/abuse, leading me to believe every other form of drug use has increased. I was told that our suicide rate hit a record in 2020 too. Japan's suicide rate went up 16%.

Canada went into more debt in one year than in the previous 28 combined.

But we needed to "keep people safe" and all that.  ::)

My advice:

If you get sick - stay home, eat chicken noodle soup, and don't see Granny. Vince Goodrum did a good video on the vaccine which I suggest everyone watch.

I continue to stand my ground regarding anyone asking me where my mask is, but it's exhausting dealing with nutters who literally drive in their cars alone while wearing a mask.

Hoping everyone here is well. If I can maintain my gym access, you'll have my promise that posts will be kept to under 10,000 words, and that I won't derail threads and stuff.

Honestly, I would love to have a takeaway of how to go about just being better to my fellow person, but we've all been appeasing narcissistic leaders to the point of complete self-abasement. And they won't stop unless we push back. So I'm at a loss.

I'm hoping full facility use will open in time...but I'm not going to complain if not.

To my American Getbig friends: not all Canadians are a bunch of libtard, Trump-hating, freedom-hating anti-Americans, even though a bunch of outspoken Canadians are.

This was the first really good day I've had in a while, and I'm worried that things will just close again - but as someone here said, we can't stay scared over nothing for too much longer. Recall 9/11 - all the "Code Red" scares disappeared on 09/12/2002.

Be well.

I'm getting better reading your posts. I was able to get to the word "template", found it kind of funny and inappropriate and moved on.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 10:34:35 AM »
Matt dieting to 160 for a fresh template then bulking to 190?

Matt u cant be serious, youre implying that all the food in your life to take you to 175 was sub optimal , what bulk diet is going to bring you to 175 AGAIN and somehow be more superior than last diet?

Perhaps, he should go old-school and break out the Mega Mass 2000. Or, to spare his tummy the torture, a product like Lean Gainz by Betancourt Nutrition may work better.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 10:36:45 AM »
Perhaps, he should go old-school and break out the Mega Mass 2000. Or, to spare his tummy the torture, a product like Lean Gainz by Betancourt Nutrition may work better.

What was that Weider product... I think it was Chewable BIG Tablets.  You had to eat like 25 tablets at a time for an "anabolic boost".

(It was after he lost in courts about his Anabolic Mega Paks)..   It came in a bottle the size of a soda can and the tablets were like stall ass sweet tarts.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »
What was that Weider product... I think it was Chewable BIG Tablets.  You had to eat like 25 tablets at a time for an "anabolic boost".

(It was after he lost in courts about his Anabolic Mega Paks)..   It came in a bottle the size of a soda can and the tablets were like stall ass sweet tarts.

I think you meant "stale" (curse that auto-correct)  ;D

Weider had a whole lot of chewable tablets. Sugar-Free BIG was one of them. In fact, I think I have one of my old magazine from 1989 with those ads in them.

Edit - I found it. Muscle & Fitness, August 1989. It's an ad with Patrick Swayze guzzling down a shake, with Weider's weight-gainer products.

The gainers shakes were: Sugar-Free BIG, Dynamic Weight Gainer, Signature Line Dynamic Weight Gainer, and Crash Weight Gain Formula No. 7. The tablets were Weight Gainer chewables

Edit #2 - I found another ad for those other tablets in the same magazine with Rich Gaspari: Carbo Energizer, Dynamic Muscle Builder, Amino Assets, the aforementioned Weight Gainer chewables, and Sugar-Free Big.

I also found the "Anabolic Mega-Paks" ads, also with Rich Gaspari. I REMEMBER THIS ONE!!! It's the one where Gaspari talks about running out of his paks and it being too late at night to buy anymore. His parents didn't understand why he was going bonkers. But, only bodybuilders can truly appreciate taking supplements at exact times.

At the end of the issue lies an ad for Anabolic 2, with Gaspari yet again, This time, he said Anabolic 2 is what he needs for greater success in the 90s (Again, this M&F issue was in late '89).

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2021, 09:39:17 AM »
I was looking for an old advert for the mega-paks and a GetBig thread popped up

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=122215.0

This was in there - the brass neck LOL  ;D

T

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2021, 10:16:20 AM »
Along with all those ads for weight gainer/protein powder chewables and anabolic paks were Weider's home gym equipment.

Back then, it cost an arm and a leg. But, it would have been useful last year (and, in some places, this year) because of this coronavirus mess.

Thankfully, I had my old raggedy bench with the cement weights back in the day. Perhaps, I should try to find another one at a Goodwill or yard sale, just in case.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2021, 10:38:24 AM »
Oh for fuck's sake.  ::) That didn't seem like a long post as I was writing it.

Anyway, why do I have to go to an independent YouTube content creator to hear a critical exposition of the COVID vaccine?  ::)

So not ONE PERSON in mainstream has expressed these concerns?? Unreal.

Never forget the Veterinarian wouldn't take 2 doses of his own fucboi vaccine.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2021, 07:06:56 PM »
The same people who have "concerns" about the vaccine turn around and claim that not enough black or Latino people are getting the vaccine.

Here in Florida, they're whining that supposedly only old people in "red" counties are getting the shot.

The Sunshine state is open for business, open for gyms so you can hit the iron, and open for sports.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 07:52:03 PM »
I think you meant "stale" (curse that auto-correct)  ;D

Weider had a whole lot of chewable tablets. Sugar-Free BIG was one of them. In fact, I think I have one of my old magazine from 1989 with those ads in them.

Edit - I found it. Muscle & Fitness, August 1989. It's an ad with Patrick Swayze guzzling down a shake, with Weider's weight-gainer products.

The gainers shakes were: Sugar-Free BIG, Dynamic Weight Gainer, Signature Line Dynamic Weight Gainer, and Crash Weight Gain Formula No. 7. The tablets were Weight Gainer chewables

Edit #2 - I found another ad for those other tablets in the same magazine with Rich Gaspari: Carbo Energizer, Dynamic Muscle Builder, Amino Assets, the aforementioned Weight Gainer chewables, and Sugar-Free Big.

I also found the "Anabolic Mega-Paks" ads, also with Rich Gaspari. I REMEMBER THIS ONE!!! It's the one where Gaspari talks about running out of his paks and it being too late at night to buy anymore. His parents didn't understand why he was going bonkers. But, only bodybuilders can truly appreciate taking supplements at exact times.

At the end of the issue lies an ad for Anabolic 2, with Gaspari yet again, This time, he said Anabolic 2 is what he needs for greater success in the 90s (Again, this M&F issue was in late '89).

That's it!!!  Man some of those old magazine ads were gold.  It was before my time but I bought a lot of them at a garage sale once.   Just reading those ads for the first time....   and I thought MuscleTech ads were high on the bullshit and misleading claims.  LOL

The same people who have "concerns" about the vaccine turn around and claim that not enough black or Latino people are getting the vaccine.

Here in Florida, they're whining that supposedly only old people in "red" counties are getting the shot.

The Sunshine state is open for business, open for gyms so you can hit the iron, and open for sports.

There are a LOT of people here that are under 65 getting their vaccines.  Not counting myself because it was here at work, but at the end of each day if there are any extra left over, they will not turn anyone away just for being under 65.  They would rather vaccinate someone outside the loop than toss the extras in the trash.  My gf got her first one and goes back March 3 for her second one.  I've sent a few friends over to the site right before closing time and they have gotten theirs as well.  Once you get the first one, they will give you the second one with no problems.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2021, 08:56:40 PM »
That's it!!!  Man some of those old magazine ads were gold.  It was before my time but I bought a lot of them at a garage sale once.   Just reading those ads for the first time....   and I thought MuscleTech ads were high on the bullshit and misleading claims.  LOL

It was almost before my time too. I seriously started weight training in 1989.....June 22, to be exact (one month after my 16th birthday).

I forgot to mention the ad, claiming that in 2088 (approx. 67 years from now), bodybuilders will be using electro-magnetic rings, instead of barbells and dumbbells to build their muscles. But, they'll STILL be using Sugar-Free BIG.

I agree with the precise supplementation thing. But Gaspari made himself sound like a crack fiend in those ads.

There are a LOT of people here that are under 65 getting their vaccines.  Not counting myself because it was here at work, but at the end of each day if there are any extra left over, they will not turn anyone away just for being under 65.  They would rather vaccinate someone outside the loop than toss the extras in the trash.  My gf got her first one and goes back March 3 for her second one.  I've sent a few friends over to the site right before closing time and they have gotten theirs as well.  Once you get the first one, they will give you the second one with no problems.

Did you hear about the two gals in the 30s and 40s, posing as old ladies to get vaccines?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2021, 09:09:45 AM »
Hahaha! - gayer than lifting weights

Gayer than dropping to 160 lbs to start a clean bulk...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2021, 09:30:44 AM »
Gayer than dropping to 160 lbs to start a clean bulk...

Gayer than living in Ontario!

Gayer than having a rectum the size of a manhole-cover.

Gayer than wearing pink spandex while sipping on a tall glass of pink lemonade.

Gayer than peeling a banana with your mouth

Gayer than a cum bubble on a f@gg0t's ass

Gayer than Boy George and Elton John , spooning while watching Broke Back Mountain on 3D Blu-Ray DVD

Gayer than 2 big nosed Jews sharing a pastrami sandwich in a NY Deli

Q

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2021, 06:03:42 PM »
a gym in my area banned a woman that complained about people in the gym not wearing a mask, she even wears a mask during the zoom call with the reporter haha :D

E
E

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2021, 06:25:43 AM »
Q

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2021, 07:38:17 AM »
you know Katie was being way more insane about it than she says and got the boot. Good for the gym, she needs to mind her own fukin business

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2021, 07:39:54 AM »

Did you hear about the two gals in the 30s and 40s, posing as old ladies to get vaccines?

Yeah.... weird part is that they got their first shots....   they were automatically in que to be given the second ones.  No need for the deception. 

Honest to god, counterfeit vaccine cards are going to be the next big thing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2021, 10:34:08 AM »
Yeah.... weird part is that they got their first shots....   they were automatically in que to be given the second ones.  No need for the deception. 

Honest to god, counterfeit vaccine cards are going to be the next big thing.

You're probably right. We already have to deal with out-of-state folks, bum-rushing our borders to get the vaccine.

BTW, what did you think about the old Weider ad, about the future in 2088?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2021, 03:01:33 PM »
Gyms are expected to close again here next week.  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2021, 03:13:58 PM »

Time to break out the crates and the water jugs.....UNLESS there are enough home gyms left at Wal-Mart.

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2021, 03:26:27 PM »

Holy what a joke.