Author Topic: Best seats.....  (Read 2209 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Best seats.....
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:41:51 AM »
What's the closest you have ever sat at WWE or any other event?

Mine was 3rd row ringside. It was cool as you got to see wrestlers up close but it was a disaster as you constantly had people standing, standing on their chairs, running to the rail everytime a wrestler came out, etc. Personally, I prefer something close but where you have to look down so you can sit and chill. What's your opinions?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Best seats.....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:06:21 AM »
Back in the old days, I had front row ringside many times as a kid with the Mid-Atlantic.  Flair, Steamboat, Wahoo, etc....  It was great.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:01:56 AM »
I heard from a couple of people that if you sit first row ringside you can actually hear them talking.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »
I heard from a couple of people that if you sit first row ringside you can actually hear them talking.

Some of the less-polished wrestlers you can definitely hear communicating with one another. I used to get ringside seats at the Baltimore Arena in the early 90's WCW days. When Ron Simmons was the WCW champion. Main event was Simmons/Rick Rude.

Some of the undercard wrestlers you could hear stuff like, "throw me into the corner and raise your legs as I come chargin in.".....(a bit more abbreviated, but shit like that.)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
My favorite seat ever by far was in a box.

Privacy, comfort, a little waiter guy who brings you drastically overpriced beer, and all without the nuisance of hearing jabroni’s calling spots during their matches.

:)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 04:40:19 AM »
My favorite seat ever by far was in a box.

Privacy, comfort, a little waiter guy who brings you drastically overpriced beer, and all without the nuisance of hearing jabroni’s calling spots during their matches.

Private Boxes are phenomenal. I usually get those for Basket ball or Hockey games. Pretty steep money wise but you get unlimited food. You just have to pay for your booze.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »
Right at the back when WWF came to Sheffield, England back in 1994(?) I think.  Couldn't see much but it was awesome to be there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:43:38 AM »
I used to go ever single time the Federation came to Nassau Coliseum and MSG. Sat front row more times then I can remember. I've seen it live all over the US but nothing ever compares to Hulkamania running wild on a sold out MSG!
If anyone saw the hulkster back in the day at a live event, you would know what a real treat it was and how the building erupted when he came out. I can jsut imagine how MSG and even the Nassau Coliseum went nuts for the fed's biggest star back then.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 08:08:09 AM »
I attended my first WWF live event at the Baltimore arena in 1988.
It was a house show and Hogan wasn’t on the card, but I got to see Savage (then HW champ), British Bulldogs, the Powers of Pain (before they were shown on TV) Jake the Snake, Honky Tonk, and others. Funny because the main event (Macho vs. Honky) was, I think, the third match. Jake/DiBiase was on last. This was back when Vince liked running his main event earlier in the show to announce a buildup for the return match at the next show. I guess he figured people would be more concerned with getting to their vehicles and fighting the traffic than sticking around to hear about the return card if the main event was on last.

I never got to see Hogan live until he tagged with Shawn Michaels in 2005. Huge pop, but I don’t think it was the same as in the 80’s. They were in Pittsburgh that night, and the loudest ovation went to Kurt Angle when he won the world title.
J.C.! I thought those crazy Pittsburgh fukers were gonna riot!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »
I attended my first WWF live event at the Baltimore arena in 1988.
It was a house show and Hogan wasn’t on the card, but I got to see Savage (then HW champ), British Bulldogs, the Powers of Pain (before they were shown on TV) Jake the Snake, Honky Tonk, and others. Funny because the main event (Macho vs. Honky) was, I think, the third match. Jake/DiBiase was on last. This was back when Vince liked running his main event earlier in the show to announce a buildup for the return match at the next show. I guess he figured people would be more concerned with getting to their vehicles and fighting the traffic than sticking around to hear about the return card if the main event was on last.

I never got to see Hogan live until he tagged with Shawn Michaels in 2005. Huge pop, but I don’t think it was the same as in the 80’s. They were in Pittsburgh that night, and the loudest ovation went to Kurt Angle when he won the world title.
J.C.! I thought those crazy Pittsburgh fukers were gonna riot!

THAT WAS COOL IN THE 80'S AT MSG ,HOWARD FINKEL WOULD DO THE FOLLOWING MONTHS CARD,AND THE MAIN EVENT HYPE WAS GREAT FOR THE RETURN MATCHES,ESP LUMBERJACK,OR INSIDE A STEEEEEELLL CAGE.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
The TRULY good old days...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 02:33:19 PM »
Man, my dad used to take me and my brothers and friends all over Western NC to high schools and see all-time greats in matches that were better than most PPV matches now.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 05:10:46 AM »
The TRULY good old days...
I miss those days when you could go to a house show and get your money's worth. Now, you have to attend either a live Raw, Smackdown or PPV event in order to see wrestlers at their top performance. House shows now are horrible. Back then, guys like, savage, hogan, heenan, bundy, perfect, etc really put their heart and soul into each performance regardless if it was televised or not.