Author Topic: Partial Biceps Tendon Tear  (Read 14799 times)

untamedsense

• Getbig II
  • Bigger, Better, Badder!!!
Partial Biceps Tendon Tear
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:30:43 AM »
Just found out I have a partial biceps tendon tear...
Anyone with experience?  Rehab ideas?  Supplements for faster healing?
Thanks
Those who play with cats; expect to get scratched!

johnny1

• Getbig IV
Re: Partial Biceps Tendon Tear
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:15:26 AM »
Yes, physio and mostly stretching exercises, if you are past the acute stage (obviously you should be) i assume you have already iced it etc etc....now if you haven't already tried this stretching exercise do it....put your hand (the arm that's affected) straight down on the table then rotate it right around but keep yr palm flat on the table...lean gently push forward and hold for 10seconds (@ first its uncomfortable)....then release....then again 10 reps for 10 seconds each....several times a day....i did it and within roughly 3-4 weeks i had 80% movement back in 8-9 weeks i was pretty much on top of the Bicep tendon strain/partial tear i had....the key is CONSISTENCY like any injury....theres no quick fix rush it and i guarantee you will have problems.....and more problems hope this has been some help. 

Taylor

• Getbig II
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
I tore mine in june doing heavy strait bar curls herd the pop then dropped I'm just getting back to curling. It was a 42 percent tear . Were are you on your tear and how is it now ?and does it start to come down the arm again I think mine came down a little

Taylor

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 05:32:32 PM »
Injures suck

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
I tore my distal biceps tendon. in 2001 (the bottom part of the bicep) It was a 100% tear my bicep rolled up to the shoulder. Injuries to the biceps tendon at the elbow usually occur when the elbow is forced straight against resistance. I was deadlifting.

Rupture of the biceps tendon at the elbow is unusual. It occurs in only one to two people per 100,000 each year.  ( Like my luck ?) LOL  I had to have it surgical repaired. They cut me in the front of the bicep & behind just above the elbow. I was in a cast for 8 weeks and after  a year of rehab The best I could turn my wrist was in the handshake poision  couldn't turn it palms up ( if someone hands me change I have to take it in my right hand. Still like that to this day  ::)

Wish you the best!
Masters- 50-54
148#

Taylor

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 12:16:17 PM »
Man that sucks I hate to hear any one go under the knife. I think I was lucky cause it was not torn all the way. They told me 8 months till in full recovery I just want my look back one bie is slightly higher than the other and my days of heavy curling is over 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 02:36:01 PM »
I also had a complete tear of the distal bicep tendon.  The bicep rolled up to my delt. I had it repaired to by an orthopedic surgeon that only specializes in shoulder down repairs. He put two metal anchors in my radius bone and reattached the tendon. He said since it was fresh the tendon would reattach itself in time. Thought I would never be able to lift again.  Took about 6 months before I could lift again for upper body.  I know most would say it's only bicep but it effected my whole upper body. Started benching with a bar and curling 2lbs plates when I was able to move my arm. I remember my first attempt at a pull up.  I was petrified my bicep would rip off. My surgeon every visit would warn me about moving to fast in rehab.  When I did one pull up I was kind of in shock the repair held.  The only thing now is slight instability. If you have a partial tear I would think you should get it repaired. Stretching a tear is a mistake. A partial tear while lifting heavy is going to lead to a complete tear.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 05:21:24 PM »
Years ago I tore my bicep at the elbow on my left arm
I def have less shoulder external rotation on the left and my left wrist/forearm is bit tight
Take your time and do what the dr says exactly
w