Author Topic: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF SOUL CRUSHER CONTINUES...oil prices plunge, gas under $2  (Read 15890 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
You don't know what you are talking about ... no offense ... I work for Exxon Mobil ... you simply don't know what you are talking about. 

He is a 95er - forgive him for he knows not what he does

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama just keeps on kicking soul crusher's ass.....Gas prices are at their lowest level in over two decades...Americans are paying much much less for gas meaning more money in their pockets.....

That means that the economy is terrible. Your idol stated that high gas prices means that the economy is strong. So again, your lord is a failure.

Posted on February 15, 2012 Obama: Rising Gas Prices Means The Economy Is Strengthening

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/02/15/obama_gas_prices_on_the_rise_means_the_economy_is_strengthening.html

At a press event on the payroll tax cut yesterday, President Obama mentioned how extending the proposal would help Americans pay for gas as the price increases.

Obama attributed the growing price of oil to a strengthening economy which in turn means demand for oil increases.

"And when gas prices are on the rise again because as the economy strengthens, global demand for oil increases. And if we start seeing significant increases in gas prices, losing that $40 could not come at a worse time," Obama said.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
That means that the economy is terrible. Your idol stated that high gas prices means that the economy is strong. So again, your lord is a failure.

Posted on February 15, 2012 Obama: Rising Gas Prices Means The Economy Is Strengthening

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/02/15/obama_gas_prices_on_the_rise_means_the_economy_is_strengthening.html

At a press event on the payroll tax cut yesterday, President Obama mentioned how extending the proposal would help Americans pay for gas as the price increases.

Obama attributed the growing price of oil to a strengthening economy which in turn means demand for oil increases.

"And when gas prices are on the rise again because as the economy strengthens, global demand for oil increases. And if we start seeing significant increases in gas prices, losing that $40 could not come at a worse time," Obama said.

I don't see the point..Obama is right about what he said in the technical economic sense..........however the economy is doing great........so he gets the credit anyway......regardless of your spin

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
I'm usually ideally ~ 3 to 1 on equities to bonds in my taxable accounts, with some commodities and cash and usually a bit of paper real estate. I've been more like 20 to 1 stocks to bonds in recent times with rates being so low and the constant banter of how rates have to go up one way or another eventually. But any time I can sqeeze out a little more alpha without a huge amount of risk and further diversify, I see it as a positive overall.

In addition to the aggressive allocation fund I spend most of my time actively managing & that is pretty much anything goes (long / short, growth / value, options, high-yield bonds, commodities, cash, real estate, offense / defense, shortterm / longterm, etc) I also run a pretty conservative income fund consisting mainly of investment grade corporates and munis, and a pretty moderately conservative fund specializing mainly in equity dividend income and value, and perhaps some higher yielding investment grade corps and munis. I haven't touched treasuries in years.

Most client money is in the latter 2 funds, and all of my money (other than retirement SEP / IRAs) is in the aggressive fund.

I was up big through Q3, but I've come pretty close to flattening out in the last couple of months. In addition to liberal use of put options, I do dollar cost average with my own money, which helps some when things get crazy.

My retirement accounts (mainly better-managed mutual funds managed by others) did quite well in ’13, when I had far too much $ in cash, commodities, and shorts in my taxable accounts / aggressive fund.

you probably top ticked your sales in the energy names, cudos!

we dont do a lot of bond trading but run a low duration fixed income portfolio with a portion allocated to an inflation linked fund. we also run a liquid alts portfolio to help give us fixed income like returns with low correlation.

I heard alot about those puerto rico bonds a while back but we never really considered mainly b/c of the default risk but I did hear there were good deals to be had.

Getbig should have a financial services board!
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Biotech has really saved my arse this year, especially with energy falling out in the past couple of months  - Gilead, InterMune, Isis Pharma, Cubist Pharma, Medivation, LaJolla, etc. And trading the ebola drug makers in the last couple of months - Tekmira, NewLink, Sarepta.

I have long owned a fair amount of Gilead, which is a very fundamentally sound company. But most others I tend to buy lightly (buy the rumor, "sell the news", etc) with puts for protection, or perhaps just buy puts AND calls with no actual stock position. Usually long range. They almost always move substantially either up or down on news on clinicals, FDA decisions, M&A, etc. Cubist just got a bid the other day, and I sold after owning it since 11/13.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
This thread hasn't aged well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Damn a blast from the past…. Whatever happened to andre?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Damn a blast from the past…. Whatever happened to andre?

Probably ran off with Vissy after Goodrum broke up with him. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!