Author Topic: IroNat  (Read 292488 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: IroNat
« Reply #1025 on: August 08, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »
I was given a shoulder/lower back protocol to begin today and so...

15 sets of DB laterals with 5 lbs. each arm.  10 to 30 reps.
10 sets of bent over DB laterals with 5 lbs. each arm.  5 to 20 reps.
5 sets of standing "good mornings" with no weight.  Try for up to reps each set.

When I can complete these with the maximum number of reps per set I am allowed to move up in weight.  On
"good mornings" that means I will graduate to a weight of 5 lbs. ;D

I have to laugh at the poundage,  LOL!  But I must do this or have surgery and I really don't want to do that.   ;D  I come here and OT thread for inspiration.  Thanks!

To you, these may seem like baby steps or baby weights as the case may be, but success is the result of sensible caution. I wish you the best in your recovery. What were/are the issues with your lower back and shoulders?

Good mornings are one of my favorite exercises. I think it is because I have such long arms, they are easy for me to do. When I've done them as part of my routine at the gym, someone invariably makes a point to telling me how dangerous they are. I call bullshit on this. I'm nearing 80 years and my back is in great shape as far as not having pain. Of course my spine has compressed....but that's to be expected. If I live long enough, I'll probably be only 5' tall....like the incredible shrinking man  ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1026 on: August 08, 2021, 06:27:22 PM »
To you, these may seem like baby steps or baby weights as the case may be, but success is the result of sensible caution. I wish you the best in your recovery. What were/are the issues with your lower back and shoulders?

Good mornings are one of my favorite exercises. I think it is because I have such long arms, they are easy for me to do. When I've done them as part of my routine at the gym, someone invariably makes a point to telling me how dangerous they are. I call bullshit on this. I'm nearing 80 years and my back is in great shape as far as not having pain. Of course my spine has compressed....but that's to be expected. If I live long enough, I'll probably be only 5' tall....like the incredible shrinking man  ;D

I was injured when a co-worker and friend was about to be crushed when a rack with approximately 500 lbs. of stuff on it fell with him under it.  I am not much of a thinker so without thinking I got between it and him.  It hit me really hard and kind of crushed me but I was able to keep it off him so he could get out and then I pushed it up with my good leg and finally was able to push press it enough to get it off me and make it fall to one side.

I was all black and blue and bleeding but my good friend was okay.  He is really small and reminds me sometimes of John but John was smaller. My boss said i could not file for workers comp to help as he  didn't witness it even though my friend told him I kept  him from getting killed or hurt bad.  So time healed me but I was no longer able to do some things with my upper body that I took for granted.  My friend has two young children and a very loving wife.   That is enough for me.  My friend tells them he and I are brothers.  There is honor in that, believe me.

I have to get better as I don't want surgery because i died in the  first one and while I dont remember anything from that 3 minutes I don't want to have it happend again.  I need to be around a bit longer so i can retire so my family is better off when I am gone.  I know doesnt make much sense but remember I have mental problems.  I have stopped correcting my writing for now as i am tired and need to get ready for my medicines. Sorry for hte errors.

That was a great film you put the picture from!  Thank you for that memory, sir.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #1027 on: August 09, 2021, 03:34:01 AM »
You are a hero, Scott.

I think that was BS about the workmens comp.  Why would your employer have to witness it?

Did you talk to a workmens comp lawyer at the time?  Is it too late?

Your back and shoulder regimen is pretty intense.  That's a lot of sets!

Might be wise to start with less sets and gradually increase.  Food for thought.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1028 on: August 09, 2021, 04:40:04 PM »
You are a hero, Scott.

I think that was BS about the workmens comp.  Why would your employer have to witness it?

Did you talk to a workmens comp lawyer at the time?  Is it too late?

Your back and shoulder regimen is pretty intense.  That's a lot of sets!

Might be wise to start with less sets and gradually increase.  Food for thought.

Well thanks but my dad used to say a hero throws himself on a grenade meant for his team which I doubt I could summon the courage to do.  My friend and I laugh about it to this day. I never spoke with an attorney as I need my job and I took it at face value that I should not go there.  A lot of things tend to get overlooked and I was fortunate to use my own insurance when I fell from a roof down a construciton stair.  I was told that if worker comp declined it that was the way to go before they did just that.  They didn't decline my fall but it was not more than a couple of years after that when this happened and the last thing I wanted was to be in trouble for not thinking of my own "safety" as I was already handicaped by my leg and people said WC would want to know wha tpossesed someone like me into doing what i did.  I was told I had a year to file and there was no way I was going to do that,

As for the sets and reps for my shoulder therapy? You are correct.  I was NOT supposed to do that much right away and today I am really sore so I called the PT folks and as is often the case with my I somehow got confused.  Again.  I am to do 3 sets each of lower reps and gradually work up to what I did the other day.  This is what happens to me a lot.  I get confused.  I don't like to take anyone with me to the doctor or pt so I sometimes get confused. 

And to be honest your reply got me thinking and when I woke up so sore I knew you were probably right and so i called them at my lunch break. Thanks!

I know I made some mistakes writritng this but i am tired.  I was up a lot all night and got off work early and am just tired.  It isn't a good excuse but it is a good reason.  that is what my mom taught me when i was a kid.  :-)  Thanks to all!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1029 on: August 09, 2021, 06:13:00 PM »
I was injured when a co-worker and friend was about to be crushed when a rack with approximately 500 lbs. of stuff on it fell with him under it.  I am not much of a thinker so without thinking I got between it and him.  It hit me really hard and kind of crushed me but I was able to keep it off him so he could get out and then I pushed it up with my good leg and finally was able to push press it enough to get it off me and make it fall to one side.

I was all black and blue and bleeding but my good friend was okay.  He is really small and reminds me sometimes of John but John was smaller. My boss said i could not file for workers comp to help as he  didn't witness it even though my friend told him I kept  him from getting killed or hurt bad.  So time healed me but I was no longer able to do some things with my upper body that I took for granted.  My friend has two young children and a very loving wife.   That is enough for me.  My friend tells them he and I are brothers.  There is honor in that, believe me.

I have to get better as I don't want surgery because i died in the  first one and while I dont remember anything from that 3 minutes I don't want to have it happend again.  I need to be around a bit longer so i can retire so my family is better off when I am gone.  I know doesnt make much sense but remember I have mental problems.  I have stopped correcting my writing for now as i am tired and need to get ready for my medicines. Sorry for hte errors.

That was a great film you put the picture from!  Thank you for that memory, sir.

Wow! What a harrowing experience to go through. Thank goodness you had the strength to save your friend and coworker plus yourself. There is honor in your quick thinking and willingness to risk ruining your health or possibly ending your life to save someone else from the same.

Your boss was a liar and an asshole for convincing you that you would not qualify for workers comp. You must know that is not true. If you lost time from work, hopefully, your jerk boss made sure you got paid. And there must have been medical expenses, all of which would have been covered by worker's comp.

Who is John? I have a friend who is small and slight whose name is John. Reading that made me think of him. He's very strong for his size....but to look at him, you'd never guess this.

Knowing that you were dead for three minutes because of a surgery is enough to scare anyone from ever undergoing it again. So, I get that. What happened? Was it a fluke or is there good reason to believe this would happen if you were to ever to need surgery?

Nobody is better off when someone they love dies. Maybe you need to be able to work until you can retire and spend all your time doing whatever you enjoy doing.

In 2009, when I retired everyone at work wanted to know my plans. Honestly, I had no plans other than to wake up each day and do whatever I decided to. It didn't quite work out that way because for 6 years, I took care of my wife. Not begrudgingly though. Now that I can truly take each day as it comes, I'm bored a lot and not sure what I want to do. COVID has made this worse. I'd be a complete hermit if it weren't for the fact that my family lives with me, which requires me to interact with other people.

Take care of yourself. That is the best gift you can give those you love and who love you.     

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1030 on: August 09, 2021, 07:52:17 PM »
Wow! What a harrowing experience to go through. Thank goodness you had the strength to save your friend and coworker plus yourself. There is honor in your quick thinking and willingness to risk ruining your health or possibly ending your life to save someone else from the same.

Your boss was a liar and an asshole for convincing you that you would not qualify for workers comp. You must know that is not true. If you lost time from work, hopefully, your jerk boss made sure you got paid. And there must have been medical expenses, all of which would have been covered by worker's comp.

Who is John? I have a friend who is small and slight whose name is John. Reading that made me think of him. He's very strong for his size....but to look at him, you'd never guess this.

Knowing that you were dead for three minutes because of a surgery is enough to scare anyone from ever undergoing it again. So, I get that. What happened? Was it a fluke or is there good reason to believe this would happen if you were to ever to need surgery?

Nobody is better off when someone they love dies. Maybe you need to be able to work until you can retire and spend all your time doing whatever you enjoy doing.

In 2009, when I retired everyone at work wanted to know my plans. Honestly, I had no plans other than to wake up each day and do whatever I decided to. It didn't quite work out that way because for 6 years, I took care of my wife. Not begrudgingly though. Now that I can truly take each day as it comes, I'm bored a lot and not sure what I want to do. COVID has made this worse. I'd be a complete hermit if it weren't for the fact that my family lives with me, which requires me to interact with other people.

Take care of yourself. That is the best gift you can give those you love and who love you.   

I am not all that smart in many ways and as I said,  I need my job.  I did not take any time off from that injury so I guess I now have a bunch of scar tissue and whatever else went wrong in there.  When I retire I will see about getting them looked at and hopefully fixed as I will be old enough for SSA and that medical thing they have for older folk.    Prior to my surgery they have you verify you do not wish to be revived in the event your heart stops.  I said no as I already know all too well what it means to have a low IQ and did not wish to suffer that further than it already is, so I agreed to be left dead and told my wife and doctor just that.

After surgery and during a follow up visit my doctor (who later passed from cancer that he had while caring for me) told me I had died for about 3 minutes and that he was going to call it and cover me when my heart started beating again on its own and I began breathing too.   I do not recall a single thing and it is one of the troubling aspects of my once dear faith that I did not.  I have a fear of being even dumber...is that a word?  It frightens me no end as my injuries are responsible for my mental problems.  My brain has adapted to a great degree but somethings I cannot understand and they require explaining from family and friends.  To have people belittle you because you are genuinely "slow" can be painful, especially when you understand that you are slow.  But my parents did not let that stop me or them.  And John and to a greater degree my mother made certain I could communicate through writing.  John was known here as "Reeves:".  The smartest guy I have evern known and remember, pretty much everyone is smart to me!  ;) ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1031 on: August 10, 2021, 03:33:41 AM »
You are the Shakespeare of Getbig!

No way you are dumb, Scott.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1032 on: August 10, 2021, 06:21:12 AM »
Last 3 weeks were high volume 6-day split.
Now back to full-body with 12-15 reps, 2-3 days a week.

8/10/21

Ab crunch - 100
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15
Leg curls - 3x15
Stiff leg deadlifts - 3x12
Incline barbell press - 3x12
Incline db fly - 3x12
Close grip lat pulldowns - 3x12
Barbell rows - 3x12
Seated db press - 3x12
Rear db lateral raise - 3x12
Rear barbell shrugs - 3x12
Db trap row - 3x12
Barbell curls superset Tricep cable pushdowns - 3x12
Incline db curls superset Bent over cable tricep extensions - 3x12
1 leg calf raise - 3 sets max reps
Seated calf raises - 3x15
Ab wheel

1.5 hours.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1033 on: August 11, 2021, 03:44:13 AM »
8/11/21
Ab crunches - 100
Bike ride - 45 minutes
Neck harness & Neck plate front raise - 3x25

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1034 on: August 12, 2021, 06:08:07 AM »
8/12/21

Ab crunch - 100

Quads:
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15

Hamstrings:
Leg curls - 3x15

Chest:
Incline db fly - 3x12

Back:
Barbell rows - 3x12

Shoulders:
Seated db press - 3x12

Traps:
Seated db trap row - 3x12

Arms:

Calves:

Misc:
Plate pinch - 3x5
Ab wheel

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1035 on: August 12, 2021, 04:53:39 PM »
You are the Shakespeare of Getbig!

No way you are dumb, Scott.

I agree with you on this about Scott. If he truly believes what he says, he is mistaken. While sometimes annoying Scott's writing style is clever.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1036 on: August 14, 2021, 07:34:29 AM »
8/14/21

Ab crunch - 100
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15
Leg curls - 3x15
Incline db fly - 3x12
Barbell rows - 3x12
Seated db press - 3x12
Db trap row - 3x12
Ab wheel

80 minutes.  30-60 sec rests between sets.

later...
Plate pinch
Neck harness & Neck plate front raises - 3x25

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1037 on: August 16, 2021, 07:19:14 AM »
8/16/21

Ab crunch - 150
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15
Leg curls - 6x15
Incline db fly - 3x12
Wide grip front lat pulldowns - 3x12
Barbell rows - 3x12
Seated db press - 3x12
Seated rear db lateral raise - 3x12
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1038 on: August 18, 2021, 07:26:10 AM »
8/18/21

Ab crunch - 150
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15
Leg curls - 3x15
Stiff leg deadlift - 1x12
Incline db fly - 3x12
Barbell rows - 3x12
Seated db press - 3x12
Neck harness superset Neck front plate raises - 3x25
Block pinch - 5432111
Ab wheel
45 minute bike ride outside

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1039 on: August 20, 2021, 07:29:36 AM »
8/20/21

Ab crunch - 150
Seated db press - 3x12
Db trap rows - 3x12
Barbell rows - 3x12
Incline db fly - 3x12
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15
Leg curls - 3x15
Stiff leg deadlift - 1x12
1 leg calf raise - 50 reps each leg
Seated calf raises - 50 reps
Ab wheel

later...
Block pinch - 54321

Changed up the order of exercises.
45-60 second rests between sets.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1040 on: August 22, 2021, 06:24:25 AM »
8/22/21

Ab crunch - 100
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15
Leg curls - 3x15
Incline db fly - 3x12
Barbell rows - 3x12
Seated db press - 3x12
Stiff leg deadlift - 1x15
Ab wheel

later...
Block pinch - 3x5

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1041 on: August 24, 2021, 06:23:30 AM »
Ab crunch - 100
Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x15
Leg curls - 3x15
Incline db fly - 3x12
Barbell rows - 3x12
Seated db press - 3x12
Front barbell shrugs - 3x12
Ab wheel

later...
Block pinch - 3x5

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1042 on: August 26, 2021, 05:01:09 PM »
8/26/21

Chest, shoulders, tri's

Ab crunch - 100
Bench press - 3x10-15
Dips - 3xmax reps
Db rear laterals - 2x12-15
Rear barbell shrugs - 3x12-15
Tricep pushdowns - 3x12-20
Bent over tri extension - 3x12
1 leg calf raises - 3xMaxReps

Same workout more or less but going with a 2-day split for awhile.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1043 on: August 27, 2021, 06:21:41 AM »
8/27/21

Legs, back, biceps

Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 3x20
Barbell rows - 3x12
Incline db curls - 5x12
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1044 on: August 28, 2021, 06:46:19 AM »
8/28/21

Ab crunch - 100
Incline barbell press - 3x10-15
Dips - 2xMaxReps
Upright rows - 3x12
Db rear laterals - 2x12-15
Close grip bench press - 3x8-12
Tricep cable pushdown - 2x12-15
Neck harness & Neck plate raise - 2x25

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1045 on: August 29, 2021, 07:45:14 AM »
8/29/21

Squats - 3x12
Leg extensions - 2x20
Leg curls - 2x15
Barbell rows - 2x12
Barbell curls - 5x12
Pinch block - 5333
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1046 on: August 30, 2021, 06:34:58 AM »
8/30/21

Ab crunch - 100
Incline flyes - 3x15-20
Dips - 3xMaxReps
Seated db press - 3x12
Db rear laterals - 3x15
Barbell front shrugs - 3x15-20
Bent over tricep extension - 3x10-15
Db curls - 2x12

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1047 on: August 31, 2021, 04:26:52 AM »
8/31/21

Leg extensions - 5x20
Leg curls - 5x15
Db rows - 2x12
Barbell curls - 3x12
Db concentration curls - 3x12
Neck harness & Neck plate raises - 3x25 each
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1048 on: September 02, 2021, 08:17:25 AM »
9/2/21

Incline press - 3x12
Dips - 3xMaxReps
Upright rows - 3x12
Db rear laterals - 3x15
Close grip bench - 2x12
Lying db tri extensions - 3x15
Hammer curls - 2x12
Standing calf raises - 3xMaxReps
Ab wheel
later...
Bench press partials - 2x25

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1049 on: September 03, 2021, 06:12:37 AM »
9/3/21

Ab crunches - 100
Stick twists - 2 minutes
Leg extensions - 3x20
Leg curls - 3x15
Partial squats - 1x25
Partial bench press - 2x25
Wide grip front lat pulldowns - 4x12-15
Incline db curls - 4x12
Db concentration curls - 2x12