Author Topic: Would you like a nomad lifestyle?  (Read 6364 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Would you like a nomad lifestyle?
« on: October 17, 2021, 01:20:37 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Would you like a nomad lifestyle?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 02:07:43 AM »
No way.  A home base is essential.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 03:39:57 AM »
I’d say no, but I do see the appeal.  Generally, the stuff you own ends up owning you.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 05:21:14 AM »
I know this technically isn't what the OP was referring to, but we live on the outskirts of the City, so lots of parks, fields and forests - beautiful

But literally yesterday, we've had a horde of what we refer to in the UK as the 'Travelling Community' descend upon us, setting up camp in the nearby nature reserve.  There are already bags of human waste and Trailer Park Boys-style piss jugs dotted here and there...

T

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 05:29:55 AM »
Might be cool for short periods of time.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 06:00:14 AM »
 What this guy fails to mention, is that he chooses to live that lifestyle. Most people living out of cars and trucks aren't as tranquil in doing so.

It also helps that he probably has the money to buy whatever supplies he needs.

Nobody cares about people with money, choosing to live that lifestyle.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 06:05:26 AM »
No.

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 06:05:57 AM »
Will always be a dream of mine. Even if I think it will be hard to apply and do it... waiting for the right time and I know it may never come. I can do it tomorrow but my way of life is just as shitty as 99%... just following the money like retards.

My great great grand fathers were nomads and had a hard time transitioning to this stable normal life. My father used to tell me stories how the governement offered them great deals to just settle down but they always refused. They even built homes for them ( for free ) and instead of living there, they put their sheeps and furnitures in there and  slept in tents.

They used to travel through 4 countries. Now in this damn time we have restrictions over traveling between cities...

They used to stay wherever they want... they were in the hundreds and were always armed to protect themselves and their freedom. It's a good life, nothing like this toxic lifestyle we live in. I hope I'll get to live as a nomad once I'm 60yo, at least do it for a couple years.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 06:15:55 AM »
I'd rather live together with BayBGM than live as a Nomad
Q

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 06:18:11 AM »
I'd rather live together with BayBGM than live as a Nomad
I get your point, but I wouldnt. Not because Bay is gay, but because he seems too bossy and full of himself.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 06:27:51 AM »
its great until you get tooth ache

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 07:42:39 AM »

This in a nutshell.  Lots of dudes used to live in their cars in the parking lot of Gold's Venice in the late 80s.  The problem was getting sick, hygiene, access to running water, even though they had access to the Gold's showers and restroom.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 07:45:15 AM »

Or anal stitches!
Q

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 07:47:55 AM »
In theory yes absolutely I love looking at converted Sprinter Vans and small RV and old VW Buses and dreaming of travelling to national parks and far off destinations. In reality hell no I don't want to live in a Van

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 10:31:05 AM »
I’d say no, but I do see the appeal.  Generally, the stuff you own ends up owning you.
I'd rather be owned by my house than be shitting in the woods.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 11:31:27 AM »
no thanks... that shit is going to get old real fast

the guy only does this for youtube views obviously and he succeded

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 11:40:14 AM »
In theory yes absolutely I love looking at converted Sprinter Vans and small RV and old VW Buses and dreaming of travelling to national parks and far off destinations. In reality hell no I don't want to live in a Van

Not if you have something like a Dembell. There's 100k motorhomes big enough with all commodities

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 11:43:27 AM »
I know this technically isn't what the OP was referring to, but we live on the outskirts of the City, so lots of parks, fields and forests - beautiful

But literally yesterday, we've had a horde of what we refer to in the UK as the 'Travelling Community' descend upon us, setting up camp in the nearby nature reserve.  There are already bags of human waste and Trailer Park Boys-style piss jugs dotted here and there...

Travelling crime waves more like lol. They're worse for rural towns than county lines drug gangs setting up shop.

The no house lifestyle isn't really enticing. Even the rich gypos like Tyson Fury end up settling in homes when they get rich.

But some hipsters into the financial independence lifestyle are selling their houses and doing the nomad stuff. The main danger is if the markets tank or you get sick, a paid off house comes in handy.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 11:44:06 AM »
F

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 01:57:28 PM »

Hey I live on the beach in VW 1988 Kombi & is great, free councils showers,free outdoor gym,free coconuts, free girls .....................Lif e is a BEACH !.

I use 3 beach shacks as storages for my art colections or rent them for a mega coins to the Pirates of the Caribbean film crews  :D

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
Hey I live on the beach in VW 1988 Kombi & is great, free councils showers,free outdoor gym,free coconuts, free girls .....................Lif e is a BEACH !.

I use 3 beach shacks as storages for my art colections or rent them for a mega coins to the Pirates of the Caribbean film crews  :D
Do you honestly pull chicks living in an old Kombi?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 02:08:59 PM »
Do you honestly pull chicks living in an old Kombi?

Yes, until China Flu screwed backpackers, dozens of Euro girls loved to get into my Kombi  ;) 8)

(I don't live 365 days per year in VW, sometimes I go home or overseas)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »
Travelling crime waves more like lol. They're worse for rural towns than county lines drug gangs setting up shop.

The no house lifestyle isn't really enticing. Even the rich gypos like Tyson Fury end up settling in homes when they get rich.

But some hipsters into the financial independence lifestyle are selling their houses and doing the nomad stuff. The main danger is if the markets tank or you get sick, a paid off house comes in handy.

Yeah, we've got one of those 'NextDoor' community apps - normally buzzing with low key racism and complaints about 'kids of today', but it's gone mad with the arrival of our new Romany neighbours ;D

And I could see travelling the world for months at a time in a real luxury motorhome, but all year round..? :P
T

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 03:58:47 PM »
Yes, I could do it.

My wife wouldn’t want to and it isn’t my first choice.

I am migratory (snowbird) right now and feel this is the optimal way of life.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 04:26:09 PM »
[/youtube]

i see these types in anytime fitness in remote areas - like by the beach

seems like a cool life buts it’s just novel and diff - they seem like truck drivers, type who avoid others on purpose - i guess it’s cool if you’re an “autist” or have social probs

this dudes laughs too much for me - either on antidepressants or something - but not the life for me - shitting in a box and not knowing where the next shower is going to be is enough for me to pass