Author Topic: Papaya Enzyme  (Read 836 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Papaya Enzyme
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:27:31 AM »
Any truth to this?

You must dissolve the enzyme tablets in the buccal pouch (between cheek and gum). You will see that many papaya supplement instructions say to chew or swallow; it is well known that the enzymes are inactivated by stomach acids, and swallowing guarantees they will do almost nothing. The reason they instruct you to chew or swallow is most likely due to FDA regulations on supplements. Dissolve in buccal pouch for good absorption.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Papaya Enzyme
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 06:49:59 AM »
From my personal experience only, i would say NEVER try to dissolve meat dissolving enzymes in your mouth!!

I once tried it with bromelain, and it hurt like hell. The enzymes start to digest you alive, i was bleeding from several small wounds in my mouth, almost like drinking acid.

I would swallow them up, i think they work fine.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 01:43:01 PM »
READ THIS CAREFULLY!!!

Papain or bromalain which are the enzymes form papayas and pineapples only work when heated.  Mixing some beef with pineapple and leaving it in the fridge won't affedct the meat.  Cook it in the oven and it litteraly turns the meat to mush.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 04:24:33 AM »
READ THIS CAREFULLY!!!

Papain or bromalain which are the enzymes form papayas and pineapples only work when heated.  Mixing some beef with pineapple and leaving it in the fridge won't affedct the meat.  Cook it in the oven and it litteraly turns the meat to mush.

Mmmmm, beef with pineapple....