Author Topic: Sigh...my bench isnt going anywhere..  (Read 4137 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Sigh...my bench isnt going anywhere..
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »
you do 5 reps with 275 and only one with 285 ??? wtf  you are suppose to do around 300

Different people have different strength curves.  If I put an extra 20lbs on my 8RM, I can barely get a rep.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
Yeah just get a bottle of epistane and problem solved. 

i would bet 90% of the guys that shit on PH's take them

everybody says they suck ass but they sell tons of 'em...someone's  buying them

ASJChaotic

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 09:13:24 PM »
Drop sets, rest-pause, HIT, power sets, speed sets, low reps, moderate reps, high reps, dumbbell presses, barbell presses, incline, flat, decline, pre-exhaust, pushups, extended rest, relentless training, i have tried it all....

and STILL 225 for 4 is all i get on the bench press. what the fuck?

dumbbells i can get 95 for 8, which im pretty happy with. does this dumbbell press equate to my barbell? or does my barbell seem as though it should be higher based on my dumbbell presses?

lol stop it with all the drop sets, rest pause, HIT, push ups and other things
...put some heavy ass weight on the bar and lift it

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »
lol stop it with all the drop sets, rest pause, HIT, push ups and other things
...put some heavy ass weight on the bar and lift it

lol and stay stuck under it ??  :-X
G.M.W: King23's Army

ASJChaotic

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »
lol and stay stuck under it ??  :-X

no, a weight he can lift for a couple of reps, low, about 4 or so
and a good tip would be to never do wide grip flat bench presses
too dangerous, high risk of pec tear, do a power lifter like grip, close grip benches
i would say do inclines with normal grip, i have never heard of any one tearing their pec on the incline
i hope this comment saves a pec or two  :)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 09:39:55 PM »
Dude just have some super hot chick spot you on bench, you'll lift more.  If not it means you're teh gay. 

ASJChaotic

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »
lol jay cutler brings his wife to spot him
i guess he would rather look up to her than a sweaty ugly looking dude who is damn near hovering his family jewles over his face LOL

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 09:44:41 PM »
lol jay cutler brings his wife to spot him
i guess he would rather look up to her than a sweaty ugly looking dude who is damn near hovering his family jewles over his face LOL
Brutal heterosexuality by Cutler. 

ASJChaotic

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »
Brutal heterosexuality by Cutler. 

She's no Leroy 
COMMON DIESEL MAN! SQUEEEEEEEEZE YAAAAATESSSSSSS!  >:(
there was a great clip of them training on youtube but youtube is being teh gay and removing audio from all videos  :-\

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 02:56:06 AM »
switch to dips for awhile

i did, and haven't gone back.  it's also a useful way to get out of the question "how much do ya bench?"

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 03:14:33 AM »
Lift harder, pussy.

I was just about to post *push harder.. pussy* but you messed it up for me.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 03:31:24 AM »
3 words my friend

Plazmosis

where are the other 2?  ::)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 03:33:26 AM »
Drop sets, rest-pause, HIT, power sets, speed sets, low reps, moderate reps, high reps, dumbbell presses, barbell presses, incline, flat, decline, pre-exhaust, pushups, extended rest, relentless training, i have tried it all....

dumbbells i can get 95 for 8, which im pretty happy with. does this dumbbell press equate to my barbell? or does my barbell seem as though it should be higher based on my dumbbell presses?

try every bench workout to do one more rep than the previous, or just put 5 lbs more on the bar to rep out 3/4 reps, work your way up slowely, concentrate on weight forget about dropsets and such for bench, better yet, eliminate flat bench, the chest grows from inclines.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »
GetBig never ceases to amaze me..a guy gets on here asking for help with his bench and the only advice some of you guys can give is "lift harder pussy".....

maybe some of your problem is psychological....some people are secretly afraid to get under that weight and load it up because they are secretly afraid they will fail under the bar and get hurt or embarrassed...

I had that problem for a while...I wasn't willing to go over 135 for the longest because I was afraid but didn't realize it...one day I just decided to load up the bar and increase my weight no matter what happens....

after being stuck for a while at 135 I went to 185 in one day.....that was about two years ago....now I am at 275-285....hoping to get to 315.....I work without a spotter so I know if I had a spotter then I would be at 315 by now, but I am trying to do it on my own without a spotter...just my ego..

I admit I still get a litle scared under the bar....but you must push yourself psychologically or you won't be able to do it....contrary to what most of the guys on here say, there are VERY VERY few people (naturals) who can bench 315....I have only seen two people in my gym do it and I have been a member for four years...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 08:12:44 AM »

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »
GetBig never ceases to amaze me..a guy gets on here asking for help with his bench and the only advice some of you guys can give is "lift harder pussy".....

maybe some of your problem is psychological....some people are secretly afraid to get under that weight and load it up because they are secretly afraid they will fail under the bar and get hurt or embarrassed...

I had that problem for a while...I wasn't willing to go over 135 for the longest because I was afraid but didn't realize it...one day I just decided to load up the bar and increase my weight no matter what happens....

after being stuck for a while at 135 I went to 185 in one day.....that was about two years ago....now I am at 275-285....hoping to get to 315.....I work without a spotter so I know if I had a spotter then I would be at 315 by now, but I am trying to do it on my own without a spotter...just my ego..

I admit I still get a litle scared under the bar....but you must push yourself psychologically or you won't be able to do it....contrary to what most of the guys on here say, there are VERY VERY few people (naturals) who can bench 315....I have only seen two people in my gym do it and I have been a member for four years...
Mesomorph is a natural and he can rep 315 for an easy ten then hit 405 for one but really could get two. ::)
I am a big baby

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 08:26:17 AM »

1. work on the techinque

2 stop benching

3 start eating and eventually a cycle ( maybe thatțs all you can naturally do...although I highly doubt it )

4 start training your triceps ( bench is 1/2 tricep, 1/4 front delt,1/4 chest ... aproximately )

5 ask wolfie questions about it ( hețs the best pro bencher posting on getbig )

6 stop jacking off to buff guys ( it psyches you out aparently  :D )

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »
bench press once a week, good warmup then 3-4 sets 3-6 reps.  this is it.

do heavy close grip presses 2-3 days later, 3 sets 4-6 reps.

good luck.

simple but really effective.
monday/thursday.
asstropin

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 08:30:49 AM »

do you train at Curves?

PS if you are afraid to get under a bench you might want to try something else in your spare time

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:16 AM »
do you train at Curves?

PS if you are afraid to get under a bench you might want to try something else in your spare time
Another natty reppin 315?
I am a big baby

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 08:40:06 AM »
Another natty reppin 315?

Yep.

Sorry :P

go yell at your parents for giving you crap genes

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 08:42:38 AM »
Yep.

Sorry :P

go yell at your parents for giving you crap genes
let me guess 15 reps, no has to be 20 right? ::)
I am a big baby

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 08:44:57 AM »
Find your sticking point. Get some boards and work on pressing from that point. Definitely try this

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2009, 08:45:49 AM »
do you train at Curves?

you are so quick to criticize that you missed my point....yes I admit there was some fear and still is because I don't want to get hurt...like having the bar be too heavy for me and landing on my throat.....but I have been able to work up to 285 by pushing myself.......I think 285 is good weight for a nattie....

and no I do not train at curves..thanks for the sarcasm....I train at a hardcore neighborhood gym and regardless what all the supposed superlifters on here say, it is very difficult as a natural to get to benching 6 big plates (315 lbs).....takes lots and lots of work..especially if you do not work with a spotter and work out alone like I do....

the vast majority of guys on here cannot bench 315 and never will.....if that were easy to attain then everyone in the gym would be able to do so....most make it up to about 225 (4 plates) and can't or won't go any further

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2009, 08:45:52 AM »
let me guess 15 reps, no has to be 20 right? ::)

I weigh 240  asshead

If i couldn't knock out 315 for at least a few reps i would shoot myself for being a pussy.

Which is something you might want to look into :D