Author Topic: Andy Haman - RIP  (Read 22502 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Andy Haman - RIP
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2021, 04:34:42 PM »
so regardless what he ingested into his body,

how does one best NOT get blood clots?...

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »
Well the simple/stupid answer would be:
Have doc watch cholesterol and triglycerides
Have doc watch red blood counts (hemoglobin, hematocrit)
Do lots of walking and cardio
Don’t be overweight
Ask doc if you should take daily baby aspirin
Don’t rush to have surgery

Those would be a start.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2021, 05:02:56 PM »
Died on the table and all I got you was this lousy tshirt.

I trust your docs have addressed the cause?

Yup.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »

Don’t ever have surgery whatsoever

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2021, 09:08:34 AM »
Even in death, you cannot give him the benefit of doubt on his supposed 600 lb bench press video. Essentially, you are still implying it was fake. He's dead, what difference does it make now?

He told me in a roundabout way that it was fake, and only benched 315x20 at Dave Palumbo's Bros vs. Pros contest.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2021, 07:18:52 PM »

Tom, do you know anyone who died of COVID, or was even seriously ill from it?

I do not.

I actually don't know anyone personally who has even gotten it yet [only online].

My point is, only the extreme elderly are dying, or people one foot in the grave.

You sound like me, Tom - a hypochondriac. I can tell you - I am EXTREME hypochondriac. It is what it is. It probably helps me.

So let me just say - assuming you are a normal healthy man in your age group, the best hedge against getting a blood clot is just not having a blatantly horrible lifestyle.

Andy didn't die of steroids, he died of years of systemic abuse to his body from steroids and from being well over 250-lb, and in decent shape. It's hard to say, but it may be the being in decent shape consistently [and while over 40-45-50] that hurt him the most.

Don't fall into the trap of what I did for years, and see some guy your age pass away young and wonder why, when in reality, he had spent the past 10+ years of his life abusing needle-based drugs.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2021, 08:26:20 PM »
Tom, do you know anyone who died of COVID, or was even seriously ill from it?

I do not.

I actually don't know anyone personally who has even gotten it yet [only online].

My point is, only the extreme elderly are dying, or people one foot in the grave.

You sound like me, Tom - a hypochondriac. I can tell you - I am EXTREME hypochondriac. It is what it is. It probably helps me.

So let me just say - assuming you are a normal healthy man in your age group, the best hedge against getting a blood clot is just not having a blatantly horrible lifestyle.

Andy didn't die of steroids, he died of years of systemic abuse to his body from steroids and from being well over 250-lb, and in decent shape. It's hard to say, but it may be the being in decent shape consistently [and while over 40-45-50] that hurt him the most.

Don't fall into the trap of what I did for years, and see some guy your age pass away young and wonder why, when in reality, he had spent the past 10+ years of his life abusing needle-based drugs.

The count seems inflated because unless  you're George Floyd and you have anything else that's killing you, including a Mac Truck or a rogue Cop of Non-Colour, and the autopsy reveals Covid in your system, you died from Covid and NOTHING else.

FTN.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2021, 06:33:00 AM »
Matt, in reply to your question, 1) my niece's boyfriend's grandfather passed away from Covid and was in seemingly good health  at 60 years old, 2) my sister also 60 has it now but seemingly is recovering...

at my age, 56 at 5'9 and 220 pounds, lifting 3 to 4 times a week, cardio 2 to 3 times a week, eating pretty healthy, never smoking or drinking ever, much less anything else "harder", i guess i'll stick with my "test boosters" at my local supplement store and IF, i say IF i want to go more quote hardcore, i'll try some pro-hormones, before i ever if i ever do do any TRT....

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2021, 04:34:56 PM »
Those dangerous doctor's at work again!!
Poor guy. He never had a chance.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2021, 10:29:52 AM »
He benched 675 lbs, you guys mad?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2021, 03:56:31 PM »
Matt, in reply to your question, 1) my niece's boyfriend's grandfather passed away from Covid and was in seemingly good health  at 60 years old, 2) my sister also 60 has it now but seemingly is recovering...

at my age, 56 at 5'9 and 220 pounds, lifting 3 to 4 times a week, cardio 2 to 3 times a week, eating pretty healthy, never smoking or drinking ever, much less anything else "harder", i guess i'll stick with my "test boosters" at my local supplement store and IF, i say IF i want to go more quote hardcore, i'll try some pro-hormones, before i ever if i ever do do any TRT....

5'9" and 220 is really heavy for your height.  A big risk factor there.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2021, 07:45:27 AM »
was plastic trophies worth it ? only Andy can say....
K

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2021, 04:59:46 PM »

Beat me to it.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2021, 05:07:35 PM »
is my weight of 220 at a height of 5'9 really THAT heavy? what about cutler at 5'9 pushing 300! and full of gosh knows what!....

interesting in that my brother 5 years younger than me and the same height weighs about 180 (doesn't lift weights at all though) and i can't even fathom losing 40 pounds to be his weight! i think "where in the hell would i lose 40 pounds??..

besides, doesn't it matter if weight, any weight is more muscle than pure out of shape fat? doesn't body composition matter and the most factor?..

all i know is i currently lift 4 times a week (monday heavy upper body, tuesday heavy lower body, thursday light upper body, friday light lower body) and do cardio 3 times a week (riding a bike, stationary bike, elliptical machine 20 to 30 minutes each of my 3 cardio days) and speed walk 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after each 4 days a week lifting days and i eat pretty healthy and don't drink or smoke....

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2021, 05:12:38 PM »
Anyone that is 6 foot and under should be under 200 pounds to be considered “healthy” especially 45+ years of age

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2021, 06:31:49 PM »
as i was saying at 5'9 and 220 pounds i think my bodyfat % is around 20 to 25%.....

like to get down into the teens % year round, need to figure out how much weight to lose and maintain muscle at the same time... sure if i wanted to lose alot of weight, i would just do cardio every day....

i am thinking perhaps i need to do circuit training and just lift 3 days a week and do cardio as i've been doing 3 days a week as well....while i do want muscle, i want health just as much if not more...MAYBE i'll just stop doing "bodybuilding workouts" and do more strength training/cross fit workouts?...

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2021, 09:40:48 PM »

It all depends on the person. I'm 5'9' and stepped on the scale at 206 today. I ride a bike about 5-6 hours a week for sport, have a resting pulse in the high 50's, blood pressure always 120/80. I just did a ride today averaging 21 mph over rolling terrain on my bike. That's fit enough for me. My first race of the season is in 2 weeks and I'll be competitive.

You can have a very high functioning cardio system and still carry a bit of muscle. When I get lighter in the middle of summer it's because I have been racing a lot over longer distances and I lose muscle because I am concentrating on cycling, not lifting. I'll get to be 20 pounds lighter, yet i don't feel any fitter than I am at 205.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2021, 02:42:05 PM »
Weight to height is a bit of an over simplification. Waist measurement/stomach fat is a better gauge. Generally over 40" is when health turns to shit.

So you can be 5'9", 200lbs with a 34" waist and be in great health. You can also be 5'9", 180lbs with a 42" waist and have health issues because of it.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2021, 03:55:43 PM »
as i was saying at 5'9 and 220 pounds i think my bodyfat % is around 20 to 25%.....

That's borderline obese dude.

Your heart hates you.

There is no reason to ever be over 15% BF if you know anything about diet.

Have you had blood work done recently?

I'm 6' tall and once i hit 220-225 my BP skyrockets. I try to stay under 220 and around 12% BF. BMI says i need to be 160 but that's not happening. Leanest i've been in 10 years is 192 and i was shredded. Did intermittent fasting for 4 months to get there.

Remember guys like Jay Cutler are taking tones of meds to keep them safe, he is monitored by a doctor very regularly. Also, he will die very young. Just wait and see.

Bodybuilding is not worth destroying your health.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2021, 04:10:46 PM »
Weight to height is a bit of an over simplification. Waist measurement/stomach fat is a better gauge. Generally over 40" is when health turns to shit.

So you can be 5'9", 200lbs with a 34" waist and be in great health. You can also be 5'9", 180lbs with a 42" waist and have health issues because of it.

No one that is 5’9 weighing 180 is going to have a 42 inch waist

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2021, 04:59:51 PM »
No one that is 5’9 weighing 180 is going to have a 42 inch waist

There are plenty of skinny fat, pot belly men out there with this kinda build.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2021, 05:50:59 PM »
There are plenty of skinny fat, pot belly men out there with this kinda build.

He is 6’5

Show me someone that is 5’9 at 180 with a 42 inch waist

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2021, 07:34:13 PM »
He is 6’5

Show me someone that is 5’9 at 180 with a 42 inch waist

Look in the mirror

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2021, 07:46:53 PM »
well for those of you who want to know, as i said i'm 5'9 and weigh 220 pounds, and wear 34/35 inch size pants... i've been at this weight more or less give or take a few pounds over and a few pounds under for years and years now... i could eat 24/7 for a week or starve for a week and the weight stays around the same...as i've said before don't drink, don't smoke, and i DO DO cardio 3 times a week for 20 to 30 minutes not to mention the 10 minutes of cardio before and after i lift.....

would like to lose bodyfat, but it's the age old story... to gain muscle you have to eat, but if you eat, your not going to lose body fat, the old story you can't gain muscle (and thus weight?) and lose bodyfat  at the same time?....

unless, i'm wrong how can i gain muscle and lose bodyfat at the same time while having to eat to gain the muscle?...

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2021, 11:53:51 PM »

interesting in that my brother 5 years younger than me and the same height weighs about 180 (doesn't lift weights at all though) and i can't even fathom losing 40 pounds to be his weight! i think "where in the hell would i lose 40 pounds??..

besides, doesn't it matter if weight, any weight is more muscle than pure out of shape fat? doesn't body composition matter and the most factor?..

while i do want muscle, i want health just as much if not more...MAYBE i'll just stop doing "bodybuilding workouts" and do more strength training/cross fit workouts?...

You are working with some grade A material here Tom. Throw in I dont want to get to much leaner to really get these guys fired up.

20 to 25% bf LOL.

Continue trolling!