Author Topic: Why has bodybuilding been a magnet for extreme drug use and seedy sex fetishes?  (Read 6011 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That makes sense.

BUT, what prevents them from saying woah, I'm NOT doing all that just for a trophy?

I'm no genius, and a meathead that loves bodybuilding.
BUT, I said FUK NO, when it came to paying much $$ for a lot of drugs.
I wanted to compete and win, but I wasn't willing to sell out on everything to do it.

IF they say " Woah I won't do that for a trophy"  pro bodybuilding dies within weeks.

Who benefits from a huge oiled up bodybuilder flexing almost naked on stage ? when most people think is gross ...

So if you are willing to pay $$$ to go to a contest,prejudging expo,seminars etc. you probably won't mind heavy drug use,denial of health problems, vanity, insecurity, attraction to muscular bodies...and with those things prostitution comes alone, plain and simple ...no way you can mix drugs and naked bodies and "throw the family oriented event" in it .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
One more thing , DLB quest to prove she's such a talented world athlete is sickening and costing her a fortune ...for every penny she gets from Bodybuilding she's probably wasting a dollar....   she might no care right now...

But is a dead end ....One day she will realize it wasn't worth throwing away $$$ injecting male hormones, taking selfies in front of mirrow 24/7 in a social media world where any gym rat can get 1,000 on facebook on daily basis for free.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Beyeke

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
One more thing , DLB quest to prove she's such a talented world athlete is sickening and costing her a fortune ...for every penny she gets from Bodybuilding she's probably wasting a dollar....   she might no care right now...

Out of curiosity, what are you basing this on?
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Gayest thread of the new year...........

.......thus far.............go for it Howie!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Gayest thread of the new year...........

.......thus far.............go for it Howie!!

In the words of Betty Davis ; " You like me, you really, really like me" :D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
I like the training part and when I was younger and naive I loved the competition part and bought the magazines. I was lucky too cause I'm from Southern California and trained at golds Venice for a bit. But through friends and getting older I realized all the shit that goes on, drug use, liars, schmoes, homos, I lost interest. I don't follow bbing like I used too but do look at the results of the Olympia, that's it  ;D

It's just a lot of shady people and with Instagram and social media gaining lots of exposure through the yrs it brought out even more douches and every female thinks she's the shit

you were very lucky to train at the mecca, i think you should be more grateful

E
E

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Nohing except the sex fetishes are usually guy on guy ;D
Just HAD to ruin a good concept.............jeee ez

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
I knew  early on that bodybuilding was filled with extreme steroid use and attracted oddballs / schmoes with various sex fetishes .
I'm no prude or demand every bodybuilder be as pure as the driven snow, but c'mon.
I dabbled in a little vit S and have had my share of sexual adventures.
BUT being a synthol filled , walking pharmacy is crazy.

Why does such extreme freaky crap, always end up in/around hardcore BB?

Because weight training is the pursuit of amplified masculinity.  Sex…(oh who am I kidding) …FUCKIN’
 is a manifestation of amplified masculinity.  If you like girls, the way you play with them is amplified.

If you are bisexual or gay, then playing with men in an “amplified” way is manifested.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I knew  early on that bodybuilding was filled with extreme steroid use and attracted oddballs / schmoes with various sex fetishes .
It was always my misguided hope that serious bodybuilding would be a wholesome, healthy, legitimate "sport".

The last straw for me , was seeing DLB's worn Olympia posing suit for bidding sale on EBAY.
WTF? !  

I'm no prude or demand every bodybuilder be as pure as the driven snow, but c'mon.
I dabbled in a little vit S and have had my share of sexual adventures.
BUT being a synthol filled , walking pharmacy is crazy.

Why does such extreme freaky crap, always end up in/around hardcore BB?

Aren't you almost 60?

And during all this time the "last straw" ::) happened barely last week with a pair of used posing trunks sold on eBay?

I'm sorry Howard you're a good dude and all but I gotta call bullshit on that one.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
I think transcendance accounts for the sacrifices, etc., that bodybuilders do to win a title. They transcend their ordinary selves and become Mr America, Mr Universe or even ordinary Mr Olympia.

Those titles mean a hell of a lot and explain what so many do in the pursuit.  What was Joe thinking when he cheaped the Mr Universe title?

A typical guy starting out lifting weights would never dream about shaving body hair and posing on stage in briefs. When the muscle size comes that is when things change.

I don't know what sexual deviations Howard is talking about. I thought the pros had reduced libido from all those drugs? Not the women who are the opposite!

Jayel

• Getbig III
The mayor  ;D

Haha, now that's a creepy looking dude.. First time I've noticed the dude tied up in the background too? Fucken sicko! And wearing a signed t shirt of Jay hitting a front lat spread when the Mayor doesn't look like he's lifted a weight, ever  :-X

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
I think transcendance accounts for the sacrifices, etc., that bodybuilders do to win a title. They transcend their ordinary selves and become Mr America, Mr Universe or even ordinary Mr Olympia.

Those titles mean a hell of a lot and explain what so many do in the pursuit.  What was Joe thinking when he cheaped the Mr Universe title?

A typical guy starting out lifting weights would never dream about shaving body hair and posing on stage in briefs. When the muscle size comes that is when things change.

I don't know what sexual deviations Howard is talking about. I thought the pros had reduced libido from all those drugs? Not the women who are the opposite!

.   Ever taken 500-1000 mg of androgens?  Sex drive is almost constant, except when you're totally exhausted.  

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Bodybuilding is grounded in insecurity and inferiority complexes, only elevated with behaviors that fill 'voids' ...bigger muscles equals better 'man', this is very easily correlated into other areas of life...doing drugs to feel better, risky sex acts to gain pleasure....unfortunatel y many realize too late in life that they wasted their prime years sweating it out with other dudes, practicing posing routines or debating if Arnold should of won the 1980 Mr. O. Good thing for getbiggers, they dont work out.  ::) ::) ::) ::)
L

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
The cost of drugs and clean food is very expensive.  Add in the cost of travel, gyms etc... and the payouts at contests sucks asshole.  Guys spend anywhere from $30-50K a year to win a $10,000 first place check.  They need to make money somewhere.