Author Topic: A pit bull terrier mauls a five-year-old girl to death  (Read 18710 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
A pit bull terrier mauls a five-year-old girl to death
« on: January 01, 2007, 05:23:58 AM »
Girl killed by pit bull terrier

A five-year-old girl has been killed and her grandmother seriously hurt by a pit bull terrier at the family home on Merseyside.

Ellie Lawrenson was mauled to death and Jackie Simpson, 46, suffered serious injuries in the attack in St Helens.

Ms Simpson, who is recovering in Whiston Hospital, managed to lock the dog in a run outside the home in Knowles House Avenue, Eccleston.

The pit bull terrier was destroyed by police following the attack on Monday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6222319.stm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I hope the dog was tortured within an inch of its life before being killed.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: A pit bull terrier mauls a five-year-old girl to death
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:17:08 AM »
Pitbulls should be eradicated as a breed and made illegal. They are savage beasts who's only purpose is to kill and mame.
$

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 07:30:02 AM »
Pitbulls should be eradicated as a breed and made illegal. They are savage beasts who's only purpose is to kill and mame.

I agree to some extent.

The simple fact of the matter is that this breed attracts no-hoper's, losers, low life's, wannabe gangster types, which in turn bring out exactly what there were originally bred for.

Anyone with modern sensibilities cannot refute this. Bad boys, wannabe gangsters don't keep golden retrievers.

People should accept the sacrifice of banning this breed IMO. They should accept that the value of the lives saved by banning this breed is greater than keeping the breed legal.

Of-course many dog lovers will jump in this thread claiming all responsibility lies on the hand of the owner and the breed is infact very nice.  I'm not refuting that Pitts are anymore aggressive than over breeds. That is NOT my point. I would love any lover of this breed to refute the FACT* that there's a correlation between the social demographic of the owners of this breed.

*Anyone who starts refuting facts should be sent to the funny farm.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 07:31:57 AM »
I hold the same opinion about assault weapons being used outside of the realm of law enforcement or military. There's no practical point to them. They are purely for killing. 
$

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 08:47:19 AM »

Kill on sight.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 09:57:28 AM »
I have been attacked by a couple of dogs and they were not pits. I could go out and say that all German Shepards should be erradicated but I wont because it is not true to say that a certian breed is more prone to being violent it all depends on how they were raised. I will not dispute the fact that pits draw alot of gangsta wanna be types, all I am saying is that if any dog is raised to be like that then that is what they will be no matter if its a poodle or a pit bull. I do think that people should have to register pits or any other "vicious" dog and they shouold be checked up on a little more.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »
 We allow people to carry guns and some owners are about as responsible as children. We let rapisits, murderers, pedophiles and other unsavory characters out of jail well before their full sentences are carried out, if they get prison time at all. BUT we decide that banning and destroying any dog breed that even looks like its bred for fighting is a great idea?

Im all for getting rid of an individual dangerous dog that has proven itself to be a threat but when are we going to extend the same philosphy to human scumbags?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 12:56:23 PM »

Oh, and kill all the wannabe gangsters on sight, too.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 01:40:08 PM »
Oh, and kill all the wannabe gangsters on sight, too.

ok uncle tom ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »
I don't really understand the appeal of keeping vicious breeds like pitbulls.. I can see that body88 is a nice dude who loves his dog and doesn't keep it to boost his ego, or to look tough. But this can't be said about the majority of pitbull owners who are a bunch of dumbass wannabe gangsters. They have no reason to keep the animal other then to look tough and gangster.  ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »
I don't really understand the appeal of keeping vicious breeds like pitbulls.. I can see that body88 is a nice dude who loves his dog and doesn't keep it to boost his ego, or to look tough. But this can't be said about the majority of pitbull owners who are a bunch of dumbass wannabe gangsters. They have no reason to keep the animal other then to look tough and gangster.  ::)

Exactly... pretty depressing.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 02:49:24 PM »

yea that is pretty sad. You always see that a wannabe gangsta' with a pit bull like that makes them look tough. what an idiot

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »

What an exagerated comment. There are hundreds of thousands of people that own this type of dog in America alone. Compare that to the small amount of horror stories you hear about. The scale tips in favor of the dog and owner.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 03:29:50 PM »
What an exagerated comment. There are hundreds of thousands of people that own this type of dog in America alone. Compare that to the small amount of horror stories you hear about. The scale tips in favor of the dog and owner.

How so? Millions of people own golden retrievers and other dogs and you never horror stories about them.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 03:38:31 PM »

Yeah, you dumbass. 

Suffice it to say, there are *far* more owners of sensible breeds than there are of these 'thug dogs', yet I've never heard a single case where a Golden Retriever or Chocolate Lab mauled a kid to death.

On this issue, you're an idiot, Bindare.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 03:51:34 PM »
There are lab and golden retriever attacks on people... they may just be less publicized.  That woman who had the face transplant last year... the dog that chewed her face off was a chocolate lab.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »
There are lab and golden retriever attacks on people... they may just be less publicized.  That woman who had the face transplant last year... the dog that chewed her face off was a chocolate lab.

The circumstances under which the French women had her face mauled are very different from Pitt attacks. Do your research into the background about her case.

And of course you can find exceptions to the rule, BUT... the ratio at which Pitts viciously attack, kill etc must be higher than a lab.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 04:02:25 PM »
Well, not that I'm defending anything. Just saying other breeds attack too... especially when provoked by kids, etc.  I was attacked by a pit bull, sort of, a few years ago, so totally not defending anything. His teeth went right through a sheepskin jacket and ski sweater and drew blood. It knocked me right over the hood of a car. I think it was because I had a big red gym bag hanging off me... and the retard (literally, it was the owner's mentally challenged cousin) walking the dog had it on an extra long lead. Luckily I had dogs so knew enough to stay calm and managed to get it off me.  If I had been a kid or an old person, it probably would have got me. That's how strong the little bugger was. Wasn't put down either...

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 04:07:56 PM »
I've just looked at some statistics online.

You should google for pit bull statistics and deaths by dogs generally.

You will find pit bulls are WAY over represented. Especially because the statistics I looked at didn't take into account the ratios of the breeds, just the number of attacks.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 04:16:11 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6222319.stm

It seems the owner had previously been warned about the dog's behaviour. Pity he couldn't heed that warning.

There needs to be a change in the law for dangerous breed dogs. If you wanna own one then great, go for it. When it attacks someone then you will be charged with attempted murder or murder if your dog kills a person. Maybe that will deter the moron element that's attracted to these dogs!!

The little girl that was killed

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 04:18:36 PM »
I agree to some extent.

The simple fact of the matter is that this breed attracts no-hoper's, losers, low life's, wannabe gangster types, which in turn bring out exactly what there were originally bred for.

Anyone with modern sensibilities cannot refute this. Bad boys, wannabe gangsters don't keep golden retrievers.

People should accept the sacrifice of banning this breed IMO. They should accept that the value of the lives saved by banning this breed is greater than keeping the breed legal.

Of-course many dog lovers will jump in this thread claiming all responsibility lies on the hand of the owner and the breed is infact very nice.  I'm not refuting that Pitts are anymore aggressive than over breeds. That is NOT my point. I would love any lover of this breed to refute the FACT* that there's a correlation between the social demographic of the owners of this breed.

*Anyone who starts refuting facts should be sent to the funny farm.
That's not a solution.  These losers will move onto other dogs that 'look' aggressive and complement their 'hardcore' outlook on life.  i.e. Rottweilers.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 04:26:38 PM »
That's not a solution.  These losers will move onto other dogs that 'look' aggressive and complement their 'hardcore' outlook on life.  i.e. Rottweilers.

Or this one, a barkless African breed of dog, that is responsible for more fatal attacks (percentage/ratio) in the US today than pit bulls are. Fortunately not many people own them, yet.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 04:32:15 PM »
A 15 year old kid in Tennessee was attacked by 12-15 Pits last week. They chased him down a road and were chewing him up. I saw video of it and he gashes all over his arms, legs, body, neck and stitches all over. Kid is lucky to be alive.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 04:51:47 PM »
A 15 year old kid in Tennessee was attacked by 12-15 Pits last week. They chased him down a road and were chewing him up. I saw video of it and he gashes all over his arms, legs, body, neck and stitches all over. Kid is lucky to be alive.

I know it's not funny but I got a mental image of this poor lads face running from a load of dogs bricking it.. I'm sorry it made me chuckle.

Seriously though, why the fuck were 15 pitbulls allowed to be roaming the streets? which begs the question why would somebody want to own 15 of these dogs/ you'd imagine that owning one wouyld keep you busy enough

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »

Pit Bulls are not a vicious breed though.  They can be abused and turned vicious, but they are not by nature a human aggressive dog, they  were bred to not have ANY human aggression.  I understand that many dumbasses abuse the abilities of this dog, but they are one of the most popular breeds in america, if not  THE most popular breed.  This is a situation that could have been avoided, but the OWNER did not respond to a situation as he should have.  he was warned about the dogs behavior and did nothing.  The owner should have taken action, but didn't. 

I know i can come up with statistics about pit bulls being safe till we're both blue in the face and you won't change your mind, you'll just remain ignorant and close minded.