Author Topic: Josh Howard's ignorant-ass comments about our national anthem - "Obama '08"  (Read 7014 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Personally I can NOT stand that star spangled banner shit myself...Even though I love Whitney Houston's version of the song. What is there to be patriotic about a country that has been on a MURDEROUS SPREE for centuries???? How about the recent killing of 1.5 MILLION INNOCENT Iraqis? ALL FOR SOME WHITE GREEDY JEW BASTARDS IN THE OIL INDUSTRY. What about the millions of Iraqi and Afghans sent into refugee status over americas fake ass war? I laugh now as WALL STREET collapses down to SHIT...lets see where the jew and whites go? To the roof of the building to jump off hopefully... And if america is so concerned about patriotism why are the returning soldiers being treated like shit, being denied benefits and even now a young Hispanic man who supposedly jumped on top of a hand grenade to protect his troops is being DENIED a medal of honor....YOU POOR PATRIOTIC IDIOTS...believing all that bullshit about america. You need to educate yourself on how america achieved all that it has.

The man has his GOD GIVEN RIGHTS to express what so ever displeases him...PUBLICLY AND PRIVATELY... If you don't like it then don't listen.
agree with you 100 percent.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Quakeroats, where do you live?  We already know that Sampson hates the US and lives in the UK, what about you?

In responce to your "or maybe you should just mind your own business" comment:
Just as Howard has a right to utter his anti-american and idiotic comments which offends many of us, I have a right to criticize him for being an as-hole.

I find plenty to criticize in this country as well, but those that care help in any small way they can to continue changing it to become better.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Quakeroats, where do you live?  We already know that Sampson hates the US and lives in the UK, what about you?

In responce to your "or maybe you should just mind your own business" comment:
Just as Howard has a right to utter his anti-american and idiotic comments which offends many of us, I have a right to criticize him for being an as-hole.

I find plenty to criticize in this country as well, but those that care help in any small way they can to continue changing it to become better.
i live in the midwest, i'm just tired of all this whiney politically correct pusssiness coming out when someone simply states their opinion, if you don't like it, ignore it.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Re: Josh Howard's ignorant-ass comments about our national anthem
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 10:04:07 AM »
I bet he thinks his ignorant ass was 'helping' Obama.  What a jackass.  

This is what happens when we do not teach our young people about the Struggle.  For him to live in Texas and run his mouth like that...let's just say I'll be very surprised if he's there at the end of this next NBA season.  
ISNT THAT WHAT A TYPICAL BLACK VOTER IS RIGHT NOW FOR OBAMA THEY DONT KNOW WHY THEY ARE VOTING FOR HIM JUST THE FACT THAT HE IS BLACK.............

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Josh Howard's ignorant-ass comments about our national anthem
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »
ISNT THAT WHAT A TYPICAL BLACK VOTER IS RIGHT NOW FOR OBAMA THEY DONT KNOW WHY THEY ARE VOTING FOR HIM JUST THE FACT THAT HE IS BLACK.............

So you're saying that all blacks cannot think for themselves?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
The man has his GOD GIVEN RIGHTS to express what so ever displeases him...PUBLICLY AND PRIVATELY... If you don't like it then don't listen.

No, sir - that freedom is NOT God-given, although some of our God-Country guys might agree with you. 

The freedom to say what you want is guaranteed by our Constitution, which was given to us by man.  More importantly, it is PROTECTED for us by men and women. 

That said, what you must must must understand is that freedom of expression is a two-way street.

People cannot control what he said, but he cannot control how people choose to react.  If I don't like what he said, I have EVERY right to condemn him for his remarks. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
No, sir - that freedom is NOT God-given, although some of our God-Country guys might agree with you. 

The freedom to say what you want is guaranteed by our Constitution, which was given to us by man.  More importantly, it is PROTECTED for us by men and women. 

That said, what you must must must understand is that freedom of expression is a two-way street.

People cannot control what he said, but he cannot control how people choose to react.  If I don't like what he said, I have EVERY right to condemn him for his remarks. 

HELLO STUPID...You just re-affirmed what I said

His right to express his opinion is GOD GIVEN and the constitution protects this GOD GIVEN right. NO MAN OR WOMAN gave any man THE RIGHT to speak or to say what he or she wishes. If a person wishes to rebut what someone says that is alright...but when calls are made to SILENCE someone or to punish the person or act upon what someone said is not only a violation of the GOD GIVEN rights, but also a violation of the man made constitutions authority to protect that GOD GIVEN right that person has.

YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED A COURSE IN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
C

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
HELLO STUPID...You just re-affirmed what I said

His right to express his opinion is GOD GIVEN and the constitution protects this GOD GIVEN right. NO MAN OR WOMAN gave any man THE RIGHT to speak or to say what he or she wishes. If a person wishes to rebut what someone says that is alright...but when calls are made to SILENCE someone or to punish the person or act upon what someone said is not only a violation of the GOD GIVEN rights, but also a violation of the man made constitutions authority to protect that GOD GIVEN right that person has.

YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED A COURSE IN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW

The authors were (for the most part) intelligent men who knew that presenting the Constitution as a 'God-mandated/God-inspired' document would give it far more authoritative appeal to the masses. 

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Well said Tre.

dutchmanart

• Getbig III
  • There's a time and a place for everything.
Tre-well spoken.

You can't make any sense to someone who doesn't even have a fuking clue.

As far as Josh Howard, I for one couldn't care less about what comes out of his mouth.  It's obvious tht he has a brain the size of a field mouse.

Josh, Go smoke another joint and STFU you ass clown.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
A million hard-working Blacks brought down by the ignorant statements of one should've-been-aborted jackass...

Sure, not every black person in America is going to be impacted by his words, but somewhere, there's a white person taking a sideways glance at a young black boy who just walked into his shop to buy some milk for his mother. 

But even more important than what some Whites are thinking right now is what is going through the minds of many BLACKS out there who consider NBA athletes to be heroic figures.  He plants or reinforces the notion that it's 'cool' to be unpatriotic and disrespectful towards a country that grants you to opportunity to earn a million dollars a month playing basketball.

I'm unhappy and I demand Black Outrage over this.  So far, I have seen two black sportswriters condemn him, but I want more.

A lot more.

The problem with things like this and what Artest said a month ago is that right or wrong there is a stigma attached to young black males as being lazy, ignorant, drug dealer, etc, etc.  And like you said when a young black male becomes successful he is looked up to by the black youth.  If he or any rapper says these things the impressionable youth will think it is okay to say as well.

Then the white successfull population, who are just looking for an excuse to condemn the black youth culture gets to say "I told you so" and thus black people take a step backwards.

It's just like when idiot white people like Kramer or the Dog make rascist statements.  It gives the black populace ammunition to continue to view all white people as closeted rascists.

Either way we all loose ground.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
agree with you 100 percent.

Shut up you fat greasy trailer trash rag head
X

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
Only in America people get all bent out of shape over a dumb Athelte making ignorant ass comments, but yet praise the president as he wipes his ass with the Constitution.. GO figure

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
A million hard-working Blacks brought down by the ignorant statements of one should've-been-aborted jackass...

Sure, not every black person in America is going to be impacted by his words, but somewhere, there's a white person taking a sideways glance at a young black boy who just walked into his shop to buy some milk for his mother. 

But even more important than what some Whites are thinking right now is what is going through the minds of many BLACKS out there who consider NBA athletes to be heroic figures.  He plants or reinforces the notion that it's 'cool' to be unpatriotic and disrespectful towards a country that grants you to opportunity to earn a million dollars a month playing basketball.

I'm unhappy and I demand Black Outrage over this.  So far, I have seen two black sportswriters condemn him, but I want more.

A lot more.

Well, you're sure not going to get a lot of black outrage on this board.  Why don't you try preaching this same message on allhiphop.com and see how many will catch your drift.