Author Topic: What songs/music/bands were you listing to when you first started working out?  (Read 5478 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
For me it was Alice n chains,STP,soundgarden,and tool.....

the 1st and 2nd albums of all these bands take me back to the massive amount of overtraining I was doing the first year I lifted.....I had a boombox haha and would put these cd's in and blast that shit for hours while I lifted....
DAWG

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
I "listing" to lots of stuff.
HAHA, RON.....

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
They didn't have music when I started, we just beat sticks on rocks!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
DAWG

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
My first gym played only Top 40 so there was a lot of Backstreet Brothers and Britney Spear.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
My first gym played only Top 40 so there was a lot of Backstreet Brothers and Britney Spear.

oh that sounds like hell....unfortunately the gym I've been frequenting lately isn't much better...
DAWG

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Prodigy and some rap. These days whatever the gym is playing which is usually garbage but sometimes they have electro house pumpin

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
For me it was Alice n chains,STP,soundgarden,and tool.....

Great taste in music there friend  8)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
Prodigy and some rap. These days whatever the gym is playing which is usually garbage but sometimes they have electro house pumpin

ever heard of mobb deep.?.One of the rapers in the group is named prodigy And there first album came out when I was early into lifting...I was listening to them and Nas first album as well back then...
DAWG

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
kidzbop, of course.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
Great taste in music there friend  8)

thanx bro....yea I gotta tell you those early songs by those bands are it for me...they take me back to a simpler time before kids,mortgage and responsability.....ah the ol days...
DAWG

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.

Sabbath, CoC, Slayer, Pantera, Zep, and a few other rock and rap records got tons of play in the weight room.

Club and top 40 for cardio work.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
rush, boston, zeppelin, ac/dc

i am old.  ;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
ah shit...I forgot about pantera....they got alot of play on my heavy days...
DAWG

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
ever heard of mobb deep.?.One of the rapers in the group is named prodigy And there first album came out when I was early into lifting...I was listening to them and Nas first album as well back then...

I mean the industrial electro Prodigy, not the rapper Prodigy although I know who that is. The Prodigy i'm talking about has been out since the late 80's early 90's

big L dawg

• Getbig V
I mean the industrial electro Prodigy, not the rapper Prodigy although I know who that is. The Prodigy i'm talking about has been out since the late 80's early 90's

yea I knew who u was talkin about.It just made me remember the other one....
DAWG

slicksta

• Getbig II
ACDC - Jail Beak

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Rainbow, Dio, Scorpions, Triumph, King Kobra, Omen, Yngwie, Ozzy, Twisted Sister, Crue, Venom, Slayer, Ratt, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth and tons more....

Ahhhh....good ol' 80's metal.

Buncha kids 'round these parts.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Rainbow, Dio, Scorpions, Triumph, King Kobra, Omen, Yngwie, Ozzy, Twisted Sister, Crue, Venom, Slayer, Ratt, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth and tons more....

Ahhhh....good ol' 80's metal.

Buncha kids 'round these parts.

nah, rap is pretty much for kids IMO. I cant justify listening to the same shit 16 year old kids are listening to while yelling "thug life!" lol

House and trance are cool. That metal music was cool at one time but it's just so old now

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
nah, rap is pretty much for kids IMO. I cant justify listening to the same shit 16 year old kids are listening to while yelling "thug life!" lol

House and trance are cool. That metal music was cool at one time but it's just so old now

I dont listen to rap now but back in late 80's I would pump up some NWA, Too Short, Ghetto Boys, Public Enemy.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
I dont listen to rap now but back in late 80's I would pump up some NWA, Too Short, Ghetto Boys, Public Enemy.

that was some good stuff back then.

Too Short...lol Freaky Tales.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
The Academy of Saint Martin in the Field.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word

yea NWA and Public enemy I listened to also from time to time

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'

That's the stuff I listened to 28 years ago when I first started working out.

Stuff I listen to for working out now is Five finger Death Punch, In Flames, Black Label Society, Opeth, Asphyx, Soilwok, Hypocrisy, Kamelot, Machine Men, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Necrophagist, Evergrey, Daath, Amorphis, Primal Fear, Kataklysm, Nile, Pain, Carcass, Scar Symmetry....blah blah.  Usually something that rocks, or is fairly aggressive; from power metal to death.

When not working out I listen to virtually any form of music.