Author Topic: Fat burners and psychosis  (Read 1010 times)

bodybuildermdpitt

• Getbig II
Fat burners and psychosis
« on: March 12, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
I know a lot of bodybuilders here would do anything to lose body fat. I just feel, as a physician it is my job to warn you guys about a dangerous drug that will hit the US markets very soon (I am thinking feb 2009). The most scary part is that it is going to be legal. It has been known since the advent of SSRIs, that blocking the 5-HT receptor will cause weight gain. However, activating 5-HT receptors will cause MASSIVE fat loss, without many systemic side effects (except for one which i will talk about later). The only reason I am bringing this up is that I perform gastric reduction procedures on a regular basis and I am in contact with many pharm reps dealing with weight reduction. HOWEVER, what this idiot pharm rep failed to mention is that the 5-HT receptor activation is the same receptor that many street drugs interact with, including COCAINE (perhaps one of the most abused street drugs in America). After doing some simple pub med research, I was shocked to learn that in 5 to 10 percent of the experimental group, psychosis with positive visual and auditory features, was found. What is even more interesting, 90% of the experimental group showed some features of schizoaffective disorder!! Which is similar to shizophrenia without many of the required DSM - IV criteria not met. Given the fact that most bodybuilders are more than willing to use sythroid for weight loss, I don't think it is a stretch to see them using 5-HT agonists after receiving advise from these so called gurus of bodybuilding. Trust me, messing with your own neuropharmacology for fat loss is just not worth it! If you don't believe me, look at the cure rate of schizophrenia (which is actually 0%!!)

cheers,

bodybuildermdpitt

ps.. I hope I don't get too much heat for talking about bodybuilding on getbig  :)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
Re: Fat burners and psychosis
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »
Good post, thanks for the concern.  Now do us all a favor and tell us about something everyone at Getbig is concerned about!   BEE POLLEN!!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »
And what about the efficacy of FlexSpray?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »

I'm sorry, what was the name of the drug again???

Worst case scenario, we'll stack it with haldol  ;)
just not good enough