Author Topic: Kurt Angle to return to WWE???  (Read 9491 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Kurt Angle to return to WWE???
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »
According to the man himself:

"I can't say when. My (TNA) contract is up in September and I've left my options open. I'm very happy in TNA. Dixie Carter has treated me very well and always been there for me. But, I can't lie to myself anymore. I can't lie to TNA or WWE. Yeah, there is that desire to go back. I just don't know when. It could be this year. It could be next year. I don't know when."

He wants to engage in a feud with Bryan or Punk, they would be great great matches if he was physically up to the task.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Kurt Angle to return to WWE???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »
If he's going to do it, he'd better not wait too much longer. On that note, Angle has always been in PHENOMENAL shape!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »
If he's going to do it, he'd better not wait too much longer. On that note, Angle has always been in PHENOMENAL shape!
Angle was always worth the money.  Very talented. Thing is he has it made with TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
Angle was always worth the money.  Very talented. Thing is he has it made with TNA.

I think Kurt had a little more "freedom" in dealing with his personal issues there, as well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 06:06:21 PM »

I think Kurt had a little more "freedom" in dealing with his personal issues there, as well.
And a far less workrate.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure most guys here would find a program of Kurt and Brock to be very cool.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 01:59:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure most guys here would find a program of Kurt and Brock to be very cool.

They had some excellent matches around 2003-ish. I thought their Iron-Man match on Smackdown was fantastic!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:09:26 AM »
I don't know that Kurt will be willing to work a full-time WWE schedule. Perhaps that will be something they negotiate. Personally, I think Kurt is one of the greatest talents to work in a ring. If it meant prolonging his career, I think it's in the best interest of fans and the company to grant him some leeway.

Kurt's been in TNA for a good time, now. If he's eyeing the prospect of working with some fresh talent, then I doubt he has plans on retiring anytime soon. With some of the other "older" talent Vince has been signing, Angle seems like a most logical choice!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »
I don't know that Kurt will be willing to work a full-time WWE schedule. Perhaps that will be something they negotiate. Personally, I think Kurt is one of the greatest talents to work in a ring. If it meant prolonging his career, I think it's in the best interest of fans and the company to grant him some leeway.

Kurt's been in TNA for a good time, now. If he's eyeing the prospect of working with some fresh talent, then I doubt he has plans on retiring anytime soon. With some of the other "older" talent Vince has been signing, Angle seems like a most logical choice!
I would pay to watch Angle wrestle.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:53 PM »
I would pay to watch Angle wrestle.

Fed fans would pop for Angle!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »
With Kurt, Brock, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger, you can make a strong case that's the best group of amateur wrestlers ever in the WWF/E.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:19 AM »
With Kurt, Brock, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger, you can make a strong case that's the best group of amateur wrestlers ever in the WWF/E.

That's one hell of a talent pool for Angle to work with.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 02:49:29 AM »
Dolpph IMO is severely under rated. He can wrestle a broom stick and make the broom stick look good.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 03:01:36 AM »
Other sources suggest Angle would not pass the wellness test and might be relegated to a trainer but would definitely like to see

DB vs Angle
Punk vs Angle
Angle vs Lesnar rematch

Lots of possiblities

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 04:28:27 PM »
Other sources suggest Angle would not pass the wellness test and might be relegated to a trainer but would definitely like to see

DB vs Angle
Punk vs Angle
Angle vs Lesnar rematch

Lots of possiblities

Shortly before Brock left the Fed for football, he and Kurt were said to have had an impromptu amateur match backstage, and Kurt mopped the floor with him fairly quickly?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 07:18:18 AM »

Shortly before Brock left the Fed for football, he and Kurt were said to have had an impromptu amateur match backstage, and Kurt mopped the floor with him fairly quickly?

I heard this too.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 07:26:05 AM »
Never heard that one. Kurt is a real olympic greco roman wrestler so I can see it happening.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 10:41:42 AM »
Yeah thats a quite famous story which has never been refuted by anyone, Angle wrapped him in knots. Man if he had entered MMA he could have been something really special, as it is he chose to play fight and make himself a multi millionaire icon ;)

I recall watching an interview with Kurt some years ago where he stated categorically that if you put Lesnar - who at that time was mid 20's, juiced, 100% healthy and unstoppable - in a cage match, a street fight or a bar brawl there was nobody that could take him. Pre diverticulitis, i would have to agree. He was never the same but that man was something else in the early years. Yet i think Angle could have achieved more in his prime simply because he would have been the best wrestler to ever make the MMA transition IMO.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 05:02:06 PM »
Never heard that one. Kurt is a real olympic greco roman wrestler so I can see it happening.

I discussed that story with my buddy years ago. He wasn't the least bit surprised, saying that OF COURSE an Olympian would mop the floor with a collegiate wrestler. He had a point.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 05:11:31 PM »
Yeah thats a quite famous story which has never been refuted by anyone, Angle wrapped him in knots. Man if he had entered MMA he could have been something really special, as it is he chose to play fight and make himself a multi millionaire icon ;)

I recall watching an interview with Kurt some years ago where he stated categorically that if you put Lesnar - who at that time was mid 20's, juiced, 100% healthy and unstoppable - in a cage match, a street fight or a bar brawl there was nobody that could take him. Pre diverticulitis, i would have to agree. He was never the same but that man was something else in the early years. Yet i think Angle could have achieved more in his prime simply because he would have been the best wrestler to ever make the MMA transition IMO.

I'm honestly perplexed as to why Kurt never jumped over to MMA. He most certainly would have been a force to reckon with. Whatever his reasons , they must be very good.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 05:26:10 PM »

I'm honestly perplexed as to why Kurt never jumped over to MMA. He most certainly would have been a force to reckon with. Whatever his reasons , they must be very good.
Why mess up a good thing. Hes made sick coin with both WWE and TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 05:31:34 PM »
Why mess up a good thing. Hes made sick coin with both WWE and TNA.

True. I just can't help but wonder how far MMA would have taken him with his skill and its boom in popularity.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 05:36:15 PM »

True. I just can't help but wonder how far MMA would have taken him with his skill and its boom in popularity.
He wouldve fizzled out fast. You get banged up way harder. Your career span is 3-5 years at most.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 05:37:44 PM »
He wouldve fizzled out fast. You get banged up way harder. Your career span is 3-5 years at most.

I'm amazed he's held up this long in the pro ranks.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:42 PM »

I'm amazed he's held up this long in the pro ranks.
Not me. Angle is a true athelete at heart.