Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman Comeback Confirmed for 2010  (Read 41869 times)

MuscleSportMag

• Getbig I
  • Hands-on coverage of bodybuilding and pro sports
Ronnie Coleman Comeback Confirmed for 2010
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:21:25 PM »
I interviewed Ronnie Coleman on my radio show and he confirmed that he is coming back to compete in the 2010 Mr. Olympia. He said that he just made up his mind "a few days ago"

He was hoping to compete in this year's show but his travel commitments were too much and wouldn't allow him to have the proper time to prepare.

He further stated that any talk of him tarnishing his legend is nonsense and that he does this "for fun."

Ronnie was very open and candid and a pleasure to speak with.

Although he may not be the same Ronnie of old, a professional like him will make sure that he is in the right condition for this. The way he looks during his guest posing routines is not an indication of contest shape.

Coleman further stated in the interview that the time off (especially to recuperate from his back surgery after the 2007 Olympia) will be an advantage for him.

Hey, listen. If you never had the opportunity to see Ronnie on stage at the Olympia, then this is would be a chance to see a legend on his own turf.

Everyone is expecting the worst. I don't think that will be the case. This is not going to be Babe Ruth on the Boston Braves.
musclesportmag.com

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Ronnie Coleman Comeback Confirmed for 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 08:43:06 AM »
Jeez. He really should pack it in. He has nothing to prove anymore.

Except for an ever expanding gut...
I hate the State.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »
Did he smoked crack before that interview?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 07:17:55 PM »
Not sure if he can do it, but I actually look forward to Ronnie coming back

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 05:50:19 AM »
He also last year confirmed that he'll do the 09 Arnolds and the 09 German and Dubai GP. ::)

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
Isn't it funny how when a person like Ronnie is the champ everyone puts them on a pedastal and you only hear good things about them for the most aprt but when they retire they are "washed up" or need to pack it in as one guy put in his post. Ronnie is, was and always will be world class. I hope he competes if that is what he wants to do. If anyone knows how to put a winning physique together it is him. ALways makes a show interesting when a legend decides to compete, remember when Lou Ferrigno made his comeback in the 1992 Olympia (I think that was the year) and the hype that brought. Made the show fun and refreshing to watch.

zemo

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 04:38:47 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ronnie's comeback is probably BSN's marketing trick. Ronnie sells and if he is to return, this sells even more.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 01:17:13 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ronnie's comeback is probably BSN's marketing trick. Ronnie sells and if he is to return, this sells even more.

could be

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 06:19:07 AM »
Isn't it funny how when a person like Ronnie is the champ everyone puts them on a pedastal and you only hear good things about them for the most aprt but when they retire they are "washed up" or need to pack it in as one guy put in his post.

We all respect Ronnie and seeing him up there, getting beaten by fridge cutler and the other substandard mass monsters doesn't entertain. 

All you're talking about is hope, hope that he'll dominate again.  When that doesn't happen, you'll be disappointed like the rest of us. 

Those who talk about him being washed up are just being practical. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »
We all respect Ronnie and seeing him up there, getting beaten by fridge cutler and the other substandard mass monsters doesn't entertain. 

All you're talking about is hope, hope that he'll dominate again.  When that doesn't happen, you'll be disappointed like the rest of us. 

I don't think we will be disappointed if he doesn't win..we would admire him for trying.....the only time a person should be counted out in bodybuilding is if a bodybuilder continually loses in third tier shows...like a Mark Dugdale for instance......it's not worth taking the gear, insulin, GH, etc to come in third,, fourth, or fifth in a third tier show with guys like Ronnie Rockel, Federov, Armin Smoltz, etc ....why risk your health for that???...

Ronnie is still a top tier contender...if two guys come in off and Cutler keeps getting worse as he has been, then you never know...Ronnie could place second..which would be great for him....

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 07:49:40 PM »

I don't think we will be disappointed if he doesn't win..we would admire him for trying.....the only time a person should be counted out in bodybuilding is if a bodybuilder continually loses in third tier shows...like a Mark Dugdale for instance......it's not worth taking the gear, insulin, GH, etc to come in third,, fourth, or fifth in a third tier show with guys like Ronnie Rockel, Federov, Armin Smoltz, etc ....why risk your health for that???...

Ronnie is still a top tier contender...if two guys come in off and Cutler keeps getting worse as he has been, then you never know...Ronnie could place second..which would be great for him....

I get where you're coming from but I'm sure you can see how it is disappointing to many to see him in a diminished state.  I guess it comes down to this, would you like to see Chuck Liddell fight again?  I wouldn't.

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 08:08:07 AM »

I beg to differ, I think every show is entertaining regardless of who wins as long as the competitors come in shape and give it thier all, I happen to like the physique Jay Cutler has put together over the years as well as Ronnie and I would be no less entertained if my favorite competitor doesn't win as long as the winner is in shape. Regardless of placings which can be argued till we are all blue in the face these guys are up on stage for a reason and that is what is entaining to see, many great competitors putting thier hard work on display for us fans to see. I think every competitor on stage is a winner in some way and deserve alot more $ and respect for thier efforts.

I would be more dissapointed in watching a competition where the winner isn't in peak condition versus the second or third place guy, Ronnie is one of my all time favorites but in the 2000 Olympia (I think I have the date right??) I truly feel that Kevin Levrone brought a leaner more impressive physique and should have won but he didn't and I didn't enjoy the show any less.

Stating someone is washed up is not practical, it is judgemental and if you consider any competitor that doesn't place first or second every single show "no matter how many they have previously won" washed up then why have competitions at all? These guys love what they do and bust thier asses to get to where they are and competing is a way for them to show case the work the put into it regardless of placings. But hey, just my opinions and what do I know. Just how I see things as a fan.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 09:32:19 AM »
if he makes the top 15 the fix is in...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »
I beg to differ, I think every show is entertaining regardless of who wins as long as the competitors come in shape and give it thier all, I happen to like the physique Jay Cutler has put together over the years as well as Ronnie and I would be no less entertained if my favorite competitor doesn't win as long as the winner is in shape. Regardless of placings which can be argued till we are all blue in the face these guys are up on stage for a reason and that is what is entaining to see, many great competitors putting thier hard work on display for us fans to see. I think every competitor on stage is a winner in some way and deserve alot more $ and respect for thier efforts.

I would be more dissapointed in watching a competition where the winner isn't in peak condition versus the second or third place guy, Ronnie is one of my all time favorites but in the 2000 Olympia (I think I have the date right??) I truly feel that Kevin Levrone brought a leaner more impressive physique and should have won but he didn't and I didn't enjoy the show any less.

Stating someone is washed up is not practical, it is judgemental and if you consider any competitor that doesn't place first or second every single show "no matter how many they have previously won" washed up then why have competitions at all? These guys love what they do and bust thier asses to get to where they are and competing is a way for them to show case the work the put into it regardless of placings. But hey, just my opinions and what do I know. Just how I see things as a fan.

agreed

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 05:31:15 AM »
ROnnie has been saying he's coming back every since his last O - FIXED ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »
the olympia is always better when there is a story to tell.....before it was whether Cutler could finally beat Ronnie.....or how long could Ronnie hold on??....after Cutler finally won, there was no more story to tell......

Now it will be can Ronnie make it to the mountaintop one more time....it's makes things interesting again

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »
Win?haha yea!He won't crack the top 10..
DAWG

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 10:33:15 AM »
Win?haha yea!He won't crack the top 10..

there are a lot of questions about the Olympia.....a lot of guys like Branch and Wolf are fading....so is Cutler....Kai is moving up and Dex can't get any better.....Vic is a question mark.....he is injury prone and will he be into training after what happened with his sister?.....The X-man Freeman just can't seem to make it to the elite level...Ronnie could do well if he trains hard and if he has gotten over the nerve damage

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »
there are a lot of questions about the Olympia.....a lot of guys like Branch and Wolf are fading....so is Cutler....Kai is moving up and Dex can't get any better.....Vic is a question mark.....he is injury prone and will he be into training after what happened with his sister?.....The X-man Freeman just can't seem to make it to the elite level...Ronnie could do well if he trains hard and if he has gotten over the nerve damage
Ronnie will never do it, he is a nice guy but guest posing for money now

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »
you're probably right, but you have to admit it piques your interest..and it will bring out all the Ronnie fans again......I guess the Ronnie V.S. Dorian thread will go to over 2000 pages now

all we need now is a comeback by Nasser....then GetBig would absolutely go crazy

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 01:23:23 PM »
you're probably right, but you have to admit it piques your interest..and it will bring out all the Ronnie fans again......I guess the Ronnie V.S. Dorian thread will go to over 2000 pages now

all we need now is a comeback by Nasser....then GetBig would absolutely go crazy
yea lets bring NASSER back too

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
Isn't it funny how when a person like Ronnie is the champ everyone puts them on a pedastal and you only hear good things about them for the most aprt but when they retire they are "washed up" or need to pack it in as one guy put in his post. Ronnie is, was and always will be world class. I hope he competes if that is what he wants to do. If anyone knows how to put a winning physique together it is him. ALways makes a show interesting when a legend decides to compete, remember when Lou Ferrigno made his comeback in the 1992 Olympia (I think that was the year) and the hype that brought. Made the show fun and refreshing to watch.

I agree.

Pat

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 09:34:46 AM »
his mudshark took all his money so he need come back.
asstropin

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 06:19:47 AM »
his mudshark took all his money so he need come back.

Or maybe Ronnie continued to live large and ran out of money. 

Prob a combo of both.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »
Or maybe Ronnie continued to live large and ran out of money. 

Prob a combo of both.

nope..none of the above.....Ronnie has money up the wazoo.....he still has his big contract with BSN and he is guest posing all over the place......and that's a lot of money as well with expenses paid....

In his mind, Ronnie still thinks he is the Mr. Olympia.....he looks around and he says to himself that every single person in the Olympia HE HAS BEATEN ALREADY......so he figures why not try to reach the mountaintop again???

he would have won again if it wasn't for the lat tear.....if that is healed he may think he has a shot at getting the title back since like I said he has beaten every single one of those guys many times over