Author Topic: Biggest assholes I have met in bodybuilding....  (Read 66758 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Biggest assholes I have met in bodybuilding....
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2019, 12:02:31 AM »
I`ll tell the Lou story tomorrow for you guys.

This was before he was known ansywhere ou of NYC was just a teen or possibly 20-21 yeasr old.

Yes,he was even a jerk at that age!  :D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »
The only asshole I have met is Lou. A huge disappointment and especially when nobody has anything good to say about him.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2019, 12:30:51 AM »
The only asshole I have met is Lou. A huge disappointment and especially when nobody has anything good to say about him.
Yup,a complete tool to people and acts like he`s better than everyone else.

How ya been Booty.................ho pe all is well with you and yours.

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2019, 01:17:19 AM »
Biggest assholes:
Lou Ferrigno
Kevin Levrone
Paul Dillet
Sandy Ranalli (complete bitch)

That`s all I got.

Met a helluva lot of great people in the sport.........far more good than bad.

Why Levrone and Dillet?

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2019, 01:22:53 AM »
Josh Lenartowicz probably one of the nicest I've met. Dude is the epitome of a gentle giant. Softly spoken, very genuine and wholesome. Lee Priest is a funny fucker, pretty crasss but still a good guy. Most guys are pretty nice in my experience (Branch, Jay etc). Had limited, but only positive interactions with Palumbo. I've never had a bad experience with a real pro, only the amateurs who have chips on their oily shoulders for some reason unbeknownst to me.

Don't like the way Chris Cormier conducted him after his client, Breon was dethroned in Classic. He should be ashamed of himself.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2019, 01:35:38 AM »
Calling BS on Haney.

Yeah...that one threw me off...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2019, 03:16:14 AM »
Why Levrone and Dillet?
I was doing a contest in Rochester N.Y. and Levrone was the guest poser................... .he din`t do anything to me pesonslally,but backstage he was loud,obnoxious,brash,and just seemed like a totalasshole.

Just my impression of him as I avoided him intentionally.

Dilllet same way,Ft. Lauderdale Fla. fucking huge guy but acted like his shit didn`t stink................... ..kind of arrogant to say the least. Vince Taylor was there also and was cooller than the other side of my pillow...............,pesonable and outgoing yet humble and justs eemed like an ordinary guy but with  freaky build ofcourse.

Just my impressions and observations.

Now I could tell you real good things about the guys that I listed about being really good dudes in my other above post..

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2019, 03:18:27 AM »
Louie the jerk coming up tomorrow.  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2019, 03:37:36 AM »
I was doing a contest in Rochester N.Y. and Levrone was the guest poser................... .he din`t do anything to me pesonslally,but backstage he was loud,obnoxious,brash,and just seemed like a totalasshole.

Just my impression of him as I avoided him intentionally.

Dilllet same way,Ft. Lauderdale Fla. fucking huge guy but acted like his shit didn`t stink................... ..kind of arrogant to say the least. Vince Taylor was there also and was cooller than the other side of my pillow...............,pesonable and outgoing yet humble and justs eemed like an ordinary guy but with  freaky build ofcourse.

Just my impressions and observations.

Now I could tell you real good things about the guys that I listed about being really good dudes in my other above post..

There is a very interesting poster on here who is also a Wiggs knockoff.  His name is Woogs.

Woogs has stated that Kev is an interesting character, and urinated into empty gallon jugs of water on a limousine ride from Maryland to Ohio.  He stated that Kev could also be seen in the office of the gym he owned sitting in the dark eating tuna from a giant bowl - possibly a salad bowl.  He said that Kev was so peeled leading up to a contest that his skin was like rubber.

I can't quite say that Kev is in Ronnie's league, genetically, but I think his physique is more aesthetically pleasing, and Kev probably even surpasses Jeff King as far as muscle fiber density is concerned.  As Jeff said - unless you believe in theories like hyperplasia [I don't], muscle fiber density is genetic, and Kev had mounds and mounds of it.

Genetic freak to be sure.  Interesting character.  He always struck me as friendly in his videos, although I never met him in person.  It was funny that when I saw him in 2013 at one of the Europas, he was about 185-lb when I was 178-lb.  He is an inch taller than me, and in street clothes, you wouldn't thought we were all that different, size-wise [without a shirt on would be another story].

Kev just has freaky genetics in that he can be 185-205-225-245-265-lb, and look amazing for any of those weights.  He can be a massive "normal" looking jacked guy at 5'9.5" and 205-lb, or be 265-lb and only slightly off his contest shape.  Unlike Ronnie, who still has large hands and whose frame looks a bit "empty" when he has down in weight, Kev seems to look like he can select any weight from 185-lb to 265-lb, and look like he was meant to be that size.  He doesn't appear to have the side effects of GH when he goes down in weight, and Woogs also claimed he is quite healthy for his age [I believe he was born in July of 1965, and just turned 54.  He may be 55, but it's between 53-55.

I also think he looks younger than his biological age, which also impresses me given his history of PED use and alcoholism [something he admitted to in an issue of MD, and possibly elsewhere].

I can't speak for his attitude or demeanor, but he will always impress me as a genetic freak.  I don't really have high expectations for freaks of that caliber.  Kev is other-worldly in terms of his genetics.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2019, 04:09:25 AM »
My post on Levrone was just my impression of him...................he could be a great guy,but didn`t strike me as such then again,he could have been high because he was weird.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2019, 05:23:04 AM »
Is the Lou story the one about the guy who threatened to stick his hearing aid up his dads ass? ??? :o :P

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2019, 05:34:06 AM »
There is a very interesting poster on here who is also a Wiggs knockoff.  His name is Woogs.

Woogs has stated that Kev is an interesting character, and urinated into empty gallon jugs of water on a limousine ride from Maryland to Ohio.  He stated that Kev could also be seen in the office of the gym he owned sitting in the dark eating tuna from a giant bowl - possibly a salad bowl.  He said that Kev was so peeled leading up to a contest that his skin was like rubber.

I can't quite say that Kev is in Ronnie's league, genetically, but I think his physique is more aesthetically pleasing, and Kev probably even surpasses Jeff King as far as muscle fiber density is concerned.  As Jeff said - unless you believe in theories like hyperplasia [I don't], muscle fiber density is genetic, and Kev had mounds and mounds of it.

Genetic freak to be sure.  Interesting character.  He always struck me as friendly in his videos, although I never met him in person.  It was funny that when I saw him in 2013 at one of the Europas, he was about 185-lb when I was 178-lb.  He is an inch taller than me, and in street clothes, you wouldn't thought we were all that different, size-wise [without a shirt on would be another story].

Kev just has freaky genetics in that he can be 185-205-225-245-265-lb, and look amazing for any of those weights.  He can be a massive "normal" looking jacked guy at 5'9.5" and 205-lb, or be 265-lb and only slightly off his contest shape.  Unlike Ronnie, who still has large hands and whose frame looks a bit "empty" when he has down in weight, Kev seems to look like he can select any weight from 185-lb to 265-lb, and look like he was meant to be that size.  He doesn't appear to have the side effects of GH when he goes down in weight, and Woogs also claimed he is quite healthy for his age [I believe he was born in July of 1965, and just turned 54.  He may be 55, but it's between 53-55.

I also think he looks younger than his biological age, which also impresses me given his history of PED use and alcoholism [something he admitted to in an issue of MD, and possibly elsewhere].

I can't speak for his attitude or demeanor, but he will always impress me as a genetic freak.  I don't really have high expectations for freaks of that caliber.  Kev is other-worldly in terms of his genetics.

Levrone is indeed a very odd dude, I don’t think he’s an asshole by any means but def odd, like missing a few screws. Could be drunk half of the time too

Ronnie was a funny fucker, he was all godly and preached god this and that but he loved going to strip clubs, was at strip clubs a lot during the early 2000’s and would joke about going to church the next day haha

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2019, 06:12:58 AM »
Levrone is indeed a very odd dude, I don’t think he’s an asshole by any means but def odd, like missing a few screws. Could be drunk half of the time too

Levrone's poor liver...  ??? Didn't mind a few drinks or some Anadrol either...

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2019, 06:30:17 AM »

Kevin and the Slovakian Mayor of Bodybuilding...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2019, 08:22:44 AM »
I`ll tell the Lou story tomorrow for you guys.

This was before he was known ansywhere ou of NYC was just a teen or possibly 20-21 yeasr old.

Yes,he was even a jerk at that age!  :D

The same Lou that hated his father and even sued his brother I heard. Who knows?  Steroids do make a lot of guys act like assholes.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2019, 08:35:06 AM »
There is a very interesting poster on here who is also a Wiggs knockoff.  His name is Woogs.

Woogs has stated that Kev is an interesting character, and urinated into empty gallon jugs of water on a limousine ride from Maryland to Ohio.  He stated that Kev could also be seen in the office of the gym he owned sitting in the dark eating tuna from a giant bowl - possibly a salad bowl.  He said that Kev was so peeled leading up to a contest that his skin was like rubber.

I can't quite say that Kev is in Ronnie's league, genetically, but I think his physique is more aesthetically pleasing, and Kev probably even surpasses Jeff King as far as muscle fiber density is concerned.  As Jeff said - unless you believe in theories like hyperplasia [I don't], muscle fiber density is genetic, and Kev had mounds and mounds of it.

Genetic freak to be sure.  Interesting character.  He always struck me as friendly in his videos, although I never met him in person.  It was funny that when I saw him in 2013 at one of the Europas, he was about 185-lb when I was 178-lb.  He is an inch taller than me, and in street clothes, you wouldn't thought we were all that different, size-wise [without a shirt on would be another story].

Kev just has freaky genetics in that he can be 185-205-225-245-265-lb, and look amazing for any of those weights.  He can be a massive "normal" looking jacked guy at 5'9.5" and 205-lb, or be 265-lb and only slightly off his contest shape.  Unlike Ronnie, who still has large hands and whose frame looks a bit "empty" when he has down in weight, Kev seems to look like he can select any weight from 185-lb to 265-lb, and look like he was meant to be that size.  He doesn't appear to have the side effects of GH when he goes down in weight, and Woogs also claimed he is quite healthy for his age [I believe he was born in July of 1965, and just turned 54.  He may be 55, but it's between 53-55.

I can't speak for his attitude or demeanor, but he will always impress me as a genetic freak.  I don't really have high expectations for freaks of that caliber.  Kev is other-worldly in terms of his genetics.

Yup, I stand by everything I posted as true. Although I'm not a knockoff, whatever that's supposed to mean. Kevin was born in 1964. He's 55 years old and looks great these days. He's also become very successful with his international product supplement line. He's currently in Moscow as of right now doing a promotion. The dude has literally been all over the world. I've never thought of Kevin as an asshole. He's actually a quiet guy but he did use to carry himself as having a god complex.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2019, 09:15:06 AM »
Surprised no ones mentioned Tim Belknap or Mike Quinn.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2019, 11:21:16 AM »
Met almost every known name in the scene.

By far, Loutard is the biggest asshole to ever don the thong.

On the phone ... In person ... whatever.

Total asshole.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2019, 11:36:36 AM »
Met almost every known name in the scene.

By far, Loutard is the biggest asshole to ever don the thong.

On the phone ... In person ... whatever.

Total asshole.

Ok, its unanimous hes an A hole. Aside from the 20 bucks for an autograph what is it about his personality that's so off putting. I've never spoken to him in person. Only seen him in pumping iron and incredible hulk. I heard that he sued his brother but what makes him such a D bag?

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2019, 12:59:06 PM »
Haven't met many, and haven't come across any assholes. Never around them more than a 'hi, how are you?' But if first impressions mean anything. Nice guys = cutler, piana, birdsong
Meh = chic. But it was at an expo, end of the day. He was probably tired of dealing with everyone

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
Ok, its unanimous hes an A hole. Aside from the 20 bucks for an autograph what is it about his personality that's so off putting. I've never spoken to him in person. Only seen him in pumping iron and incredible hulk. I heard that he sued his brother but what makes him such a D bag?

I’ve spoken on the phone with him (demanding I send him hundreds of dollars worth of materials, for free), hung around him, trained with him, watched him interact with fans ... Lou is quite simply a rude, unappreciative and sourpuss retard.

He’s demanding and very entitled.

I’ve watched him toss, without a glance, a drawing a fan painstakingly made for him, without so much as a thank you or a smile, and I have watched him deny a young child a glossy photo because the tyke didn’t have money.

The big ‘tard is nasty and has a mean spirit.  

Almost everyone in the industry loathes Ferrigno.

P.S. But I’ll say this. When he was making his comeback, in the gym, pumped, and in a tank top, the man was absolutely freakish. A mountain.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2019, 01:46:38 PM »
OK,here goes my Louie story......it`s nothing special it just illustrates what a pompous asshole he is/was even at a young age.

It was around 1970 if memory serves me.................every year Ed Jubinville would put on 3 different bodybuilding and odd lift contest at various times in the summer and fall.

A bit of background info on Ed who was a true pioneer of the sport and should not be forgotten. Ed was known for being a master of muscle control...............a lost art thee days.

This meant he could mentaly will any or a combo of muscles to move retract or just jiggle at will...............reall y weird shit to see in person..

An example would be that Ed would stick out his "gut" so that it looked like a huge GH gu tof today,hen immediately hit a vacuum pose and his waist would look like it went from 44 to 26 inches almost instantly.

You`ve probably heard about Eds bodybuilding equipment also...........if you bought a bench in 1970,it would still be usable to this fucking day........that`s how strong his stuff was and it was also affordable to boot.

A few picsof Ed who died while training in the gym..................... ..what more could you ask for?

Erly pic of Dave Mastorakis on early Pec-Deck.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »

A bit of background info on Ed who was a true pioneer of the sport and should not be forgotten. Ed was known for being a master of muscle control...............a lost art thee days.

This meant he could mentaly will any or a combo of muscles to move retract or just jiggle at will...............reall y weird shit to see in person..

An example would be that Ed would stick out his "gut" so that it looked like a huge GH gu tof today,hen immediately hit a vacuum pose and his waist would look like it went from 44 to 26 inches almost instantly.

I can do all that. Never practised it so I'd guess there is a huge genetic component to it. There is one insta famous kid who looks like he can make each individual muscle fibre twitch in a wave pattern. Very freaky!

Keep the stories coming though old timer.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2019, 02:00:12 PM »
The best thing about the contests that Ed put on was that they were all free............no entry fee,no admission fee,he donated the trophies and awards out of his own pocket,and he got great guest posers such as Franco,Arnold,Katz,and others all for free.................Zan e competed there early on but got beat (before my time though).

OK,had to pay a bit of homage to Ed Jubinvillle may he rest in peace................now on to Lou as promised.

In my home town of Springfield Mass..it was a stones throw from where Ed held his contsets in Holyoke Mass..............a suburb of Springfield.  That year the big contest was the 1970 Mr. East Coast which wouyld be loaded with guys from all over the east.

You have to keep in mind that there were not many bodybuilers,or many gyms at all back then..............mostly posh type Health Clubs or the local YMCA.

These contests were a huge deal to me and my training partner Ray Harris because it was kind of like going to Venice Beach but only on the East Coast..............a gathering of like minded freaks all assembled for one day of posing and lifting.

After these contests,we would hit our gym in the cellar and be so psyched to train that we woould do like 50 sets per bodypart as opposed to our usual 35 sets which Weider recommended in his mags................I`m joking,but I`m not joking !!  LOL  ;D

Ed held his contests at the Mt. Park Amusement Center in Holyoke which was like an older smaller version of Six Flags.

As many know,parts of Pumping Iron were filmed here so it was a cool place to be for any aspiring bodybuilder back then.

We got all our training info from bb magazines........the mags in our area of the country were Mucsle Builder/Power,Mr. America,Muscular Development,and Strength & Health.

You could also send away for the bible of bodybuuilding mags Iron Man which was available via the mail order route only.

Now in the NYC area,they had  magazine which we were not aware of that was put out by Dan Lurie,it was called Muscle Training Illustrated which featured a lot of NYC bodybuilders and a huge kdi named Lou Ferrigno.............we never heard or saw the magazine, and never even knew Lou existed................. ...he was mostly known just in the NYC area.

More coming.............lost a novel length post when my PC froze and don`t wanna chance losing it again,so more coming soon with BIG LOUIE!!  ;D

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2019, 02:37:07 PM »
Watch and listen to what a POS Lou Ferrigno is.