Author Topic: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates  (Read 182265 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates
« Reply #1200 on: February 22, 2016, 01:32:50 PM »
I don't know if the sun will rise tomorrow either. 

No absolutes when it comes to any of these candidates.  If you don't like Trump, then you've only got guys like Cruz and Rubio to blame.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1201 on: February 22, 2016, 01:35:06 PM »
No absolutes when it comes to any of these candidates.  If you don't like Trump, then you've only got guys like Cruz and Rubio to blame.

It's pretty safe to assume Trump will continue to be exactly what he has shown since he began his campaign.  And his negative numbers are among the highest ever for a presidential candidate.  Disaster. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1202 on: February 22, 2016, 01:48:30 PM »
It's pretty safe to assume Trump will continue to be exactly what he has shown since he began his campaign.  And his negative numbers are among the highest ever for a presidential candidate.  Disaster. 

I just don't know.  Part of me thinks he's scared of failing (at the job itself), so he'll go through periods that make it look like he wants to screw it up.

But if he's really what he has appeared to be all these years, then of course he would like to grab the most prestigous title in the world.  If he gets that, I cannot believe he wouldn't do his absolute best job and give his very best effort, to work against the fear that he'll fail.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1203 on: February 22, 2016, 01:51:25 PM »
I just don't know.  Part of me thinks he's scared of failing (at the job itself), so he'll go through periods that make it look like he wants to screw it up.

But if he's really what he has appeared to be all these years, then of course he would like to grab the most prestigous title in the world.  If he gets that, I cannot believe he wouldn't do his absolute best job and give his very best effort, to work against the fear that he'll fail.

What you do know is how he has conducted himself during this campaign. 

You also know he has failed to explain how he is going to "make America great again," aside from broad, unrealistic generalities. 

I have zero confidence that this is anything other than a game for him.  I don't think he really wants to put in the work required to be a good president.  I suspect he would be just as lazy as our current president. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1204 on: February 22, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »
What you do know is how he has conducted himself during this campaign.

Yes, that's why I believe that a fear of failure is in play.  Nothing else could give 100% explanation but that IMO.

You also know he has failed to explain how he is going to "make America great again," aside from broad, unrealistic generalities.

Can you see how it has appeared to benefit him, though, to keep such a basic message?  Would you agree that up to this moment, for sure, it appears to have worked for him to do that?

I have zero confidence that this is anything other than a game for him.  I don't think he really wants to put in the work required to be a good president.  I suspect he would be just as lazy as our current president. 

I disagree with this one.  Everything IMO says he will be very eager and anxious to show success in terms we can understand (not bullshit Obama type "success" in other words), and he will enjoy bragging about it on TV.  And he'll have earned it.

Remember, too, he is largely responsible for funding his own campaign.  No denying the fact that he is putting himself into it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1205 on: February 22, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »
Yes, that's why I believe that a fear of failure is in play.  Nothing else could give 100% explanation but that IMO.

Can you see how it has appeared to benefit him, though, to keep such a basic message?  Would you agree that up to this moment, for sure, it appears to have worked for him to do that?

I disagree with this one.  Everything IMO says he will be very eager and anxious to show success in terms we can understand (not bullshit Obama type "success" in other words), and he will enjoy bragging about it on TV.  And he'll have earned it.

Remember, too, he is largely responsible for funding his own campaign.  No denying the fact that he is putting himself into it.

What do you mean by "fear of failure"?  

Yes I agree his simple message has worked, but everything Trump has done has benefitted him.  Doesn't matter what he says.  It is eerily similar to Obama, who can say whatever the heck he wants and his disciples are still following him.  They are both all hat and no cattle when it comes to substantive policy.    

I could be wrong, but he will have to make a believer out of me when it comes to his work ethic.  

One of the few things I like about his is the fact he isn't being bought.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1206 on: February 22, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »
What do you mean by "fear of failure"?

Meaning that as much as he'd like to have the job and do well at it, his greatest fear is being a failed president and it causes him to do and say things which by all conventional wisdom should end his run.  Making a differentiation between running for the job and being at the point of no return with the job, post-election.

I believe that's what we're witnessing take place.  

Yes I agree his simple message has worked, but everything Trump has done has benefitted him.  Doesn't matter what he says.  It is eerily similar to Obama, who can say whatever the heck he wants and his disciples are still following him.  They are both all hat and no cattle when it comes to substantive policy.

Being an effective president would benefit him.  So why don't you have faith that he'd do his very best to succeed at that?

I could be wrong, but he will have to make a believer out of me when it comes to his work ethic.  

One of the few things I like about his is the fact he isn't being bought.  

But doesn't this say so very much?  Doesn't it say it all, when it comes down to it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1207 on: February 22, 2016, 05:58:54 PM »
He needs to get control of his staff.

Cruz has perfectly good control over his staff.  He sees it becoming a 2 man race between establishment-amnesty Ribio, and the evangelicals that have chosen trump as the "other" option.

Cruz is running out of oxygen in this race - he NEEDED to win in SC... that was his Super Bowl.  He's fighting for veep at this point.  So throwing carson and rubio under the bus is standard for a falling 2nd/now 3rd place guy who should be leading. 

This isn't "out of control", this is a dude falling on the grenade to give the campaign life support it desperately needs.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1208 on: February 23, 2016, 07:46:28 AM »
Could be a setup to undermine Trump.

Hot Mic Leads to Accusations of "Favoritism" (CNN)

A newly released audio recording of Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski's off-air conversations with Donald Trump has reignited concerns that the MSNBC co-hosts are too cozy with the Republican frontrunner.

The conversations, which took place during the commercial breaks at last week's MSNBC "Trump Town Hall" event, feature the three talking jovially about the success of Trump's campaign, his likelihood of winning South Carolina and Nevada, and the ineffectiveness of his opponents' attack ads.

At one point, Brzezinski tells Trump that she had "a wow moment" when he brought two men up on stage after they had removed a protester from a rally. Trump responds: "I saw it, I watched your show this morning. You had me almost as a legendary figure."

The audio, which was obtained by comedian and radio show host Harry Shearer, offered the latest evidence that the "Morning Joe" co-hosts are too friendly toward Trump, which has become a source of discomfort at NBC. Network insiders have chafed at what they described as Scarborough's "over the top" and "unseemly" admiration for the real estate magnate who is leading the GOP field.

MSNBC declined to comment on the tape.

Shearer played the recording on his show to let listeners decide whether or not Scarborough and Brzezinski were "in the tank" for Trump. His own take, upon the conclusion of the recording: "You can cut the adversarial tension there with a knife," he quipped. "A butter knife, but still."

Throughout the tape, Trump asks Scarborough and Brzezinski to weigh in on his campaign tactics, his poll numbers and the effectiveness of his opponents.

"They're spending $75 million on negative ads against me over the last two weeks. Are they catching on at all?" Trump asks at one point.

"No, doesn't look that way," Scarborough says.

"What do you think?" Trump asks Brzezinski.

"No," Brzezinski says.

Scarborough and Brzezinski immediately drew criticism from other journalists and media figures on Twitter after the tape was published online. Steve Deace, the conservative radio host, called it "clear coordination/coaching between a national show and a campaign."

One portion of the tape that received criticism on Twitter was misleading. It features Brzezinski saying, "You don't want me to do the [questions] on deportation?" to which Trump replies: "That's right. Nothing too hard, Mika."

However, sources at MSNBC said that Brzezinski was speaking to her producer Alex Korson and that Trump was voicing his approval of the decision from the sidelines.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1209 on: February 23, 2016, 08:42:34 AM »
Meaning that as much as he'd like to have the job and do well at it, his greatest fear is being a failed president and it causes him to do and say things which by all conventional wisdom should end his run.  Making a differentiation between running for the job and being at the point of no return with the job, post-election.

I believe that's what we're witnessing take place.  

Being an effective president would benefit him.  So why don't you have faith that he'd do his very best to succeed at that?

But doesn't this say so very much?  Doesn't it say it all, when it comes down to it?

I don't think Trump cares about being a successful president.  He cares about increasing his brand and making money, which he is very good at. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1210 on: February 23, 2016, 08:43:43 AM »
Long read, but good points about Trump, pro and con. 

The South Carolina primary results don't mean Trump will be the nominee
http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/fixgov/posts/2016/02/20-donald-trump-south-carolina-overestimation-hudak

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1211 on: February 23, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »
Core Republicans throw support to Rubio as best bet to derail Trump
Published February 23, 2016 
FoxNews.com

Marco Rubio picked up a flurry of endorsements Monday from key Republicans in his bid for the GOP presidential nomination, as the GOP establishment appeared to coalesce behind the Florida senator as its best hope to head off Donald Trump.

The endorsements, including support from former Senate Majority Leader and one-time presidential candidate Bob Dole, Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, came after Jeb Bush exited the race and on the heels of a series of blunders by the campaign of Rubio rival Ted Cruz.

"I just feel that Rubio is the more serious candidate."

- Bob Dole

“What’s happened here is that a lot of mainstream Republicans realize if they want to stop Trump, their best bet is Marco Rubio, even over Ted Cruz,” GOP strategist Ford O’Connell told The Washington Times.

While it is not clear that the support of old guard Republicans will be enough to stop Trump in an election campaign dominated by insurgent candidates, party members expressed doubt that anger at Washington will be enough to defeat presumptive nominee Hillary Clinton. 

"I just feel that Rubio is the more serious candidate," Dole told Reuters. "And I feel he has the background to be able to really help turn this mess around.”

Rubio barely edged out Cruz in the most recent primary, in South Carolina, but finished well behind Trump, who establishment Republicans are wary of.

Cruz, meanwhile, fired spokesman Rick Tyler on Monday over a video that falsely showed Rubio dismissing the Bible. Tyler had apologized a day earlier for retweeting a link to the "inaccurate story" involving a video purporting to show Rubio referring to the Bible and saying, "Not many answers in it."

The firing of Tyler followed other accusations of dirty tricks by the Cruz campaign, dating back to his victory in the Iowa caucuses.

Marco Rubio  ✔‎@marcorubio
Yet another strong conservative leader is joining our campaign! Welcome to the team, Gov. @AsaHutchinson!
4:44 PM - 22 Feb 2016

Dole told ABC News his endorsement of Rubio was a direct result of Bush dropping out.

"Now that my good friend Jeb Bush is no longer running, I'm supporting Rubio," Dole told ABC's "Political Powerhouse" podcast.

Hutchinson, a respected former Congressman, likened Rubio to Ronald Reagan in a glowing statement of support.

"The more I've watched this election unfold, the more I've come to see that Marco Rubio is the only candidate who can unite our nation the way Ronald Reagan once did," Hutchinson said.

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake said in a statement Monday that Rubio's message, generally less strident than the rhetoric of his rivals, is most likely to win the White House in November.

"I’m supporting Marco Rubio for president because he has the ideas, the principles, and the toughness necessary to bring reform to Washington," Flake said. "In an election where serious solutions are seriously lacking, Marco Rubio has proven that he can inspire more than just anger in Americans who are looking for an alternative to the status quo."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/23/core-republicans-throw-support-to-rubio-as-best-bet-to-derail-trump.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1212 on: February 23, 2016, 08:49:44 AM »
Predicted Nevada results:

Trump   37.1%
Rubio   27.2%
Cruz           20.9%
Kasich   7.6%
Carson   6.0%

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/nevada-republican/

James

« Reply #1213 on: February 23, 2016, 08:51:12 AM »
RUBIOBOT malfunctions AGAIN!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1214 on: February 23, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »
Does it seem as though Rubio is unable to function under pressure?  Wouldn't that be a fair observation to make about him?

James

« Reply #1215 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »
Does it seem as though Rubio is unable to function under pressure?  Wouldn't that be a fair observation to make about him?

Christie was right, he keeps repeating the pre-programmed phrases over and over.

This boy is not a leader. He's an amateur salesman hyped by the establishment and donor class. He has no accomplishments or skills other than repeating memorized lines.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1216 on: February 23, 2016, 11:00:27 AM »
Long read, but good points about Trump, pro and con. 

The South Carolina primary results don't mean Trump will be the nominee
http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/fixgov/posts/2016/02/20-donald-trump-south-carolina-overestimation-hudak

It might have given a word or two about the worthlessness of his competition, and how the usual politics have worn so thin that even the most delusional among us have ceased to be fooled this time around.  That's the real story.

But it provides a good reality check for the people who are convinced Trump will win.

As for the "party leaders" disliking him: that's good.  Great.  They've needed their asses kicked for quite some time, and maybe Trump will be the person to do it.  The "party leaders" can be blamed for our troubles, so maybe shutting the fuck up and getting out of our way now is a good idea for them.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1217 on: February 23, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »
Christie was right, he keeps repeating the pre-programmed phrases over and over.

This boy is not a leader. He's an amateur salesman hyped by the establishment and donor class. He has no accomplishments or skills other than repeating memorized lines.

I hope it is the last time we hear from this lightweight and chump.  But I'd bet it won't be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1218 on: February 23, 2016, 11:39:56 AM »
I don't think his campaign is over, although he is in trouble.  The Nate Silver polls don't show him leading in any state except Texas up through Super Tuesday, so he doesn't have a pathway to win outright.  He also has little chance of winning at a brokered convention.  He has a lot of work to do.

Joe Scarborough: 'Ted Cruz's Campaign Is Over'
(MSNBC/"Morning Joe")
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |    Tuesday, 23 Feb 2016

"Ted Cruz's campaign is over," and it ended after Donald Trump beat him among evangelicals in South Carolina on Saturday, MSNBC's Joe Scarborough declared Tuesday morning.

"It ended in South Carolina when Donald Trump beat Ted Cruz among evangelicals after coming out in support of Planned Parenthood," the former lawmaker said on his "Morning Joe" talk show.

"Ted Cruz's campaign is over. Mark it down. He is not going to win the nomination. He may win Texas. It's over."

It wasn't just the South Carolina race that ended the Texas senator's campaign for the GOP presidential nomination, said Scarborough, but other incidents as well, including his decision on Monday to fire national spokesman Rick Tyler, who made a social media post of a video claiming that Florida Sen. Marco Rubio suggested to a Cruz staffer who was reading the Bible there "aren't many answers in it."

"What happened yesterday was an ugly, terrible exclamation point to the end of Ted Cruz's campaign," said Scarborough. "I'm not being hateful any more than I was sucking up to Donald Trump when I said before anybody else that the guy was going to be a player here."

Further, said Scarborough, he does not believe Florida Sen. Marco Rubio can stop Trump, either.

"They're not going to stop Trump for a simple reason, one of the reasons why most of the media has missed this thing for the past six or seven months, part of his appeal is people think he's fearless and he has two people now left to combat him, Cruz and Rubio, who are both filled with fear," he said.

If Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich can be encouraged to leave the race so that Rubio could face Trump one-on-one, there could be a chance of bringing down the New York real estate mogul, he continued, "but unless you do and it's Marco Rubio versus Donald Trump, it's game over by super Tuesday."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Joe-Scarborough-Cruz-Campaign-Over/2016/02/23/id/715651/#ixzz411P05WoL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1219 on: February 23, 2016, 01:56:13 PM »
Former Bush donors rally around Rubio, in bid to take on Trump
By  Adam Shaw 
Published February 23, 2016
FoxNews.com

Parts of Jeb Bush's formidable donor network already are gravitating to Marco Rubio within days of his exit from the race, sensing a quickly narrowing window to disrupt Donald Trump's march to the nomination.

While the more than $150 million of campaign and super PAC cash pumped into Bush's bid did little for the former Florida governor, his money men and women hope they can put their cash to more effective use this time.

“This has been a relatively seamless transition for me, and I believe for so many others,” Bush donor and former Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman told FoxNews.com, citing Rubio's electability and vision among the reasons for backing him.

“The folks I was working with on the Bush campaign, my sense is almost unanimity in them moving over to Team Rubio,” Coleman said.

Though some saw Rubio's challenge against Bush as a betrayal of his former mentor, the bad blood may not be enough to prevent Bush donors from leaping to Rubio anyway.

And Trump is a factor.

With Bush out, and frontrunner Trump racking up delegates through primaries in New Hampshire and South Carolina, Bush's donors told FoxNews.com they are moving fast in order to rally around the candidate they believe can beat the billionaire businessman.

Bobbie Kilberg, a Republican fundraiser who supported Chris Christie and then Bush, says she made the decision as early as Sunday morning to move her support to Rubio.

“It’s become exceptionally clear that it is time for mainstream Republicans to coalesce around one mainstream candidate they can support and who can win elections,” Kilberg said. “There’s a sense of urgency here that the window will close shortly.”

Bush made headlines in 2015 for accruing an enormous war chest and rolodex of donors, in a fundraising blitz that became known as “shock and awe." Yet it wasn’t to be for Bush, who won less than 8 percent in South Carolina’s primary Saturday and swiftly dropped out of the race for the White House.

Kilberg can’t say exactly how many other Bush donors will move to Rubio, but says she has seen a lot of interest from fellow donors.

“On Sunday morning, before noon I had nine phone calls from people saying ‘If you’re going to Rubio, we’re going with you’ and that’s a lot of calls and emails to get before Sunday lunchtime,” she said.

“My prediction is you’re going to see a very strong movement of people from supporting Bush and Christie going to Rubio. He’s the clear alternative and it’s time we all did this.”

Top GOP donor and Bush backer Dirk Van Dongen also told FoxNews.com in an email late Monday that he was moving his support to Rubio.

There are some signs that Ohio Gov. John Kasich may also be a minor beneficiary of Bush’s exit. Billionaire Stephen Druckenmiller told The New York Times Monday that he was backing Kasich, a big win for the struggling candidate.

Although Rubio has scooped up most of the political endorsements since Saturday's primary, Kasich has also picked up a few endorsements, including former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld and Nevada Speaker of the Assembly John Hambrick, both former Bush backers.

Coleman, who was also a Bush surrogate and even worked the "spin room" for him at the most recent South Carolina debate, said while many donors respect the Ohio governor, his perceived steep path to victory is dissuading many potential backers from putting their money behind him.

“I have respect for the governor, but there’s no path there. He’s got strength in a couple of states and that’s it,” Coleman said.

“Kasich has a long way up the road to where he can be competitive and viable,” agreed veteran GOP strategist Rick Wilson, who is backing Rubio. “Kasich is the one pro-ObamaCare candidate and he’s about to run into a buzzsaw of southern states that hate ObamaCare with a passion.”

Wilson also dismissed Ted Cruz -- though he, unlike Rubio, has actually won an early-state contest -- as a possible option for donors looking to deny Trump.

“There is a lot of questioning of Cruz’s political judgment in the donor community. He spent months with his lips attached to Donald Trump’s backside,” Wilson told FoxNews.com. “He was so eager to await the collapse of Trump and eat up his voters, he’s now put himself in a very tough position attacking Trump.”

Polls still show Rubio has a significant uphill climb to beat Trump. Ahead of Tuesday’s caucuses in Nevada, polls show Trump ahead by over 20 points, and Rubio has yet to win a primary or a caucus.

The RealClearPolitics average of recent national polls shows Trump leading the pack with 34 percent, followed by Cruz with 20 percent and Rubio with 16.

Rubio backers are gambling that as other candidates drop out and voters and donors unite around Rubio, the gap will narrow.

“None of this is going to be easy for anyone, and it’s going to get loud,” Wilson said. “But folks are rallying to Marco … because he’s the one guy who can beat Trump and who will be the most effective against Hillary Clinton in the fall."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/23/former-bush-donors-rally-around-rubio-in-bid-to-take-on-trump.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1220 on: February 23, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »
Rep. Peter King Endorses Marco Rubio

Image: Rep. Peter King Endorses Marco Rubio  (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images) 
By Greg Richter   |    Tuesday, 23 Feb 2016

New York Rep. Peter King endorsed Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for president on Tuesday, citing his knowledge of foreign policy and recognizing the threat of terrorism.

"Republicans can't afford to forfeit this race to Hillary Clinton by nominating the wrong candidate," King said in a press release from the Rubio campaign. "I'm endorsing Marco Rubio because he has all the ingredients for a winning campaign: inspiration, judgment and vision."

King, former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee and a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said Rubio "can be trusted to deliver real results once he is in office. Most important of all for me, Marco has a thorough knowledge of foreign policy and fully understands the true nature of the terrorist threat."

The press statement said King was joining "a wave of conservative leaders that understand that Marco is the right candidate to be commander-in-chief."

Rubio is still looking for a first-place finish after coming in third in Iowa and South Carolina, but has been gathering endorsements from elected GOP officials. More are likely to rally to him after the departure from the race of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Saturday.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/marco-rubio-gop-republican-candidate/2016/02/23/id/715750/#ixzz411yLuY9k

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1221 on: February 23, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »
All the pukes lining up for Rubio.  Writing's on the Wall.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1222 on: February 23, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »
GOP megadonor commits to Rubio
By Alex Isenstadt
02/23/16

Marco Rubio has won the backing of Kentucky billionaire Joe Craft, one of the nation’s most prolific Republican donors.

Craft and his fiancee, Kelly Knight, are adding their names to the growing list of prominent donors who are giving their support to Rubio. Knight confirmed the decision in a text message to POLITICO on Tuesday afternoon.

Craft, who made his fortune in the coal business, was one of the biggest Republican donors during the 2012 campaign. He gave more than $3 million to American Crossroads, a Karl Rove-founded group, and $1 million to Restore Our Future, a pro-Mitt Romney super PAC.

Over the years, Craft and Knight have given millions to Republican congressional candidates. The two are close to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who following Rand Paul’s exit is neutral in the GOP primary. The two were major financial boosters of McConnell’s 2014 reelection bid.

Craft and Knight are two are two of the most courted donors in Kentucky politics, and both have relationships with Paul Singer, the New York City hedge fund billionaire who is a major player in GOP politics. Paul, among other 2016 candidates, aggressively sought the couple's backing but was turned down.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/marco-rubio-joe-craft-republican-donor-219684#ixzz4122pVN5l

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1223 on: February 24, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »
Predicted Nevada results:

Trump   37.1%
Rubio   27.2%
Cruz           20.9%
Kasich   7.6%
Carson   6.0%

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/nevada-republican/

Nevada results:

trump   34,531   45.9%    14
rubio           17,940   23.9%    7
cruz           16,079   21.4%    6
carson   3,619   4.8%     1
kasich   2,709   3.6%     1

http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/nv/Rep

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1224 on: February 24, 2016, 08:18:14 AM »
Pretty clear after South Carolina that despite Trump's win, the overwhelming majority of GOP voters do not want Trump:

South Carolina
239,851 = Votes for Trump
498,066 = Votes for other candidates (a difference of 258,215)

Total (Iowa, NH, SC)
285,684 = Votes for Trump
818,251 = Votes for other candidates (a difference of 532,567)

That said, I agree with Krauthammer that candidates better get behind one candidate (Cruz or Rubio) or Trump may get the magic number of delegates (despite the majority of voters choosing someone other than Trump).  Crazy election season. 

Also, it's pretty cool that the top three in GOP include two Hispanics (or if you’re Ozmo, three white dudes). 

During Rubio's SC speech, there was an Indian female, black dude, and Hispanic dude on the stage, all high level political leaders.  Great progress. 

Nevada
34,531 = Votes for Trump
40,347 = Votes for other candidates

Total (Iowa, NH, SC, NV)
320,215 = Votes for Trump
858,598 = Votes for other candidates