Author Topic: Apple Juice With No Added Sugar:  (Read 3530 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Apple Juice With No Added Sugar:
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good brand of apple juice that contains only naturally-occurring sugars?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Apple Juice With No Added Sugar:
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good brand of apple juice that contains only naturally-occurring sugars?

Are you being serious with this question?

Motts is the first brand that comes to mind.  Is there something wrong with it?
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:26:21 PM »

Thanks.
Yes, I was serious.
I'm not a juice drinker, but I know that most products contain added sugar.

I'd like to pick up a decent apple juice on my next grocery trip and just wanted a few ideas of what to look for.
I might still be able to find fresh, but I don't drink that much of it, and without the preservatives it'll probably sour on me before finishing. :-\

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 12:14:48 AM »

I have an idea for you. Brace yourself because it is too radical: how about you squeeze apples into juice? :D The, all the sugars will be naturally ocurring.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 07:37:12 AM »
  I have an idea for you. Brace yourself because it is too radical: how about you squeeze apples into juice? :D The, all the sugars will be naturally ocurring.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Ha-ha-ha...ho-ho-ho... ;D
Yes, that's the most logical solution, but my juicer is a PIA to clean and I'm not crazy about doing it every week.

I keep my carbs quite low during the day, but I'd like to start consuming apple juice during my resistance workouts for energy and glycogen replenishment.
I just don't want something with added white sugar.

I'm not crazy about dextrose and malto, and as my stomach doesn't tolerate starches too well, waxy-maize is out.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »

Ha-ha-ha...ho-ho-ho... ;D
Yes, that's the most logical solution, but my juicer is a PIA to clean and I'm not crazy about doing it every week.

I keep my carbs quite low during the day, but I'd like to start consuming apple juice during my resistance workouts for energy and glycogen replenishment.
I just don't want something with added white sugar.

I'm not crazy about dextrose and malto, and as my stomach doesn't tolerate starches too well, waxy-maize is out.

Yes, a juicer is really a PIA to clean, but with straight apples, it might not be too bad.  Scrub them of course and leave the skins on for the extra nutrients.  Buy them on sale and don't even worry about how the skins look.  Right now Pink Ladies are .79/lb  They looked rather pathetic, but  :o wow ~ they are really good.  Very sweet and crispy.  Fuji is also on sale.

I see this brand of juice occasionally (maybe seasonal).  I like the little glass bottle, usually shaped like an apple  :D

I guess I'd look for 100% juice, US apples, not from concentrate.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 07:59:54 AM »
Thanks, Princess!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:38:51 AM »

Meanie :(

w8m8

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »
Squeezing apples would make apple cider, not juice?

juice is technically the product from cider being filtered and pasteurised .. so you are correct .. the healthiest is fresh pressed (juiced) cider .. skin and all .. and it can be frozen to extend it's "life" .. bottled apple juice in a grocer is fresh longer due to the processing of it .. if you live anywhere near apple orchards you will find "juice quality apples" are much more inexpensive .. they may have less color or a blemish but are totally fine ... some farmers actually nearly give them away

laricelarice

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 05:26:12 AM »
I have never used the used ant packed juice. All the juice which I drink is my own hand made. And really it is awesome, the freshness and real original without any sugar. Though it takes some time and effort to prepare but it is worth doing all, after the quality you get.
-------------
Web Designer Blog