Author Topic: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?  (Read 22232 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »
A recorded history of meth use + prior threat with a gun + use of potentially deadly force = the guy basically signing his own death certificate

Put all those 3 factors together...This guy was a VERY dangerous individual.

A far cry from "stepping on a police officer's foot" at WalMart and then running away

240 is a guy who for some reason likes to make up his own facts :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »

Defending a loose cannon meth head who runs around threatening people with a gun!

Only on getbig!!!  ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2015, 08:13:09 AM »
hindsight is 20 20  ,let's remember this is a guy who is a known methamphetamine user and has threatened with a gun in the past,you have a split second to make that decision.moral of the story  ,no good comes of thowing rocks at cops :o

If he doesn't have a gun then the shooting with deadly force isn't justified.  Also his past doesn't matter.   The man didn't brandish a firearm.  He threw a rock and was shot afterwards.

If the law protects these officers, then the law is wrong and needs to be changed.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2015, 08:17:33 AM »
I'm guessing you're a devout Christian.

No. I'm a devout Atheist. I'm not stupid enough to believe that everyone is a gift from the non-existent god, or that there is no such thing as a bad boy. The perp was a POS, good riddance. I don't care how criminals die. As long as they die, I'm happy that they're gone. The cops should shoot to kill more often, because taking prisoners just costs the taxpayers too much money!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »
If he doesn't have a gun then the shooting with deadly force isn't justified.  Also his past doesn't matter.   The man didn't brandish a firearm.  He threw a rock and was shot afterwards.

If the law protects these officers, then the law is wrong and needs to be changed.

again you have the luxury of hindsite,they have to make that decision in a split second.and his past does matter,sorry your wrong.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2015, 08:24:46 AM »
 Also his past doesn't matter.  

::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2015, 08:28:15 AM »
again you have the luxury of hindsite,they have to make that decision in a split second.and his past does matter,sorry your wrong.

Not looking at hindsight at all.  Here's a couple of possible assumptions you are running under:

-  The police officers were aware of the man's meth history
-  The police officers knew of him making threats with a gun

Here's what we do know:

-  A man threw a rock or rocks at 3 police officers
-  They chased him and shot him
-  The man was not a threat without a rock in his hand
-  Its debatable that he was a deadly threat with a rock in hand
-  The police had the reasonable means to subdue him

This is wrongful death, plain and simple

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »
::)

It can matter when it comes to his conviction.  But not heat of the moment unless he was a convicted cop killer or maybe a murderer.  Still, you have to account for whether or not the police were aware of his past at all.

He's guilty of assaulting a police officer that's all.

It can be argued that he assaulted with a deadly weapon but i think that in court it might be easy for the defense to beat that 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
A recorded history of meth use + prior threat with a gun + use of potentially deadly force = the guy basically signing his own death certificate
Put all those 3 factors together...This guy was a VERY dangerous individual.
A far cry from "stepping on a police officer's foot" at WalMart and then running away

When the rock was in the air, yes, he was a deadly threat.

Running away, he's some idiot, already tazed already been shot at close range (was he wounded already?  We heard shots fired initially)

His hands are empty and he's hurt.  Cops wanted to waste him, and people with blood lust support dudes getting wasted because, well, it makes them feel good.

There are times when police have to empty 4 guns into a bad guy.  This ain't one of them.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
Not looking at hindsight at all.  Here's a couple of possible assumptions you are running under:

-  The police officers were aware of the man's meth history
-  The police officers knew of him making threats with a gun

Here's what we do know:

-  A man threw a rock or rocks at 3 police officers
-  They chased him and shot him
-  Its debatable that he was a deadly threat with a rock in hand
-  The police had the reasonable means to subdue him

This is wrongful death, plain and simple

let me ask you this did the police know for sure he did not have a gun on him,I'll answer for you no,did the police know he's a meth user,yes.did they know he has threaten with a gun before yes.so when this guy is running from them and all of a sudden turns around and and faces them can they fear for their life, yes.and that's how this is going to end

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2015, 08:46:30 AM »

let me ask you this did the police know for sure he did not have a gun on him,I'll answer for you no,did the police know he's a meth user,yes.did they know he has threaten with a gun before yes.so when this guy is running from them and all of a sudden turns around and and faces them can they fear for their life, yes.and that's how this is going to end

You don't shot a person for what they can do until you have reason to believe they will do it.  Such as brandishing a gun.   

Additionally where does it say they knew of the guys past? Maybe i missed it?   Did they know him personally?  Did they run his name through a data based right before this all happened? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:48 AM »

in ANY situation, police "dont know he doesn't have a gun on him".
You can't shoot him to prove a negative lol.

At this point, you're delivering these stretch hypotheticals as to why it was cool to shoot an unarmed man trying to get away, then putting hands in air.

If they could do it over again - they wouldn't shoot him.  That speaks volumes.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2015, 09:07:35 AM »
When the rock was in the air, yes, he was a deadly threat.

Running away, he's some idiot, already tazed already been shot at close range (was he wounded already?  We heard shots fired initially)

His hands are empty and he's hurt.  Cops wanted to waste him, and people with blood lust support dudes getting wasted because, well, it makes them feel good.

There are times when police have to empty 4 guns into a bad guy.  This ain't one of them.

A violent meth head who has a history of making death threats, who already has used deadly force AND STILL is very capable of pulling out a concealed strap. Like blacken said this is a split second decision the police had to make.

Sorry bro, can't Monday Morning Quarterback with you on this one.

In a situation like that it's mutually understood that everyone drains their clips and insures themselves the ability to make it home for Wifey's pot roast at 6 pm and the ability to see little juniors t-ball game next Saturday. And rightfully so.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2015, 09:09:12 AM »
 ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
A violent meth head who has a history of making death threats, who already has used deadly force AND STILL is very capable of pulling out a concealed strap. Like blacken said this is a split second decision the police had to make.

In a situation like that it's mutually understood that everyone drains their clips and insure themselves the ability to make it home for Wifey's pot roast at 6 pm and the ability to see little juniors t-ball game next Saturday. And rightfully so.

You are assuming those police officers knew that at the time of incident.

Even if they did, he was throwing rocks.   That doesn't justify the use of deadly force.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2015, 09:11:12 AM »
;D

Not saying that at all.

not even a good try lol

1.  They already had their weapons drawn
2.  He was throwing rocks
3.  He didn't have a gun or suggest he had a gun

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2015, 09:14:37 AM »

In a situation like that it's mutually understood that everyone drains their clips and insures themselves the ability to make it home for Wifey's pot roast at 6 pm and the ability to see little juniors t-ball game next Saturday. And rightfully so.

Drains their clips because the man threw his rock and was trying to run?

Look, to me it really sounds like you are trying like crazy to justify this shoot.  I get it.  the guy was a bag of shit.  But at the time they "drained their clips", he was a wounded idiot with empty hands in air.  

I go further than Oz... I think cops are fine to shoot the dude with rock in the air.  Even though he's probably not going to do shit with it, he's given them leash to kill them.

BUT empty hands, running away, no more rocks... that's about finishing the fcker off, not getting home safely lol

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2015, 09:15:14 AM »
Not saying that at all.

not even a good try lol

1.  They already had their weapons drawn
2.  He was throwing rocks
3.  He didn't have a gun or suggest he had a gun

lol yeah we know that now Tom Brady of Monday morning

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2015, 09:16:39 AM »
Not saying that at all.

not even a good try lol

1.  They already had their weapons drawn
2.  He was throwing rocks
3.  He didn't have a gun or suggest he had a gun

when they killed him, he was out of rocks.  He had walked a few feet, crossed a street, walked the length of a storefront and hand empty hands up.

This bullshit about "he was throwing rocks" justtified the shoot initially, but the cirumstances had changed and they were no longer justified to fire.  They just did it because they had already started, and there was too much ego/testosterone to turn that shit off once they realized they just had an unarmed fleeing dude.  

They wanted to waste his ass, period.  They didn't turn off their deadly force when the "threat of a rock" had passed by a few seconds.  Plenty of time to start shooting, not start a 2nd shoot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2015, 09:18:27 AM »

Here's what we do know:

Any person who has assaulted a cop and is resisting arrest is a threat.  They shouldn't have to try and wrestle with someone like that and risk having the perp take their gun during a struggle.  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »
I did hear an interview with a local Hispanic community leader and I must give him credit for his civility.  He mostly talked about the how person shot had mental issues and the most important issue was making sure people with mental problems weren't thrown out on the street.  He was very rational and as about as far from a Sharpton as you can get.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »

Tell me about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
I did hear an interview with a local Hispanic community leader and I must give him credit for his civility.  He mostly talked about the how person shot had mental issues and the most important issue was making sure people with mental problems weren't thrown out on the street.  He was very rational and as about as far from a Sharpton as you can get.

Makes sense.  Looked like he might have been either on drugs or crazy.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »
when they killed him, he was out of rocks.  He had walked a few feet, crossed a street, walked the length of a storefront and hand empty hands up.

This bullshit about "he was throwing rocks" justtified the shoot initially, but the cirumstances had changed and they were no longer justified to fire.  They just did it because they had already started, and there was too much ego/testosterone to turn that shit off once they realized they just had an unarmed fleeing dude.  

They wanted to waste his ass, period.  They didn't turn off their deadly force when the "threat of a rock" had passed by a few seconds.  Plenty of time to start shooting, not start a 2nd shoot.

WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN he put his hands forward then pulled them back towards his belt or where his belt should be,never up in the air,stop with making up your own facts