Author Topic: Buying a used Aston Martin (BB related)  (Read 11887 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Buying a used Aston Martin (BB related)
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2014, 09:00:02 PM »
bigboob dont be such a girl,i am very aware of the years procuced etc.

i said the old c6 z06 will be something like the new stingray.

fact on the matter, the porsche turbo blows away in quartermile,and on street,and even 60-120 the following.

your base c7

the old c6zo6

and hangs with the old zr1.

hope this helps.

spare me the street tires blabla, manual vs auto.

the porsche you sit in, launch control and boom, the corevette eats dust.it is what it is.

you go and take and compare the very best vette out there vs the not best and fastwst porsche.compare it to the 918 or whatver the one is with 900hp.

nobody gives a fuck about the nissan, and i said yeah trap speed and youll know which one pulls away at speeds you will never go anyway.

either way, dont care about cars nomore much.

precisely bc of this, bugatti veyron it doesnt get any better, gets owned by the same bmw bike

here one might arguie too, the bugatti will pull the bike at 180mph, sure bc areodynamic and bc bikes are limited to 186mph, but this is embabrassing.can get a used bike like this for less than 10k usd, id feel like a sucker wasting a million on this bugati looking like a modded audi tt, and then get the doors blown off by some schmoe on 10k vehicle,wich is perfectly solid daily driver no maintenance besides oilchanges.
yah any 1000+cc sportbike will do,the 1000s are even faster than the bigger bikes.
i have german autobahn here very close, can go there and legaly drive 200mph :D

dude, where did I claim that my base c7 is faster than a new porsche turbo?  ???

I said the base C7 is faster than a Porsche 911 or Porsche 911S.

If you're going to talk about the Porsche turbo its only fair to compare it to the high-po Corvette - which we don't have final numbers for the C7 Z06, but from what we know the two cars will be comparable.

Porsche 918 lol - wtf now you're comparing $1 million barely production models to a Corvette.

How about we compare similar price range - C7 Stingray versus Porsche Cayman (non-S) or Boxter non-S.  Totally blows both out of the fucking water, as well as the more expensive S versions.  I'm trying to be fair by comparing Porsches double in price to the counterpart Vette, and now you're mentioning one that's 10 times the price LOL.

Anyway I've said what I needed to say, and not interested in continuing a "my favourite car is faster than your favourite car" argument, or in YOUR case its "my favourite car is faster than the car you drive"  ::)  Signing off and spending some time with the wifey next, she's already wondering wtf are you on the internet for the last hour lol

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2014, 09:02:13 PM »
For 150k the Nismo GTR is one the fastest production car ever , something like 7:08 at the nurburgring

Comparing a C7 vette to a 6 yr old GTR Is ludacris

Nothing will ever beat an awd DCT paddle shift car

I've driven lots of vettes, blah the C7 is nice but all the rest imo are junk, just a lot of power , piss poor quality build, horrible steering feel, chassis feels like shit, typical American car with just a big engine

The C7 is a step up

Porsches are what SPORTS cars are about

It's not just numbers.... There's more to a car than that

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2014, 09:06:46 PM »
dude, where did I claim that my base c7 is faster than a new porsche turbo?  ???

I said the baseC7 is faster than a Porsche 911 or Porsche 911S.

If you're going to talk about the Porsche turbo its only fair to compare it to the high-po Corvette - which we don't have final numbers for the C7 Z06, but from what we know the two cars will be comparable.

Porsche 918 lol - wtf now you're comparing $1 million barely production models to a Corvette.

How about we compare similar price range - C7 Stingray versus Porsche Cayman (non-S) or Boxter non-S.  Totally blows both out of the fucking water, as well as the more expensive S versions.  I'm trying to be fair by comparing Porsches double in price to the counterpart Vette, and now you're mentioning one that's 10 times the price LOL.

Anyway I've said what I needed to say, and not interested in continuing a "my favourite car is faster than your favourite car" argument, or in YOUR case its "my favourite car is faster than the car you drive"  ::)  Signing off and spending some time with the wifey next, she's already wondering wtf are you on the internet for the last hour lol

And.... So?? The 911 overall is still a better sports car, not just numbers. Lots of publications choose the 911 over the vette.... It just feels better

But then again people just like to look at quarter mile times, 0-60, horsepower nonsense  ::)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 09:09:42 PM »
hhaha base cayenne vs zr1 ;D
h i see you meant the shit naturaly aspirate carreara

yeah that thing will be running something like the vette and killed from a 60mph roll, fully agrre.sorry always thought you meant the turbo :-\
a

For 150k the Nismo GTR is one the fastest production car ever , something like 7:08 at the nurburgring

I've driven lots of vettes, blah the C7 is nice but all the rest imo are junk, just a lot of power , piss poor quality build, horrible steering feel, chassis feels like shit, typical American car with just a big engine

The C7 is a step up

Porsches are what SPORTS cars are about

It's not just numbers.... There's more to a car than that

brutal thing is, bc they dont go awd, they will be destroyd left and right by competiton.

n

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 09:14:38 PM »
I respect the Porsche, GTR, etc.  My post above wasn't meant to bash, was just responding to the silly post about how Corvette's suck in comparison especially since facts are inconsistent with that assumption.

What kind of work do you do?  You mentioned "your clients" a few times?

no worries. I just like bang for the buck.. Porsche is a bit more 'exotic' and has a different image than a vette to me. and you can get them for $30k (or less, even, if you don't mind 50k miles.. which really isn't a problem with those motors or suspensions)... if the 911 had a more different interior, say more like a GT-R, I could probably use it as a daily driver. (I love the GT-R's interior and dash.. it's like a car out of a TRON movie or something).

work? I do a few things.. run a few businesses. clients are training clients mostly.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »

yeah that thing will be running something like the vette and killed from a 60mph roll, fully agrre.sorry always thought you meant the turbo :-\
a
brutal thing is, bc they dont go awd, they will be destroyd left and right by competiton.

If u look at the AMG Mercedes the e class version is now only available in the US with AWD

I suspect in the future BMW M will follow suit with awd

Cars with tons of power is turning to AWD double clutch trans or 8 sp autos , that's the way to go for all out power and efficiency

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
Ahh I did step away from the computer but was checking for updates on my phone and after reading this I came back to another post lol, couldn't resist.

It's not much more than speculation that the GTR that did 7:08 or whatever the time was will be the actual production car that people can buy.  For one the car isn't available, and secondly even for the 2013 and prior GTR's no third party is confirming that these cars Nissan sends to the Ring are even stock.  They could be, but it makes me wonder why the GTR is relatively slower at other tracks like the VIR or Laguna Seca than Nissan's claimed nurburgring versions.

The GTR was improved almost every subsequent production year, so I'm not sure what you mean by comparing a vette to a 6 year old GTR.  The 6 year old one was 485 hp.  One can also say the Z6 ZR1 is 5-6 years old since it was intro'd as a 2009 model.

Off of a dig you're right, but off of a roll its not so cut and dry.

Sorry if I sounded confrontational earlier, I can tell now you're just having fun :)  Re: "shit naturally aspirated though" - so is the C7 stingray, again making it a fair comparison ;)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
no worries. I just like bang for the buck.. Porsche is a bit more 'exotic' and has a different image than a vette to me. and you can get them for $30k (or less, even, if you don't mind 50k miles.. which really isn't a problem with those motors or suspensions)... if the 911 had a more different interior, say more like a GT-R, I could probably use it as a daily driver. (I love the GT-R's interior and dash.. it's like a car out of a TRON movie or something).

work? I do a few things.. run a few businesses. clients are training clients mostly.

I agree Porsche has the status thing going for it, but to be honest that's one of the reasons I strongly prefer a Corvette over Porsche - I would never be that guy who pays extra for a badge or to show others "Hey look I can afford a Porsche" etc.  I know some people buy a Porsche because they legitimately love the car, but the ones who buy it as a status symbol are lame and insecure IMO.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2014, 09:47:27 PM »
I agree Porsche has the status thing going for it, but to be honest that's one of the reasons I strongly prefer a Corvette over Porsche - I would never be that guy who pays extra for a badge or to show others "Hey look I can afford a Porsche" etc.  I know some people buy a Porsche because they legitimately love the car, but the ones who buy it as a status symbol are lame and insecure IMO.

I like Porsche's driving experience.. and reliability.. and price (they can be had cheap), so you're not 'paying extra'. most guys in a Porsche don't give a shit about who's car is faster. it's always the guys in the other cars that bring it up.. Porsche owners usually don't care as that's not why they drive it.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2014, 10:13:15 PM »
no worries carera vs base c7 is fair comparo.

btw, it was sennas son i think who said the gtr has the best gearbox for all purposes, including for track.

the corevettes is in relative comparo, a tractor vehicle transmission ;D

its funny when ppl say you just gotta know how to shift,when things like the gizmo trans are shifting better than any human ever could, by far, all computer controlled.

btw its true, the major german test mag,they dont test if the engines are stock,they just assume.

i remember when the sl55 beat the murcielago in the 0-180,this is stock vs stock physicaly impossible.not just improbable ;D

sure the lambo is awd and that costs power up top, and it was a manual vs auto mercer, but still, that was good example that the car realy wasnt stock.

:D
n

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
its funny when ppl say you just gotta know how to shift,when things like the gizmo trans are shifting better than any human ever could, by far, all computer controlled.

I would actually prefer if they dropped the manual completely from all c7s, because I too don't like the "you have to know how to shift" debates, and because the mags would be giving better and more consistent numbers.  For now we'll have to wait for the auto z06's numbers and youtube race videos to compare, but I'm very optomistic about it!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »
A little too much rubber and horsepower talk in this thread. Think I'll soften things up a bit.
a

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2014, 11:18:36 PM »
I would actually prefer if they dropped the manual completely from all c7s, because I too don't like the "you have to know how to shift" debates, and because the mags would be giving better and more consistent numbers.  For now we'll have to wait for the auto z06's numbers and youtube race videos to compare, but I'm very optomistic about it!
Is your C7 a stick or auto?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2014, 11:28:15 PM »
I'll take a classic pre owned 1960's Aston Martin and a classic "pre owned", high mileage 1960's blond.

That Aston is gorgeous, and so is the woman...

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2014, 04:33:58 AM »
A little too much rubber and horsepower talk in this thread. Think I'll soften things up a bit.
oh my god!!! Epic pic

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2014, 06:33:43 AM »
I was looking into this and for $50K I can get a 2005-07 B9 with anywhere from 25k to 35K miles on it.  They are sweet looking cars.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »
Is your C7 a stick or auto?

auto  8)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
I was looking into this and for $50K I can get a 2005-07 B9 with anywhere from 25k to 35K miles on it.  They are sweet looking cars.

If you're comparing cost of ownership of a $50k car that's 8 years old, without warranty and that happens to be a European car with higher cost of replacement parts, it'll likely cost you the same over the next 5 years as a new car that's maybe $60-65k.  Plus with the new car you can pick exactly what colour and options you want, unlike in the used market.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »
If you're comparing cost of ownership of a $50k car that's 8 years old, without warranty and that happens to be a European car with higher cost of replacement parts, it'll likely cost you the same over the next 5 years as a new car that's maybe $60-65k.  Plus with the new car you can pick exactly what colour and options you want, unlike in the used market.

Luckily for me if I wanted a DB9, SoCal is the place to be for the used market and getting all sorts of choices.  There are all sorts out there.  Now would I ever spend that money on a British made car?  Fuck no.  I knew a guy who owned a british car mechanics shop.  It was always packed with all sorts of MGs, AMs, RR, Jags etc...  Jags were notorious for blowing their transmissions.

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2014, 09:43:07 AM »
Wow lots of wannabe's commenting on cars that they cannot afford.  Unlike 99% of the people offering their opinions on this thread, Bob's and I actually own the a C7 and I think we are in a better position to comment then the rest of you sunfire driving food stamp folk who wish they could buy a porche or wish they could buy an Aston Martin.  Man the fuck up, buy something worthwhile and then talk shit.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
Wow lots of wannabe's commenting on cars that they cannot afford.  Unlike 99% of the people offering their opinions on this thread, Bob's and I actually own the a C7 and I think we are in a better position to comment then the rest of you sunfire driving food stamp folk who wish they could buy a porche or wish they could buy an Aston Martin.  Man the fuck up, buy something worthwhile and then talk shit.

lol... typical vette owner.

chip on shoulder.

something to prove.

lol "worthwhile"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »
Yes, but what about a real mans car. 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
lol... typical vette owner.

chip on shoulder.

something to prove.

lol "worthwhile"

Nailed it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »
Yes, but what about a real mans car. 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T.

I really like the look of the Challenger, but I bet it's all plastic.

:-\