Author Topic: Buying a used Aston Martin (BB related)  (Read 11898 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Buying a used Aston Martin (BB related)
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2014, 01:34:50 PM »
I really like the look of the Challenger, but I bet it's all plastic.

:-\
It's a nice ride my friend (I own one) Looks great, Hemi V8 (379 hp stock) You aren't going to do much better (brand new) for around 30K.

Thats if you want an American muscle car. I think Camaro's look like shit. Mustang's are a dime a dozen.

The Challenger blends old with new perfectly.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »
It's a nice ride my friend (I own one) Looks great, Hemi V8 (379 hp stock) You aren't going to do much better (brand new) for around 30K.

Thats if you want an American muscle car. I think Camaro's look like shit. Mustang's are a dime a dozen.

The Challenger blends old with new perfectly.

Yeah, I think you're right. I would probably go with a Challenger, good choice.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2014, 01:43:51 PM »

heavy car that doesn't handle. Mustangs sound better, handle better, weigh less. And the new 2015 Mustang...damn...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »

A nice pic of the interior. I have been in a late model Corvette, and was appalled at the interior.

It looked like it should have been in a Chevy malibu  :-X A true sign that Corvette was resting on it's image.

I'm sure they have upgraded the cabin in recent years.  ;)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »
heavy car that doesn't handle. Mustangs sound better, handle better, weigh less. And the new 2015 Mustang...damn...
Mustangs are cookie cutter. Then again you are talking about a 2015 vs a 2012.

I think the Challenger looks far better then the Mustang.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »

A nice pic of the interior. I have been in a late model Corvette, and was appalled at the interior.

It looked like it should have been in a Chevy malibu  :-X A true sign that Corvette was resting on it's image.

I'm sure they have upgraded the cabin in recent years.  ;)

Nice, way better than I expected. I just assumed it would be similar to the Corvette. It would be cool if someone made an oldschool aftermarket steering wheel that looked more like the old original one.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
Nice, way better than I expected. I just assumed it would be similar to the Corvette. It would be cool if someone made an oldschool aftermarket steering wheel that looked more like the old original one.

Trust me, i'm sure they have them out there.

Don't get me wrong, I really like corvettes (especially the new model  :o)

It's just that the interrior never matched the exterior. Plain jane all the way.

Not to mention that I have had friends that had both Mustangs and Corvettes. They were both in the shop alot.  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
Mustangs are cookie cutter. Then again you are talking about a 2015 vs a 2012.

I think the Challenger looks far better then the Mustang.
The Challenger apes the original, and so does the Mustang. It was the Mustang that ushered in the retro design for the muscle cars. The interior of the Challenger uses too much hard plastic for my taste, and is "cookie cutter in layout", design is boring. I was talking about weigh as well, it's a big, heavy car The Challenger using a heavily modified chassis from the 90s Mercedes E class (w210).

It looks cool in black, and the 392 is a great model. I know someone with it.
But, it's the mustang, that will be The Originator. I took a look at a 2014 a few days ago...beautiful car.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2014, 02:01:56 PM »
The Challenger apes the original, and so does the Mustang. It was the Mustang that ushered in the retro design for the muscle cars. The interior of the Challenger uses too much hard plastic for my taste, and is "cookie cutter in layout", design is boring. I was talking about weigh as well, it's a big, heavy car The Challenger using a heavily modified chassis from the 90s Mercedes E class (w210).

It looks cool in black, and the 392 is a great model. I know someone with it.
But, it's the mustang, that will be The Originator. I took a look at a 2014 a few days ago...beautiful car.
It's all about opinions in the end. I like the interior of the Mustang. I just think the outside looks boring.  Maybe it's because I see 100 of them on the road every day  ::)

There is a reason why they keep tweaking the exterior of the Mustang.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »
Good everyday car, easy to maintain without a ton of Royal Purple...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2014, 02:08:18 PM »
It's all about opinions in the end. I like the interior of the Mustang. I just think the outside looks boring.  Maybe it's because I see 100 of them on the road every day  ::)

There is a reason why they keep tweaking the exterior of the Mustang.
yes, because the 2005 model has aged terribly...I actually hate the retro styling, but like the 2010-2014 models better. Like picking poison.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
Wow lots of wannabe's commenting on cars that they cannot afford.  Unlike 99% of the people offering their opinions on this thread, Bob's and I actually own the a C7 and I think we are in a better position to comment then the rest of you sunfire driving food stamp folk who wish they could buy a porche or wish they could buy an Aston Martin.  Man the fuck up, buy something worthwhile and then talk shit.
calm down "gag(on cock)2"

i have owned leased much superior cars than a vette before

no seriosuly everyone can get a lease on quite expensive cars, i seen just today, kids who recently learned to piss straight on their own, driving around i 55 and 63models amgs.

sure they starve for that, but they dod rive the cars.

hell a middle class audi, or any other german car costs more than the base corvette.cars that are bought for the women so she can get grocieres and go to the barber shop.
n

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2014, 03:52:29 PM »
Genius Marketing.  ;D

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2014, 04:08:15 PM »
USED Aston Martins? This is getbig, everyones getting one of these for just over 4 million bucks

ugly as fuck
T

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »

ugly as fuck

And the first rabbit that jumps out in front of you totals your shit lol

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
Ahh I did step away from the computer but was checking for updates on my phone and after reading this I came back to another post lol, couldn't resist.

It's not much more than speculation that the GTR that did 7:08 or whatever the time was will be the actual production car that people can buy.  For one the car isn't available, and secondly even for the 2013 and prior GTR's no third party is confirming that these cars Nissan sends to the Ring are even stock.  They could be, but it makes me wonder why the GTR is relatively slower at other tracks like the VIR or Laguna Seca than Nissan's claimed nurburgring versions.

The GTR was improved almost every subsequent production year, so I'm not sure what you mean by comparing a vette to a 6 year old GTR.  The 6 year old one was 485 hp.  One can also say the Z6 ZR1 is 5-6 years old since it was intro'd as a 2009 model.

Off of a dig you're right, but off of a roll its not so cut and dry.

Sorry if I sounded confrontational earlier, I can tell now you're just having fun :)  Re: "shit naturally aspirated though" - so is the C7 stingray, again making it a fair comparison ;)

Ahh the Nismo GTR is available to the public starting now for 150K price

Those times are LEGIT, go look it up there are vids of it and no one is doubting the 7:08 claim

The GTR is still a 6 yr old car that weighs 3800 Ibs with a 6 yr old chassis, transmission, etc...

It's best to compare it to the c6, doesn't matter how much improvement it makes

U can't change the fact that AWD auto/paddle shift is the way to go if u looking for straight speed

Vettes are still rwd, manual

Wait for the new GTR around the corner and it will obliterate the vettes

Frankly I could care less like I said about speed or who has he most HP blah blah blah

Give me the new M3 or cayman S

U can keep that c7 vette and pound your chest and argue how much Hp or how fast it is  :D

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »
I like Porsche's driving experience.. and reliability.. and price (they can be had cheap), so you're not 'paying extra'. most guys in a Porsche don't give a shit about who's car is faster. it's always the guys in the other cars that bring it up.. Porsche owners usually don't care as that's not why they drive it.

Exactly

U can argue the guys that usually buy vettes, or any "inexpensive" sports cars always bragging about they paid half of what porsche owners and that their cars make this much power and is cheaper  ::)

Anyone that's ever hung around porsche enthusiasts know that group is hardcore, this isn't the ferrari crowd u are talking too which seems to be more poseurs

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »

Amen, Mr Parker....yes, that shit is too heavy man....rented one from Avis a year ago and took a trip to Columbus, the ride was comfortable, but man, the car feel so damn heavy...the bloated feel was the only thing that turns me off

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2014, 11:53:30 PM »
Ahh the Nismo GTR is available to the public starting now for 150K price

Those times are LEGIT, go look it up there are vids of it and no one is doubting the 7:08 claim

The GTR is still a 6 yr old car that weighs 3800 Ibs with a 6 yr old chassis, transmission, etc...

It's best to compare it to the c6, doesn't matter how much improvement it makes

U can't change the fact that AWD auto/paddle shift is the way to go if u looking for straight speed

Vettes are still rwd, manual

Wait for the new GTR around the corner and it will obliterate the vettes

Frankly I could care less like I said about speed or who has he most HP blah blah blah

Give me the new M3 or cayman S

U can keep that c7 vette and pound your chest and argue how much Hp or how fast it is  :D

I have no doubt the 7:08 time was legit, what I'm not so sure about is whether the GTR that ran that time was completely stock.

Not following your logic at all re: only comparing the new Nismo GTR to the now old C6's.

I guess you also missed the part that all c7s (including the Z06) will now have an auto with paddle shift option rather than manual only

To date the Corvette has accomplished what it wishes to, so I'm sure if/when the time comes that it can no longer be the top dog for cars within double its price with a rwd only I'm sure GM will adapt and adjust the Corvette accordingly

You don't care about numbers, good for you.  I do.  I can just as easily say "Give me a Corvette, you can keep that m3 or cayman s and pound your chest and argue how nice it feels or how nice the materials used in the interior are. :D"

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »
Yes, but what about a real mans car. 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T.

Too heavy, too overpriced and personally not a big fan of the retro styling.

A friend of mine bought a new fully loaded SRT Challenger and it cost him a tad more than my new C7 that's about average-loaded.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2014, 09:24:50 AM »
Just bumping this in case Bevo didn't see my last reply as it was made right before the getbig crash lol