Author Topic: Trump as president- no defence of NATO allies?  (Read 384 times)

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
Trump as president- no defence of NATO allies?
« on: July 22, 2016, 01:58:25 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/us/politics/donald-trump-issues.html?_r=0

I thought the US was in NATO in order to secure its own peace. Does Trump want some rogue alliance to seize power? Does Trump want Putin to own the Baltic states and all of eastern Europe? Does Trump want to give away the influence the US has? Maybe he think the NATO participation is something the US has been doing to "be kind" to Europe? I find all this weird.

NN

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Trump as president- no defence of NATO allies?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:03:57 AM »
I thought it was ironic that Trump used the LGBTQ or whatever the letters are these days to describe the gay community.  For someone who always downs political correctness, he should just say gays.
He is very politically correct talking about equal rights for the LGBTQ community.

There was some nice fear mongering throughout the RNC.  Our country is delusional if we think radical Islam is a huge threat.  How many have ISIS attacks claimed vs. Iraq civilians we killed?
About 250k to what...400 by ISIS....classic American delusions.  We're one of the biggest terrorist.
N

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
Re: Trump as president- no defence of NATO allies?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:09:20 AM »
I thought it was ironic that Trump used the LGBTQ or whatever the letters are these days to describe the gay community.  For someone who always downs political correctness, he should just say gays.
He is very politically correct talking about equal rights for the LGBTQ community.

There was some nice fear mongering throughout the RNC.  Our country is delusional if we think radical Islam is a huge threat.  How many have ISIS attacks claimed vs. Iraq civilians we killed?
About 250k to what...400 by ISIS....classic American delusions.  We're one of the biggest terrorist.

I guess he must shift tactics now and try to downplay statements and behaviors that alienate large voter groups, while at the same time not losing the voters that already are behind him. Using political correct terms may be a safe way of doing that?

NN